“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Caledon Hotel, Spa, Casino

You added Caledon Hotel, Spa, Casino to your Saves list
Caledon Hotel, Spa, Casino
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Nerina Avenue | PO Box 480, Caledon 7230, South Africa   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Caledon
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

No Tips, The Caledon Hotel is perfect as it is, myself and my husband will definately be back, the weekend away was a birthday gift to my husband from myself. I enjoyed everything at the Caledon Hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Hermanus, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Would like more choice of entertainment, like movies shows etc. Service was good. Spa was excellent.Swimming fantastic. The blue crane rest was surprisingly very good. The Divinche as well but he other rest was slow to serve, and help. I actually left the resturant to go elsewere.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Subsequent to making my booking at the resort, (I was having a birthday celebration for my husband) our friends tries to book rooms as well, we were a party of 8pax, requiring 4 rooms, we were told the hotel is fully booked, since my booking was made 3 weeks ago I constantly followed up with the hotel reservations desk to be put on a waiting list for cancellations so we could take the extra rooms. Up until the day of our arrival we called to see if any rooms had become available and was told the hotel is fully booked. When we arrived, we checked in and again I asked if we can have more rooms and was told yes there are still lotsa rooms available and how many would I like. I was annoyed and utterly disappointed as my friends had to book a B&B close by. I find this not very ethical that the Hotel Lies to his patrons to create a perception that the place is fully booked when infact it is not. I did enjoy my stay there, but I will think twice before I recommend the hotel to family and friends or I myself make a booking there, it was very stressful for me to try and find alternate accommodation for my party, when in fact there was rooms available at the resort and my friends has to leave the resort early and couldn't stay and gamble with us or enjoy the facilities or have breakfast with us the next morning, as they had to drive to their B&B and couldn't have drinks at the bar before driving. Most disappointing!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Cape Town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

it is a beautiful place to stay. all staff was very professional. there is everything you need, from children to adults. the view is awesome, never expected to be so beautiful, very relaxing. i will come again, it is worth the money. i wish i could stay longer. thank you very much.

Cape Town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

My reason for the trip was to relax and enjoy myself and that is exactly what I did
with friends of mine , my complimenmts to the gardener .
we will return shortly .The Da Vinci Restuarant offered value for money and the walk to the Casino safe under cover.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

I urgently needed a room for the night.. So didn't plan my say here... And what a great surprise. The rooms are spacious, the hotel has TONS of facilities, hot spa, tons of facilities for the kids, and as a bonus, there is a small but full featured, excellent casino. Most impressively everything is very reasonably priced. Do yourself a favor and don't drive past this property next time you are in the area.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Western Cape
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

The warm welcome from Carly at Reception set the tone for our stay. The resort is perfectly situated for a well deserved break away. Ideally suited and perfect for a relaxing couples retreat. Friendly staff, well maintained grounds and amenities. A spa treat is a must. Pity that the resort does not cater a bigger selection of vegetarian food and no halaal food options are available.

Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

Been to Caledon Hotel, Spa, Casino? Share your experiences!