“A wonderful experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Island Yoga

Island Yoga
Ulmar's Nature Lodge | 4/10 Moo 4, Tha Khao, Koh Yao Noi, Ko Yao Noi 82160, Thailand
+66 87 387 9475
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Island Yoga is a yoga retreat centre on peaceful Koh Yao Noi in Phangna Bay in Southern Thailand. We offer yoga retreats lasting anywhere from 4 days to several weeks, starting at any time during the season with our unique 'rolling retreats' concept. Island Yoga teachers provide classes based on Hatha, Vinyasa and Yin yoga for Asana (physical poses), Pranayama (breathing techniques) and meditation. Weekly workshops are also available as well as drop in yoga during peak season. We also use the outdoors as an environment in which to expand our the spiritual experience with rock climbing, kayaking and other outdoor activity trips on a weekly basis. Island Yoga is the perfect escape from the more touristy, busy parts of Thailand.
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“A wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

The yoga classes were great as each teacher offered a slightly different approach. The food was excellent and the people I met inspired me. Rock climbing offered an incredible escape from my distracted mind and proved a possible new passion. The beach is rocky underneath but a very short bike ride away there is a smoother one. The bungalow I had was fine. The bed is hard, but some people like that. If you don't, you can ask for an extra blanket to create padding.
If you are open to relax and/or energize and not looking for a luxury spa per se and willing to go deeper, you can have a very special experience. I would return and encourage those looking for quiet, face-time human connection and inspiration to try Island Yoga.

Visited February 2014

Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“An escape to paradise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Island yoga: thank you!
My friend and I did the 8 day/7 night retreat, and ended up extending to 11 days!
The yoga was excellent & I really enjoyed practicing twice daily (although initially it was hard work as I hadn't done much yoga for a while!). January was really busy so the yoga studio was rather packed - hopefully they'll build a bigger one soon!
The accommodation was decent enough, but when we extended our stay we had to be moved to the neighbouring resort (Seaview), and this was a win as the bungalow was nicer, bigger, with more storage units, and a beach front verandah! I'd stay there again instead of the Nature Lodge.
Ning (the Nature Lodge owner) was wonderful, and extremely helpful and always had a smile for us.
Breakfast is included and was great and abundant!
The beach by the resort is not the best in the world, but the island is so quiet & beautiful it didn't matter. Scooters are cheap to hire & the island easy to get around and explore.
The kayaking trip was disappointing, the tide was too low to really get into the mangroves. I'd make sure it's high tide if I decided to go again.
I'd definitely return to Island Yoga, next time for longer too! Loved it :)

Visited January 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Great yoga retreat, I loved the island as well. As a male beginner to yoga I felt very welcome and I made a lot of good friends. I improved a lot over two weeks and was able to experience the kayaking and rock climbing twice, both of which were amazing. This retreat seems to attract mostly great people, so when you're not doing yoga you can explore the island or eat delicious thai food on the beach with new friends. I felt very inspired by Jake and Kristy, very friendly and interesting people who were passionate and always ready to help. Cerah's Yin classes were excellent with plenty of philosophy that really got me thinking

Visited December 2013
Perth, Australia
16 attraction reviews
“Enjoyed my drop in class”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

did two class of drop in. truly enjoyed it. the island is very quiet place. recommended. I definitely feel the difference after just 2 days. Think of return one day.

Visited December 2013
Bern, Switzerland
“Paradise found”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

We spent a week (and planned to stay less) - a beautiful, peaceful place - simple, as the yogic lifestyle suggests. Very warm welcome, smiling faces, you you feel the energy of this place and of the teachers. Different yoga styles are taught - in our case dynamic morning classes (vinyasa/asthanga) and relaxing afternoon classes (hatha/vinyasa) - both by very inspiring teachers. Other activities to do (loved them all): rock climbing, getting a mountain bike and going around the island, kayaking, beach walks and much more. Hope to be back! OM Shanti

Visited November 2013