“Better than Basic” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Gorinchem
Scotland
“Better than Basic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Nothing bad to say about this hotel. It was convienient for our visit but a little bit out of town. Only other place to eat nearby was McDonalds (yuk!!). The room a bit of a chalet type affair but it was clean, the bed was very comfy and the shower was fantastic!! We ate in the hotel one night and I have to say that the food was very,very good indeed. Freshly cooked...no frozen stuff. The soup was just delicious! Staff were very pleasant and helpful. Overall a very happy experience. I would definatley recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the car park side may be a litle bit quieter.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

This is a standard hotel tucked right behind a turning off from the busy A15 road. First impressions are that it is a basic hotel, but the "free" WiFi connection was surprisingly much better than expected. The fact that it was strong, and 'free' was a very good strong point. It meant that I could Skype back home with no issues - A typical problem with a few hotels in the past of a similar nature.

There was nothing around that I could see, other than a repulsive McDonalds across the road (I hate this franchise with a passion) so if I wanted anything I had to walk 5-10 minutes along Newtonweg road to the Shell garage.

The meals inside the hotel were pretty limited, but really nice. I liked that they supplied olives after they took my order (or tortilla chips with dip). My room card was faulty on 2 occasions, which was quickly resolved by helpful staff.

The only issue I had was the humid heat in the room. All heaters were off, but for some reason (underground piping?) the rooms were roasting hot. I spent a few nights with the windows open, but in order for that to work I would have had to pull back the blinds to let any air in. So laying above the covers with the windows open where people could just walk by and see you laying above the covers sweaty in boxers wasn't really ideal. A fan or air conditioning would have been good. Perhaps they could have issued one had I asked?

The breakfast selection was pretty poor, but not too bad.

Other than that, everything was fine. More than enough parking spaces, and works good as a base for a few nights if looking for somewhere to have a night time meal, and stick to your room to watch a bit of TV.

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor to avoid walking up step concrete steps
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is just a good hotel when you're travelling through the area. It's about 20 minutes away from the National Park "Biesbosch", which is great for a day off.

The room (we had a room with two separate one-person beds) is very small but clean. For us it was good enough because we had very little luggage. Staff was friendly.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel if you need a place to stay for more than one night. For just one night it's fine.

If you're on a tight budget, this hotel is one of the cheaper choices (our room was only 49 euro p/night). Breakfast is optional for about 11 euro (which I think is way too expensive).

Room Tip: Visit the National Park "Biesbosch", it's only a 20 minutes drive or so.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Ballinakilla
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed here for a week, the staff are very friendly,informative and helpful, the rooms are small but perfectly adequate with a LCD tv, excellent wifi connectivity and speed.

The restaurant serves hand cook fresh food cooked freshly for you. The chicken soup I had one night was the best I had ever tasted it was perfect. The breakfast was fine too all the usual stuff.

The only gripe was the intermittent supply of coffee, sugar and paper cups to the room.

I will come back here if I work here again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I travel all round the world for my company and stay four stars and two stars
After reading the reviews,,,, how can people whinge at this price. Why is it only bad review? I find nothing wrong with this.
Yes its next to a main road but you get a power blind witch cuts out all the noise,

Beds are comfortable and clean,

Yes its paper cups but they are full size not the four star doll house ones.. then again I always carry a mug with me,

Nice flat screen TV with BBC 1 and BBC 2 plus film channels.

Bath room has shower and bath and clean towels every day.

I had a bad WiFi signal and they changed my room.. No problem

So don’t believe all what you read… Ok it’s a Motel not Hotel I would class it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently on a business trip to Gorinchem. I was attending an exhibition at the nearby showground so the hotel was perfectly located within walking distance. The rooms are small and fairly sparse but more than acceptable, especially for the budget price! The show ran from 12 noon until 9pm so I only used the restaurant bar for a drink in the evening and breakfast in the morning. Both were more than adequate and the staff were very pleasant and helpful. There was free wifi in the room and restaurant which allowed me to work through the morning before the show started. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom spacious, although the bath was designed for people under 2 foot tall! Very good value for money!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Campanile Gorinchem? Share your experiences!