“Great Place To Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Windjammer Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pine Knoll Shores
Windjammer Inn
You added Windjammer Inn to your Saves list
103 Salter Path Road, Pine Knoll Shores, NC 28512   |
Clemmons, North Carolina
“Great Place To Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This facility is clean and well run. My wife and I have stayed at it several times and always enjoyed it. We have made it our place to stay at Atlantic Beach.The staff is very eager to assist you in any way possible including recommendations for dining and things to do in the area.

Room Tip: For a good view of the ocean, book 3-5 floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Harrisonburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My wife and I came down a day earlier, stayed at the Windjammer and from check in with Mark to his recommendations for dinner and 4 Corners for breakfast, the entire evening, night and next day was great. The outdoor pool area is second to none, beautiful sunset..Will definitely be back!!

• Stayed September 2013
Wilson, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I usually stay at the Clamdigger Inn but we wanted to spread our wings a bit and try something new. Glad we did! The rooms are large , all non smoking and no pets. The bathrooms are HUGE with walk in showers which has sprayers to soak you down and remove all the sand you picked up from your day at the beach. They offer free beach service which makes up for the extra room per night charge. They have a expansive pool , hot tub , deck area which includes a adults only area with cabana beds and a lagoon. Also they have hammocks oceanfront. Only problem here is no food service. Looks as if they had food service at one time...they need to bring it back. There is some good restaurants within walking distance. Kudos to the office manager who checked us in on Friday. We didn't get his name, but he was a very entertaining fellow and made us feel very welcomed. Looks like the Clamdigger may lose our business this summer, as we are booking our June trip when we checkout!
GOOD VALUE
GREAT VIEWS
GREAT STAY!

• Stayed September 2013
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

A group of friends and family stayed at Windjammer Inn for a wedding. First, they told the bride when she checked in that you could not have a wedding on the beach (which was untrue). Secondly, we asked to check in early, really just to see if there was a rare chance that we could (we were very early for check in time). Instead of being polite and saying,"Sure let me check" we recieve a rude response of "Highly doubt it; it's way to early." The entire weekend we and every other person we were there with, recieved horrible customer service from the front desk people. The rooms smelled of must, every single one of them.

The only nice things were the cabanas by the fountain and the fact that it is right on the ocean. I would suggest going to the Hilton right down the road.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Found the Windjammer while browsing online. The place was more than I expected. I have booked from online before and have been very disappointed but the Windjammer was great. The views from the 5th floor could not have been better. The staff and cleaning crew were exceptional. Our room was clean and comfortable. We will be back again. Only wish there was a coffeepot in the room. I just bought a cheap one so it all worked out perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor so you can see over the dunes
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ScottManager, General Manager at Windjammer Inn, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review, we are very happy that you had a great time the first time in the area. We hope to see you again the next time you visit the area
Lakewood,Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have been up and down the coast and the Windjammer Inn is our favorite place to stay. All the rooms are ocean front. The staff went out of their way to get us a great room on the top floor. The hot tub was actually heated perfectly which you seldom find in a hotel. They have cabanas that some hotels charge $150 a day for.

Room Tip: There are no coffee makers in the room. They supply coffee in the lobby. If you are a coffee snob li...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your positive review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Windjammer Inn. We hope to see you the next time you visit the Crystal Coast.
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I've stayed at the Windjammer three times but will not be staying again. On March 6th I reserved a room for August---6 months in advance. I reserved early to request a specialty 6-person room offered by the hotel. It is located on the first floor directly beside the pool.

When I called a few days before arriving to confirm the room, I was told by a woman at the front desk that someone else had reserved the room. The woman said she could see in the reservation that I had requested the room, but for unknown reasons it was promised to someone else a month ago. She directed me to call back the next day after she had a chance to speak with the owner.

When I called the next day I was told that the room was not available, and I would be in a 5th floor room instead. I called the following day to speak with the owner myself and was flatly told that he (the owner) had taken my reservation several months back and I most certainly did not request the room. I am told this despite the fact the front desk woman told me she could see in the reservation that I requested the room.

What is more upsetting than not getting the requested room was the way the owner addressed the situation and treated me. I was courteous but this did not resonate back. He was curt, interrupted me, showed no acknowledgment of my view and offered no apology.

A professional manager would have said, “Hey…I don’t know how this happened but I’m sorry it did…what can I do to make it better?” I am a reasonable person and even if the solution involved not getting the room I requested, I would have appreciated his understanding of the issue, tried to work with him, and would probably return again next year. But by not acknowledging that he erred in booking my reservation (or even that he MAY have erred) he essentially called me a liar. His attitude was rude and dismissive.

I choose not to do business with those who cannot communicate with respect and courtesy when problems arise. Thankfully there are better hotels in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ScottManager, General Manager at Windjammer Inn, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I believe you are mad at me the General Manager, not the owner. We are very lucky that we have a lot of repeat business and many guests do request a certain room for each visit. I did take your original reservation March 6 and had written on the reservation request room 501, which is the Specialty room on the 5th floor. You called a few days before your arrival date and said it should be room 101 Specialty room on the 1st floor. Each reservation I do repeat the room type and location of the room two times before ending the reservation.
When I spoke to you August 14 I was not trying to be rude or short, I was just explaining the options we had which were unfortunately limited because we had a full house during your dates. I was very upset regarding your situation but also perplexed because I did your reservation personally and had written down a different room that you later stated. I will just say the "customer is always right." We were not able to get you into the room 101 you wanted but were able to accommodate you in another Specialty room on the first floor.
We are very sorry this happened and wish you the best.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pine Knoll Shores
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
#1 of 6 in Morehead City
4.5 of 5 stars 41 reviews
BEST WESTERN Plus Silver Creek Inn

Been to Windjammer Inn? Share your experiences!