The property is located on the golf course and is about 1000ft from the beach (but is not a beachfront as is advertised). Otherwise this is a pretty standard Hampton Inn with few problems:
1. Windows are locked in majority of the rooms. This is especially offensive when you have a room with the ocean view. You come for a breeze and you get a room with locked windows - doesn't make sense. We asked the front desk to open windows but they refused giving us all kinds of ridiculous explanations from hurricane (nothing like that was in the forecast) to insurance reasons. We pointed out that we rent two rooms and in one of them windows open, still no effect. So we spend 3 nights in a room 308 with locked windows.
2. Staff is generally uninterested and not quite responsive: I have seen people turned down when they came for breakfast at 10:05 (breakfast ends at 10:00); One day we were in our room when they wanted to make it up, so we asked them to come back a little later - never happened even though we put out 'please, make up the room' tag.
3. It is in need of maintenance - floor lamp in our room didn't work, and shower head was leaking. Do not get me wrong - it isn’t bad, the place was renovated not long ago, but it needs attention which it isn't getting.
We booked it for a long weekend at the very last minute and still got a 20%+ discount, so for us it was acceptable. But generally I think it is way overpriced (rack rate in late August was $189 per night). Location however is excellent
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach Hotel
- Hampton Inn And Suites Atlantic Beach
- Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach Hotel Pine Knoll Shores
- Hampton Inn Atlantic Beach
- Amerisuites Indian Beach
- Indian Beach Amerisuites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach in North Carolina is situated across the street from the Atlantic Ocean and adjacent to the Country Club of the Crystal Coast. The central location of the property makes this hotel the perfect place for work, play or both. The area is affectionately known as the "Crystal Coast" due to its miles of sparkling, crystalline waters and white sandy beaches. We're one of the few south facing beaches along the east coast, which sets the stage to spectacular sunrises and sunsets over the Atlantic Ocean.Everything you can possibly want out of a seaside vacation is here. The waters are full of fish, dolphins and other sea critters just waiting to be caught and explored. Pine Knoll Shores Hotel are also convenient to several historic towns and cities, museums and outdoor activities. While you're here you can also tour the fully restored Civil War Fort Macon, the NC Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores and Historic Beaufort and New Bern, NC. The Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach is four- stories and boast 109 well-appointed over-sized rooms. Tucked behind native Live Oaks, the property and guests can't be easily seen by passerby's. Each room features either one king or two double beds. Included in all rooms is a sleeper sofa, microwave oven, refrigerator, coffee maker, wet bar and work desk. The hotel also includes all the amenities and quality you've come to expect from Hampton, such as complimentary On the House® hot breakfast, complimentary high-speed internet access, complimentary local calls and no surcharge when using a calling card, complimentary premium movie channel and many other extras. Also, for our guest convenience we have an outdoor pool, fully-equipped on-site exercise room, business center and Suite Shop for those late night snack attacks. So come and enjoy the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach and see and experience all we have to offer. We love having you here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach in North Carolina! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.