“Six Senses Yao Noi, our second home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Six Senses Yao Noi

You added Six Senses Yao Noi to your Saves list
Six Senses Yao Noi
5.0 of 5 Villa   |   56 Moo 5 Tambol Koh Yao Noi, Ko Yao Noi 82160, Thailand   |
Special Offer
Six Senses Summer Package
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Six Senses Yao Noi, our second home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

Six Senses Yao Noi is THE PLACE TO BE for those one who think and act ethically, ecologically with all respect for the nature. The simple things are making the Six Senses Yao Noi such a wonderful place to be. For the people working there, maintaining the ecological balance is a priority and the result of green living. We really appreciate that, guys keep going because you are on the right way!
The 9 days we have been there we really felt like at home, the kindness of the staff and the natural beauty of the island makes Six Senses Yao Noi a ''hidden'' paradise on Earth.
The beauty, serenity and simplicity of this resort is the definition of luxury our days.
We are looking forward to come back home ;-)

Room Tip: For those who want to take advantage of the magnificent view the sea view and panoramic sea view roo...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

I found this place by accident while looking for a place to stay in Phuket. I'm glad I came across it.

The journey began when we arrived at Phuket airport and the hotel rep was there to greet us and escort us to a waiting minivan. To get to Koh Yao Noi it was necessary to go to the marina then take a speedboat - this was all included in the room rate.

A 40 minute speedboat trip later and we were there and greeted by the staff, including the GEM (guest experience manager). Ours was a very cheery young girl called Joy. It was the task for Joy to look after us and help organise activities.

After checking in we were driven to the villa. The resort has been carefully implanted into a tropical island and, as it spans a large area, buggies are provided to get around.

The villa itself was really nice. Large air conditioned bedroom with TV, proper high speed internet (fast - not what I expected considering the location) and big, comfortable bed.

A slightly unusual but pleasant feature is that there was an outdoor shower and the washing and changing area was also open to the outside. My concern initially was getting bitten to death by mozzies when cleaning my teeth at night, but the housekeeping crew lit coils at night to keep them at bay. As it happens, there seemed to be hardly any mosquitoes around the place anyway.

Dining facilities were very good with high quality Italian and Thai food available. Surprisingly for a small resort, breakfast was very comprehensive. Apart from the usual eggs and bacon there was dim sum and other oriental food, and plenty of fruit, yoghurt, juices, pastries and ice cream. Ingredients were very high quality and the fruits, ice cream and pastries were served in air conditioned rooms.

Most days when we were there were spent lounging by or in the pool at the "hilltop reserve." There you can find a big infinity pool with a fantastic view. Unfortunately, the pool was not available on the last day as the adjoining villas were to be occupied. We had to make do with the small beach which was nice but not with the facilities.

If I were to pick faults I would say the drinks and spa were expensive and that another big pool for use by the guests is needed.

We went to the Six Senses for total relaxation and I think we succeeded. I can safely say it is a very high quality destination.

Room Tip: a room with an ocean view would be nice
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

My wife and I went here... absolutely stunning!
(wife and resort)

In order:
fantastic setting, lovely welcome (lots of apologies for not having our golf buggy ready due to an unannounced private boat arrival that took our butler away (what?!)), amazing villa that was very private, excellent service, good food, good thai massage, good enough gym, brilliant views from hilltop pool and great service throughout. That's it!

I have looked over past reviews and my assessment of the criticisms:
- charging for water in the restaurants: let it go! ...everyone agrees that charging for water in the restaurants and that having to dine in the on-site restaurants is a money-making scheme, but seriously, what do you expect?! If you choose to go here, you are choosing to spend a lot of money - you can't then complain when they charge it!
- communication problems/inattentive butler: we also found this to a certain extent, but actually this feeling only developed over the course of our stay and I think became inappropriately exaggerated by the sense of entitlement we developed precisely because of the outrageously good service. The level of service was consistent, it's just that our expectations rose to ridiculous heights by the time we left! Seriously, if your golf buggy takes 15 minutes longer than expected to take you to a place 200m away and for which you have no appointed time to be, you might just want to take a look at yourself.

As you can see, I think this place was brilliant! Just writing this review makes me feel depressed that I have to go to work tomorrow... sigh!

The most annoying thing: 'resort time'. I found the concept of moving the clocks forward by an hour ridiculous. (Did I mention I developed a sense of entitlement while there?) I suspect my reaction is just because it took me back to my childhood and the feeling that someone was trying to dupe me into going to bed early.

Room Tip: villas 21,22, 24, 33 didn't seem as secluded as ours (32). That's as far as I got.. didn...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

To be totally honest, saddly I haven't yet slept on this paradisiac island. I've just stayed a couple of hours visiting the premises, the rooms, the restaurant, and the Hilltop Bar. I've travelled a lot, saw magnificient things on earth... but god, the view you fine here is just the best I've ever seen.
For sure I will stay at this hotel a few nights when I return to Phuket.
I can also say that everything thing seems perfect, if you like the Six Senses/Soneva concept. Very close to Nature, architecture melt with the surrounding. And of course a lot of people to please all your need. Everyone where very nice and efficient during our visit... This is why I would easyly advise this address my eye closed.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

In our mind, this place cant be compared to something else. Everything is 100% here! The food, the service, the environment. We spent our honeymoon here and our best wishes was fulfilled and more. This is a place were you really can find your inner peace. Calm and quiet everywhere though there is several options of excursion and ways to activate if one like. I have never experienced such a genuine staff that really cares about you. I would recommend anybode to visit for a shorter or longer period.

• Stayed December 2011
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

We spent seven nights here and loved almost every minute. We had one small issue on one of the buffet nights which was resolved impeccably by the Executive Chef. We would agree with some other comments on the incongruous water charging when so may other thoughtful extras are complementary (boats, bikes and best ice cream ever included in this) why not just add the water cost to the room rate - it wouldn't be noticed that way and would remove the un-necessary ill feeling seen in some of the reviews.
Our evening at the Chef's table was a real highlight, probably only just outdone by the breathtaking view - just couldn't stop looking at it. Our only concern is how our honeymoon next year in Costa Rica can compete!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

This probably ranks as one of my top 10 stays around the world in terms of the quality of service and resort that I experienced. Of course the Guest Experience Manager/Butler for each room helped but Khum Vish (my GEM) displayed a much higher standard that I have experienced elsewhere with butlers - I have had butlers from Ritz, leading hotels, etc but none come close to the general level of the ones here. They take care of everything!

The positives:
- I have mentioned the service but I cannot mention it enough. I spent 3 nights here and another 3 at another resort and the difference was so stark. Everyone seemed to be in a state of nirvana and seemed genuinely happy - not the fake smiles you see at some hotels

- The rooms are very secluded and hidden away allowing for privacy. The doors to the bath could be open and no one would see you bathing unless they actually climbed, hiked, crawled - in other words make special effort

- The individual rooms come with their own veranda, courtyard, pool, outdoor bath and of course the bedroom. This place was easily 20-30x the size of my uni dorm many years ago - and all done up in a tasteful six senses resort style

- Food quality was pretty good. I usually am sceptical about food quality in a good hotels but the general quality at the restaurants was pretty good - authentic - i could ask the cook to add more spice or make it more local flavour (not touristy) to the point of directing the cooking!

- The views.... sigh - enough said

- The spa - one of the better ones i have seen. they even have someone who did celebrities

- Little things - too many to list. there are nice touches here and there which make the overall experience much nicer. eg. there is the ice cream parlour where i took a leisurely walk to every afternoon for my free load of home made ice cream in loads of flavours including local ones. the swing beds at the restaurants for lazying around. you could go entire day in the resort without seeing any other guests! The organic gardens where the workers work on. The waterfall running through and underneath the glass floor of the restaurant!

The negatives:
Hard to list many but here is an attempt.
- Price- you pay for what you get!
- You could not really get to any place you want without calling your butler to come round in a buggy to fetch you.
- Lack of an extensive beach - you could walk through the mangrove sanctury to get to the next resort's beach or settle for the small stretch in front of six senses
- distance from airport - door to door, you are looking at hour plus travel using a car, a speedboat and a buggy and that is if the timing of the boat suits your arrival - but then again, that is the price for the seclusion!
- Some rooms are close to the tracks and you could have the constant noise of buggies and motorbikes throughout the day

All in all, no effort spared in making this resort a great one!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea facing room and preferably closer to the restaurants. The view of phang nga bay is lov...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Six Senses Yao Noi? Share your experiences!