“They booked my room to someone else!!” 1 of 5 stars

Stars Paris Arcueil Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94110 Arcueil, France   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Arcueil
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“They booked my room to someone else!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2006

This hotel was the worst hotel I have ever been to. Let me start from the beginning..I booked the hotel with expedia and my booking was confirmed. I emailed the hotel many times to confirm that my booking was received and to ask for walking directions from the nearest train station..never got a response. I arrived at the hotel to check in and the check in clerk speaks no english. I manage to determine that she keeps telling me there is a problem with the booking. She gives me keys and a room number to a neighboring hotel. We make our way to this strange place and find the room..the room has ONE bed small enough for a child!! and it was 2 of us!! I go back to the Stars hotel and the clerk says in french that this was for only one night and sorry about the inconvenience (translated by my trusty pocket gem dictionary). Next day, I return in the morning and they say that I can move over to my room but only after 12 noon. I explained that I have limited days here and that I was going into downtown Paris to explore. They said no problem, move over when I return tonight. On returning, a snobbish man who looked like the manager said that I have to stay in the other building tonight (he spoke some english). I was outraged and asked why. He said because I left my bags there, he could not clean the room or rent it out and he lost money!! NO ONE TOLD US TO BRING OUR BAGS OVER!!! He eventually gave in when I told him there was only a single child's bed there for both me and my friend. He said we needed to go and move over immediatly. I rush over to the other building and return to find someone new there who again speaks no english and knows nothing about what happened a few minutes ago! After at least 15 minutes of trying to explain to him, he makes a phone call and gives me the keys to a room. I get to the room, it was filthy, the carpets are disgusting and the bathroom had mould. The heating also did not work.
The hotel is in a terrible area which can only be described as ghetto. It will definately ruin your trip to Paris.

• Stayed May 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first

Been to Stars Paris Arcueil Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Stars Paris Arcueil Hotel

Address: 110 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94110 Arcueil, France
Location: France > Ile-de-France > Val-de-Marne > Arcueil
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Arcueil
Hotel Class:2 star — Stars Paris Arcueil Hotel 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Stars Paris Arcueil Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Stars Paris Arcueil Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.