“awesome crabs” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 16 Restaurants in Ko Yao Noi
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai, Vegetarian, International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Chan restaurant is located between Six Senses Yao Noi Hotel and Koh Yao Island Resort Hotel. Chan is the owner of Thailand. With over 30 years experience in cooking, and in Germany for 15 years, can speak English, German and Thai. We are serving Thai food, seafood, vegetarian and international. Open daily 12.00 pm. - 11.00 pm. Four days off a month early.
Singapore, Singapore
“awesome crabs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

we got to know of chan through the recommendation of some of the kind folks at villaguna. getting there after cycling through torrents of rain, we were mildly unimpressed by the looks of the place (to say the least - but do not be put off by this).

our doubts were eased once we bit into the crabs we ordered. this being our fourth crab meal in 3 days in phuket, we werent exactly new or unfamiliar with the dish. the freshness of the seafood ensured that the 2 crabs we ordered soon became 6.

(not sure if its a one-off awesome day for the chef), but if i ever visit koh yao noi again, this is the very first restaurant i will look for. delicious stuff. definitely recommended.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
naded, Owner at Chan Restaurant, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We welcome and glad you like our food. Our seafood comes from Koh Yao Noi. Every day we have fresh seafood. When you are planning to come to Koh Yao Noi again. We are happy to serve Stir-fried crab with curry marinated again.

Best Regards,

Weera Khammongkol

Zurich, Switzerland
“The real Thai food in Koh Yao Noi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I eat at P.Chan's regularly when I am on holiday on Koh Yao Noi. She always remembers how I like my Tom Yam Gung Soup and is even able to speak high german with me due to her stay in Germany in her past. Also highly recomended is the Pla sutchi and her glass noodle salad! Make sure to go early since it can get crowded from 18.30 on.

When she has time she always pays special attention to my 2 year old boy which makes it a pleasure for my husband and myself to enjoy our meal!

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
naded, Owner at Chan Restaurant, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoy our food. And when you come back to Koh Yao Noi. We will meet again. Kabi like is Fish curry we always remember.

Best regards,

weera khammongkol
Frankfurt, Germany
“Fantastic Thai food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I disagree with the previous comment. Chan is a restaurant, but a Thai one and the fact that a lot of the staff from the Six Senses eat there is kind of the best recommendation it could get. I myself loved the food there, it was only bettered (for me) by what you can get at Rice Paddy.

In terms of prices, it doesn;t matter where you go in Thailand more often than not there is a price the Thais pay and a higher price that Westerners pay. When you look at what you pay in London, it really doesn't compare!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
naded, Owner at Chan Restaurant, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thank you for your advice. We are glad you enjoyed our food. I hope when you come back to Koh Yao Noi again. We will find you. And to serve you again.

Best Regards,

Weerea Khammongkol
Brussels, Belgium
“not a restaurant, a staff canteen”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I was very upset to pay full price (almost 9 euro) for a dish that all the staff just had before eating in front of me. I probably had the rest and they have charged me.

Visited June 2012