“Slow service” 3 of 5 stars

Description: Just opened in December 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
“Slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Had been wanting to try this restaurant for some time. Lovely place for a meal and the food was great once we got it. The service was very poor - so slow. They have gone to a lot trouble with the character and decor but unfortunately the service lets them down. The staff need to be trained in looking after their customers. Gore needs nice places to eat so if they improve on their service, they will do a lot better!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Riverton, New Zealand
“Very good decor but the food not up to it.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband and I went there for dinner. We were disappointed with the food given such lovely decor. My husband is an ex fisherman and had worked on scallop boats. He found the scallops unpalatable and didnt know why pickled onions were added to the recipe. I myself had lamb rack and absolutely enjoyed it. Delicious. I did not like the crispy duck that I had for entree as I felt the duck was undercooked which made it slimy. Not very nice at all. Overall, I believe that the price was a bit on the high side.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Whakatane, New Zealand
“Loads of Character”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Lovely decor with loads of character. Our visitors from the North Island were impressed with their lunch and would love to come back for Dinner in the near future. We have dined here many times and have always enjoyed our meals and service.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kiwi NZ
“Nice Setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is a very nice restaurant and a great place to relax in a lovely setting. The food is slightly above average but very nice. I had a very nice cod meal and the others were very imressed with the desserts. Somewhere to go that is very nice and quiet.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Auckland
“A cracking spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Great food, clean, tidy, we'll thought out der. We had lunch there a week go. What a great place. Fish was fresh as it comes. If you are stopping in Gore don't miss it.