“A place that makes you feel right at home” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Seahawk Inn & Villas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pine Knoll Shores
Seahawk Inn & Villas
You added Seahawk Inn & Villas to your Saves list
105 Salter Path Road, Atlantic Beach, Pine Knoll Shores, NC 28512   |
Fountain, Michigan
“A place that makes you feel right at home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

I couldn't ask for a better place to stay than this! Granted it is dated, but it has its own charm that is very friendly and welcoming! Our upper room had a great view of the ocean and pool --- we had a nice little balcony that was just fitting to end the day and relax.
The price was perfect for our three night stay and making plans to come back again next year! Staff was very welcoming and helpful! Room was very clean and comfy beds -- almost like home! I will certainly come back again!

• Stayed September 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Washington, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Location is great and room for most part was clean but carpet needed to be replaced. We got good rate on room and being able to go out backdoor and have short walk to beach was great. Feeling the need to wear shoes when walking on carpet was not.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
kjweirick, General Manager at Seahawk Inn & Villas, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for your review, as the Seahawk has been in the process of updating for the past three years. We have made progress, as this is an ongoing project for any property celebrating 50 years of beach fun to our friends and families. We hope to see you soon to observe further improvements!
Dorchester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Dirty didn't quite adequately describe it, hence going with filthy. I would suggest the owners of this hotel maybe invest in some cleaning agents and properly train their employees in using them. The room itself was so sticky/smelly, we ate our breakfast in the car not wanting what we were about to ingest to even cross the threshold. I also would not venture into any grassy area in the dark unless armed with a flashlight, unless you enjoy scraping dog feces off the bottom of your shoes. This place is seriously run-down. A horrible experience. Luckily, we were able to warn a group of friends who came close to booking over Labor Day!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
The staff at the Seahawk take pride in our cleanliness, and I am concerned about your experience during your stay with us! If there was an opportunity for me to address your concerns, I would had made appropriate actions. We do offer designated pet friendly rooms, but the grounds are monitored frequently and I regret your unpleasant stay with us! We receive many great reviews and one bad review can really bring a bad impression.
west tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We were on vacation and only got to stay one night but I would have loved to spend a week or more here. We had a downstairs room near the pool and I was worried we might have some noise from late night swimmers, that has happened other places. But I don't think anyone was out there after sundown, if there was I didn't hear them. Our room was older but it was spic and span clean. The bath was also clean and had plenty of towels. They told us on check-in they had towels in the lobby for the pool and beach. I would love to go back and take my dog. This was a great place to stay. Thanks for the beach chairs and umbrellas they came in handy. Some people wouldn't be happy anywhere.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I read a lot of reviews before booking the Seahawk, and in fact it was recommended to me by friends who've stayed there several times in the past, and who travel extensively and have the means to stay wherever they please. So I thought I had a pretty good handle on what to expect, based on the info provided by both these sources, but I'm sorry to say the hotel was really not satisfactory.

I'll start with the PROS:

Kim, who took my reservation, was very friendly, professional and accommodating. She gave me a great rate on two adjoining rooms for my kids and my husband and me.

The hotel is right on the beach, and has a nice clean, if small, pool area and deck. There are grills available and hammocks and beach chairs for the use of guests.

All rooms face the beach, and have small balconies or patios, and in-room mini-fridges.

Plenty of hot water and good water pressure in showers.

CONS:

The rooms are in a sad state. They are not just dilapidated, with broken fixtures, cracked tile, threadbare carpets and peeling paint, but the worst part is they are truly not clean. Both bathrooms in our rooms had cracked, dirty tiles and broken bathroom fixtures (old-school ceramic soapdishes and toothbrush holders over the sink with broken, jagged edges sticking out of the walls) and the windowsills were dirty and had dead bugs in the corners. The bathtub would not drain, which is a personal major gross-out to me, and the shower curtains were in need of replacement. There were used, wet washcloths in the bathroom window ledge of our room when we arrived.

The carpet was very dirty and our bare feet were brown from walking on it. Ugh.

The A/C in our room barely worked; the kids' room fared better in that department.

The coffee maker was grimy and actually sticky to the touch.

I'm not a prima donna about luxury surroundings, but I do require that my accommodations be CLEAN. I knew we were booking a casual beach motel and was fully prepared for minimal creature comforts, but when my room makes me want to wear rubber gloves and not sit down on any of the furniture, that is a deal-breaker for me. We nearly left after dinner so as not to have to sleep in the rooms, but the sheets smelled fresh and looked clean, and we had a long drive ahead so we stuck it out and really enjoyed the beach and ocean the next day until check-out.

Summary: this place is in a great spot and has a nice pool and beautiful beach frontage. With some work it could be a fun, old-school motor lodge with some charm and appeal but to get there the rooms seriously need a complete overhaul, which it would appear they have not had in at least 40 years.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
kjweirick, General Manager at Seahawk Inn & Villas, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
I feel the need to respond to your unfavorable review of the Seahawk Inn & Villas, as the majority of our guests are extremely happy, and certainly want to stay again! I am perplexed by this review, as I had taken the reservation and we had an open discussion about the Seahawk and our surroundings. The morning of your check-out, your husband had stayed in our lobby and I had a good conversation with him,.. in fact had requested a late check out. I was not aware at that time, of any concerns about your stay and room conditions. We are an older and clean property, but we continously make renovations, replacing carpet, curtains. fixtures etc., I am very familiar with the rooms and what is a necessary for ongoing changes to the hotel in order to keep it updated to the current times, I hope you will come stay with us again!
Hampton, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed in August for three nights and were pleasantly surprised with the hotel. though old it was clean. the view was fabulous and the swings, hammocks, and chairs that ere available aswell as the table and chairs on the little patio off the room was great to sit and enjoy the wind, sun, and sound of the ocean! Our dog, Max, really enjoyed his stay but it did get a little noisy at times with the dogs barking at each other.
I would definitely stay again if we ever go back with our dog.

Room Tip: Definitely if you have a pet, get a lower room so you don't have to go up and down the stairs to...
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I booked my room 3 weeks in advance. When I checked in and got my room keys I immediately went dor a walk on the beach with my pup. Upon return from the beach I went to my room to find that it was NOT what i reserved 3 weeks before. I talked to the lady at the front desk who told me all other rooms were full and there was nothing I could do. I asked for a discount, but she saidnher hands were tied. I politely told her this isnt what I paid for, that I wanted my money back and I was going somewhere else. I was STILL charged for that night even though they charged me for a room I didnt book or stay in. I will never have anything to do with these bank robbers evernagain!!

• Stayed August 2013
kjweirick, General Manager at Seahawk Inn & Villas, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
The experience that you had is concerning, as we accomodate our guests to the best of our abilities. The oceanfront designated pet friendly rooms are clean, first floor and great access to the beach. I apologize that we had not met your expectations, as we have new and contiuous repeat guests and their furry friends. A fun, family oriented, relaxing property, we are, built in 1963 and celebrating 50 years of service this year to our guests...bad impressions is not what we exceed in...sorry for your experience!

Been to Seahawk Inn & Villas? Share your experiences!