“excellent, very friendy nice experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 13 Attractions in Ko Yao Noi
Type: Classes/Workshops, Classes
“excellent, very friendy nice experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Mina is excelent cook, she teach as realy good and helthy Thai food from fresh ingredients. Speaks very good English, and very friendly. Who likes a Thailand and thai food have to go there.
Thanks Mina for your care.

Visited January 2013

Somerset West, South Africa
5 attraction reviews
“Learn to cook like the Thai people do.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Our entire family did a lesson/demo with Mina, every single one of us enjoyed the experience. These classes are not held in some purpose built show kitchen but in Mina's own very well equipped kitchen. We did sweet and sour fish, massaman curry, bbq beef salad and sticky rice and mango pudding. The value for me in it was that the techniques and produce used were very well demonstrated and explained. Our Son's loved watching Mina's boy playing in the garden with his friends. This almost felt like spending time with a good old friend in her kitchen. I can reccomend this to anyone even non foodies.

London
13 attraction reviews
“Best Thai food and fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

If you've come to this idyllic island to relax and eat amazing Thai food as well as learn about local culture then this is an absolute "must" do! Mina will teach you about truly fresh ingredients (fresh coconut milk and cream not from a can) and how to cook some of the finest authentic dishes and even give you some of her best recipes. She will let you in on some secrets to great cooking as well! Mina is not only an excellent cook and teacher but a lovely person as well. I highly recommend this also with children. Very reasonably prices considering the high standard of the activity and most likely your best meal in Thailand! Definitely book ahead on the website - Karin is very organised and will arrange transport (included in price).

Hong Kong, China
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent cooking class, I will go back again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I love Mina's cooking class especially the yellow curry and the dessert, sticky glutinous brown rice ... mhhhhh..... She is so friendly, very patient, passionate and we became friends .... one day we met her in the street and we got talking and she invited us to her home to eat with her ! I will definitely go back to Mina's Cooking class to learn more about Thai cooking. Thanks Mina.

Sydney, Australia
“best fish cakes on the island!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I booked a private class for my mother and I (because we were a bit fussy about what we cooked). This was the best solution for us and and we had a lovely time cooking with Mina. The fish cakes were absolutely outstanding. We later tried the fish cakes at a resort and a restaurant on the island and they bordered on inedible compared with Mina's. Mina's fish cakes were so light and bursting with flavour they did not need sauce. They were far better than any rubbery fishcake I've tried in Australia. We also made a yellow curry paste from scratch, sweet and sour stirfry, eggplant salad and sticky rice, which were all outstanding. It was amazing. I can highly recommend Mina's cooking class for anyone interested in a learning a few Thai tricks, and especially to people who want to know more about how to use Thai ingredients, or common foods like cucumber in different ways. In fact, I would recommend staying overnight on Ko Yao Noi just to do one of Mina's classes. I am sure it would be a better experience than anything on the mainland. Thank you Mina. Melita and Janet

Visited October 2012