“A great island experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Six Senses Yao Noi

Save Saved
You added Six Senses Yao Noi to your Saves list
Six Senses Yao Noi
5.0 of 5 Villa   |   56 Moo 5 Tambol Koh Yao Noi, Ko Yao Noi 82160, Thailand   |
Special Price
Extended Stay - 5 Nights
London, United Kingdom
“A great island experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

An unbeatable location -the views are simply breathtaking! The resort has a great atmosphere and it was a wonderful place to spend 3 nights. Delicious food and such friendly staff. I thought it was fantastic that you could take bikes for the day and explore the island - we spent an evening at a local restaurant which was a nice change from the hotel. A great place for couples or honeymooners.

Room Tip: A view with an ocean view is a must.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ManishPuri, General Manager at Six Senses Yao Noi, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. Yes, the island is beautiful also and lot of guests go out for jogging, biking or out for a scooter rides. There is so much to see in this humble and serene little island.
I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Best regards,

701 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Thai first
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

AMAZING!!! We came here for the final 4 days of our honeymoon to relax after all the tours, sightseeing and water sports in Phuket. Our welcome was fantastic! We had the friendliest butler (also known as the Guest Experience Maker GEM) named Nish. He made us comfortable and we were well looked after.

It's quite expensive to stay here but the villas are just amazing. We stayed 3 nights in the Hideaway Villa which was like a jungle experience. It was very nice but my only issue was the bathroom was too much of an outdoor experience and didn't enjoy the dragon fly, gecko and wasp visitng me as i was trying to use the bathroom. Outdoor shower was amazing though! Also this villa has more privacy. You can walk around naked the whole time.

We stayed one night in the Ocean View Beachfront Villa and that was out of this world. We had beautiful views of the archaepalegos and the ocean. We caught sunset too when we woke up. This room was much better b/c the bathroom was fully enclosed like the bedroom was, so no little creatures to be scared of. You have to be a bit more careful walking around nude here b/c you can be seen from the beach if boats pass by.

Nothing beats the view at the Hilltop. Out of this world and much better than the picutres! you have to see it yourself.

Food was great but more expensive than in Phuket. For e.g. Pad thai seafood 120 Bhat in PHuket but on the resort it was 660 Bhat.
Massages and day spa treatments also much more expensive so I only had two treatments.

Very peaceful atmoshpere overall.

Oh and the free homemade icecream and cookies were awesome!!!
Service just amazing.
Love the little carts that drove us around and the twice daily room service.

Hihgly recommended for R&R or honeymoons.
Wouldnt' recommend for families b/c i heard some kids complaining of being bored.

Room Tip: Ocean view room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
manishpuri, General Manager at Six Senses Yao Noi, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for the feedback and I"m so glad that you enjoyed the overall experience. Thank you for recognizing Nich, you GEM (guest experience maker).
Best regards and look forward to your return.

Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This still remains our favorite property in the world and we are surprised every time by how few Americans travel this far. The level of service, detail, relaxation, and seclusion are unparalleled. The 30+ flavors of complimentary ice cream don't hurt either :)

The privacy of the villas coupled with the serene night sky is an ideal sanctuary for executives. With the exception of the Como properties, which are a similar flavor, we have not encountered anything similar to SS Yao Noi.

This time, we also enjoyed the spa, which was spectacular, and spent more time at the water sports arena. Both were spectacular.

There is no place like it and it is worth the 30+ hour journey! We cannot wait to return next year.

Room Tip: Spring for a room with a view of the limestones.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ManishPuri, General Manager at Six Senses Yao Noi, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for the lovely feedback and it is always a pleasure to have returning guests. Though a long haul for Americans we have more and more coming and staying with us. The resort has the energy to relax you straight away and remove the stress from traveling instantly.
I look forward to your return.

Best regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Yes.. as you have probably noticed.. this resort is BIG $$$.. I researched other hotels in Asia and can confirm that this is one of THE most expensive resorts in the region. I found only one other hotel that consistently charges more. and that's one of the 4 Seasons in the Maldives. Aha.. I know that the hotel manager who reads this review will say that not all villas are pricey here.. yesssss but guess what? Who comes to stay on a beautiful island with a view of the jungle?? Everyone (who isn't a stinge bag) will go for the view.. and what a view it is too!!

So is it worth paying well over 2000 bucks for an Ocean View Panorama Villa (where we stayed)? Answer is YESSSSS!! Read on and I will tell you why in detail....

Basically, this is one of the TOP resorts that I have stayed in in the world! Now before you say that I don't know much about luxury, please bear in mind that I have stayed in nearly every Aman, and I have probably been in more than 70% of Leading Hotels of the World beach resorts. So yes I know what I am talking about. And this place is simply superb!

Before I arrived, I was hesitant. This is an "eco resort".. and though I don't burn wood on my terrace every day, I also don't demonstrate against people with cars that burn holes through the atmosphere (note my car in my picture isn't carbon friendly!). I just believe in having the best and "eco" doesn't necessarily imply luxury. I mean just look at the photos of the wood in your villa.. most of it looks like it has been cut by Tarzan.. not by a skilled craftsman.. but reality is that you CAN have ECO LUXURY. The pictures on the website understate the resort. Once you arrive you will be surrounded by beauty, not just in terms of the stunning scenery, but also in terms of your accommodation.

The villas are divine. With or without a private pool, everything has been so cleverly thought-out from the layout to the amenities. Nothing is forgotten or left to chance and everything is where it should be. For instance, you have a huge oval pool with doors that open up to soak in the pretty little islands floating in the near distance. And the outdoor shower is divine.. there aren't just 1 but 2 showers so you and your partner can chat and shower at the same time (and do whatever else you do when you shower!). What was also amazing was that there were almost NO bugs in our villa and mosquitoes were a rarity.. apparently the resort sprays anti-mossie stuff to ward off potential carriers of dengue and malaria so you will probably never have a bite throughout your stay.. amazing stuff!

As for the rest of the resort, it is very well put-together and laid out, much like your villa. I see that some reviewers complain that the beach is small and cramped. I mean.. come on.. stop wingeing!! The beach is totally adequate for the number of guests who stay here.. just get down early in the morning to plonk down your towel on the best beach chairs (be German!). The sand is soft and the water is clear. Only thing I would complain about is the floating pontoon which has some exposed nails and bits of wood.. I think that they took the Robinson Crusoe theme a bit too far with this.. Oh, and they also show free movies on the beach every night.. but please please put on some more recent movies.. even Robinson Crusoe would prefer to watch Julia Roberts rather than Rock Hudson.......

The food and drinks in this resort is downright pricey. It's not that amazing nor authentic so load up on breakfast which is pretty ample. Also, I would strongly recommend you go out of the hotel and visit the island. It's incredibly pretty and unspoilt, a bit like Phuket 20 years ago (now destroyed by Aussie mass market tourists and sex travelers, sadly..). This resort doesn't seem to encourage you to leave but check out the town. In particular go eat at one of the several seafood restaurants which are perched over the sea.. there is one called Beautiful View (or something like that) which has live lobsters and ice cold beers.. magical when you watch the sunset.......

Lastly (but far from least) the service deserves a bit mention. Like most things in this resort, it is close to perfection! A big thank you and congratulation to our guest services concierge Khun Kawee! He was dedicated to the point of devotion! Like all of the staff, he was always respectful and applied a good sense of intelligence to servicing our needs and preferences. The Indian manager is also a friendly chap as is also the Argentinian Assistant manager. All in all, this is a great team and is a perfect example to other 6 star hotels! The only shortcoming was the airport staff who weren't trained properly.. take some lessons from Aman and this can easily be fixed..

So..... get a higher-paid job, sell some Apple shares, or even beg for a larger payout from your trust fund... just do whatever you need to do to pay the big bucks to stay at Six Senses Yao Noi.. it's TOTALLY worth it - you will come home broke but with the biggest smile etched into your face!! :-)

Room Tip: Don't be a tight wad and try to save the pennies by staying in a Jungle View Villa.. pay up and...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We've just spent 4 blissful days at the Six Senses with our 2 children aged 3 and 6. All of the glowing reviews here are spot on. Everything about the experience was faultless. Without a shadow of a doubt it's the best hotel I've ever stayed in and well worth splashing out on if you can. The attention to detail throughout is impressive, the staff are lovely, clearly brilliantly managed and motivated, the rooms are jaw-dropping (at least our ocean panoramic view villa was), the beaches are small but beautiful, the pool is fantastic and the food is very good (we ate in the living room most of the time as it was most child friendly). From a family point of view, it's very child friendly, but I wouldn't say it's a family focused resort (and is all the better for it). If we can find another reason to justify the spend (it was my 40th birthday celebration), we'll be back.

• Stayed February 2013
Boonton, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

So this is our second stay a a Six Sense. Last year we stayed at the Ninh Van Bay in Vietnam and were blown away and fully bough into Eco Luxury. So after this amazing stay - we decided to book Yao Noi. Each of the preceding write-ups more than adequately sum up the accolades. What I want to point out is - the desparate need for management coordination between the GEM's, staff and guests. We booked a 2 bedroom villa as we brought our two kids with us. Fully prepared to entertain them in our own space - we found out only through the Chef on the last night - that there were daily activities for kids. Our GEM never told us about the cooking classes, pizza making, etc that our kids could have engaged in. Now this is a small nit - but still interesting - this is the first resort I have ever stayed at that has no Happy Hour? Now I realize that this is the type of place that the guests melt into the surroundings - but besides the weekly management mixer (which was excellent) - there is little to pull the guest together to create a buzz? We met numerous nice couples and families at Ninh Van Bay Happy Hours. As stated in another review - our GEM was sweet - but not much beyond reservations. Our Butler in NVB was all over our family - ensuring we were over-satisfied and informed of the daily to do's!

Don't get me wrong - Six Senses is the first resort that I can actually feel relaxed within hours of arrival - its pricey....but membership has its priveledges.

Room Tip: Don't overlook the 2 bedroom pool hideaway villas - ours # 6 - was just excellent.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed in one of the Sea View villas for 8 nights at the end of our honeymoon in January as a chill out.
THIS PLACE IS AMAZING!!! We've been to some lovely places before but this resort exceeded our expectations. A little pricey yes, but sooooo worth it.
Top memories 1) my husbands face when he first saw the view from a) our room b) the rooftop terrace - without doubt the most beautiful setting ever 2) the speed boat ride to the island watching the sun gone down 3) watching the man with the golden gun bond film on the big screen on the beach at night 4) pre dinner drinks in the den listening to the frogs natter to each other 5) the ice cream, the curries, the breakfasts !! 6) the tandem bike hire :0) 7) the spa - wow
Our butler Aam really made our holiday and showed the right mix of being there when we needed him whilst giving us space.
I wasnt sure how i would get on with the rustic Eco appeal but loved how well done this was. Luxury but natural - we had a friendly mouse who would poo in the same place on our bathroom floor every night, a big lizard who was partial to the outdoor shower and a ghekko who liked to join us for a beer and board game. I never thought I'd be sharing my honeymoon with a mouse but wouldn't have swapped it for the world - all added to the experience ! Will we return absolutely. The only downside was when my hubby got a bit mixed up with exchange rates and booked us on a boat trip to Phi Phi and snorkelling thinking it was £52 and it was £520 - expensive (but we found a lovely couple to share it with!!)

Room Tip: High up for the view - splurge on a sea view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Six Senses Yao Noi? Share your experiences!