I stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach for a weekend. The hotel is adjacent to a golf course which looked pretty nice. The hotel can be hard to find, as it is not well marked from the front if you're arriving from the east (especially at night). Fortunately if you miss the turn just take the next one and enter from the side. Parking can be found all around the hotel so isn't an issue. As the hotel isn't directly next to the beach you shouldn't find too many beachgoers taking up valuable space.
Check-in was quick and found myself in my room without any issues. Upon entering the room, you are greeted by a nicely appointed and sized room. The room has a separate living area from the bedroom and bathroom. There was a sink, microwave and refrigerator and a small work desk on one side of the living room. On the other side was a wraparound sofa. The bedroom had two queen beds. The television wasn't necessarily in the best position, but not a big issue. The toilet and bathtub/shower were separated from the sink as well.
Another nice part of the room was the temperature control. The air-conditioner was not as loud as many other hotels and easy to get used to. With the temperature control and nice, soft beds it made for an enjoyable night's sleep. The only issue that you might encounter are drunk adults making a lot of noise outside and unattended kids running in the hall.
The complimentary breakfast was decent. You had the normal choices found in a traditional continental breakfast with the option to make your own waffles and a couple of other hot options. They kept the coffee urns full which is always a plus. There also seemed to be plenty of seats and a quick turnaround. Breakfast is available every morning from 0600-1000.
As other posts have mentioned, in order to get to the closest beach it means crossing a busy road to get to it. However it looked like you could also take the road to the golf course to get to another beach (Although facing inland instead of the ocean). I wasn't there for the beach, so don't know if it was any good or not. There are not many restaurants in the area, but there are a few in close driving distance away and no more than a mile away.
The hotel is definitely one of the cheaper options in the area, as the Doubletree Hotel down the street was more than twice as expensive (I had looked prior to booking the Hampton). One tip to keep in mind is to ask for a room away from the elevators. They beep every time as they pass each floor. Don't know if you can hear it or not. I also recommend making a reservation beforehand during the summer months, as it fills up quickly. I would definitely recommend staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites while on the Emerald Isle coast. You even get a card at check-in for discounts to two different restaurants if you so choose to go there (they looked good but didn't go to either one during this trip). The hotel also offered the chance to extend my stay for half-price, which would be good if your travel plans were flexible.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach Hotel
- Hampton Inn And Suites Atlantic Beach
- Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach Hotel Pine Knoll Shores
- Hampton Inn Atlantic Beach
- Amerisuites Indian Beach
- Indian Beach Amerisuites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach in North Carolina is situated across the street from the Atlantic Ocean and adjacent to the Country Club of the Crystal Coast. The central location of the property makes this hotel the perfect place for work, play or both. The area is affectionately known as the "Crystal Coast" due to its miles of sparkling, crystalline waters and white sandy beaches. We're one of the few south facing beaches along the east coast, which sets the stage to spectacular sunrises and sunsets over the Atlantic Ocean.Everything you can possibly want out of a seaside vacation is here. The waters are full of fish, dolphins and other sea critters just waiting to be caught and explored. Pine Knoll Shores Hotel are also convenient to several historic towns and cities, museums and outdoor activities. While you're here you can also tour the fully restored Civil War Fort Macon, the NC Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores and Historic Beaufort and New Bern, NC. The Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach is four- stories and boast 109 well-appointed over-sized rooms. Tucked behind native Live Oaks, the property and guests can't be easily seen by passerby's. Each room features either one king or two double beds. Included in all rooms is a sleeper sofa, microwave oven, refrigerator, coffee maker, wet bar and work desk. The hotel also includes all the amenities and quality you've come to expect from Hampton, such as complimentary On the House® hot breakfast, complimentary high-speed internet access, complimentary local calls and no surcharge when using a calling card, complimentary premium movie channel and many other extras. Also, for our guest convenience we have an outdoor pool, fully-equipped on-site exercise room, business center and Suite Shop for those late night snack attacks. So come and enjoy the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach and see and experience all we have to offer. We love having you here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach in North Carolina! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.