“not what it used to be” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Allensmore
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The Three horseshoes is a country pub and restaurant with three rooms available from £45.00 per night including breakfast. We serve home cooked food from our varied menu from 12.00/9.00 Mon/Saturday, 12.00/8.00 Sunday. We also serve Sunday roast from 12.00 on Sundays. We also have a outside garden area with a barbecue for those sunny days,real ales are available from the bar and a friendly welcome awaits you
Hereford, United Kingdom
“not what it used to be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

lovely building and gardens and great location but the food was average i had the chicken and aspragus and was well over cooked. service was good

Visited April 2012

Hereford, United Kingdom
“good pub grub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

went twice in february both times the greeting was good and the service very good, the menu has been revamped the first meal was excellent the second time average presume it was a different chef.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
“Will Never Return!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

The Worst meal me and my partner have ever had, all the meat was over cooked the chips were really greasy, and to finish of I had the worst chessecake I have ever had. Theses people have know idea how to run a restaurant, they didn't even offer to give us any money off our bill, we didn't eat hardly any of it, and the staff should really check with customers 2 minutes after they have had there food that everything is ok. We won't be going back to this placed again.

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sian C, Manager at The Three Horseshoes Inn, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
I have just read your review, I am very sorry you had a such poor experience. Had I been aware of the problems at the time of your visit I am sure we could have done a great deal more to rectify the situation. In the meantime we have taken on a new head chef and normal service has been restored, again really sorry you had problems. If you visit again do please get in contact as I'd like to make amends.

Best wishes
Sian Crowther
Monmouth, United Kingdom
“Been a few times with Family, What has happened????”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

Over the years, I've been to this little pub a few times whilst visiting family in the area. I went before Christmas and the food was above average which for the price wasn't bad, however we went last Saturday and I have to say it is one of the worst meals I've eaten (and I've eaten out lots), the chicken had obviously been cooked for 10 hours as it was so hard and dry, the steaks were ALL over cooked (there was 6 of us), chips greasy and peas old and discoloured. I think it was a new chef as the waitress said so, I'm not sure where he was from but I think Mc Donalds would not of employed him or her as a cleaner. Its sad to see this pub get let down by a bad chef. I'm sorry to say that we will NOT be visiting this pub again for a long time. The service on the other hand was pleasant.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sian C, Manager at The Three Horseshoes Inn, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Thank you for responding to my message, please email us direct to enable me to send an attachment.
Regards
Sian Crowther
Hereford, England, United Kingdom
“Localish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

We pop in here from time to time and have never been dissapointed with the staff or food.