“If you want a change from typical French food...” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations, Buffet
UK
“If you want a change from typical French food...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is an American styled Steak House where you get a choice of cow steak or buffalo steak. Service excellent, decent value and most importantly nice steak. If you want authentic French food, don't come here obviously!

Visited August 2013

Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
“food very good went three times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

the food was cook to my likening, good quantity, plenty of selection, good quality reasonable priced

Visited June 2013
Petersfield, UK
“Standard (good) Buffalo Grill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Having visited lots of Buffalo Grills over the years, this one is no different to the rest.

We arrived at around 1715 on a Saturday afternoon and were surprised to see we were the only customers, that said it meant we were seated quickly.

We were offered the choice of English or French menus and quickly shown to the table.

Food was tasty and arrived fairly quickly. I've only rated this as average simply because it was "vanilla" - I knew what I was going to get which was tasty food at a decent price but by no means a destination restaurant and nothing particularly special.

If you are in the area and don't have time to head into Cherbourg itself then you won't go wrong.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Galway, Ireland
“MY FAVOURITE RESTAURANT CHAIN”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

There are Buff Grills all over France. And I have eaten in many of them. Why? Because the food is consistently good and of the type that I love. Haut cuisine it is not. Nor does it pretend to be. It is quite simply 'good eatin' at a fair and reasonable price. And the ambiance puts the emphasis on fun and friendly.
Look. I am of the opinon that good engredients do not need to be 'faffed' around with. A good steak is good steak. Period! A well flavoured rack of ribs is a well flavoured rack of ribs. Period! If food comes to me all 'fancied' then I get deeply suspicious. What are they trying to hide with the frills and frolocks? At Buff Grill you are guarenteed simple, good, tasty food every time. And, as it happens, I like the predictability of the menu. I know what I'm facing into. And as I approach another Buff Grill meal I salivate in my mind over whether this time I'll go for the steak again or maybe the burger or the chicken or the ribs.
The Buff grill is so easy to find on the main southern approach to Cherboug. This is very handy if, like me, you're en route to the ferry port and have just had a long drive. There is lots of free parking outside. The staff has always been courteous and helpful. And for those who do not speak French, there is an English version of the menu.
I enjoy the amuse bouche of the intro salad. My children ( who are now young adults! ) still compete at the place-mat puzzles. And do not leave without having a desert. They are all scrumptuous but especially so is the creme brulée.
Put simply, Buff Grill at La Glacerie helps us to end our French holiday every year with a soft landing.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

Visited twice last week first visit on a Sunday.evening very busy had to ask for our drinks twice but otherwise service was good carpacio was fresh tasting the steaks were cooked very well ( rare as asked for ) Irish coffees were hot & very alcoholic !! Our second visit was on Thursday 12th Oct had the mixed tapas starter ok a little greasy again we had steaks not cooked as well as om Sunday asked for rare but they were more medium / well done coffees again were lush

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere