“Nice place to experience Thai Boxing” 4 of 5 stars

+66 84 746 3861
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: KYN Muay Thai Gym is located on the beautiful paradise island of Koh Yao Noi, just half an hour by speedboat from Phuket or Krabi in the Andaman region of Southern Thailand. KYN Muay Thai Gym offers professional Muay Thai training with our head trainer, Thailand superstar Hlukhin, a 10 times boxing and Muay Thai champion. Hlukhin and his team of trainers are all very talented and dedicated professionals and provide our students with intense, genuine Thai- style training. Our classes are small and individual attention is guaranteed.
Shanghai, China
“Nice place to experience Thai Boxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

A former competitor now runs this boxing place and you can go at sunset to enjoy a drink.. while the boxers are working out hard.

Visited May 2013

Sydney, Australia
“one on ones”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We did a walk in with two instructors who did one on one training with us. Both very good instructors who had the patience to coach people with little to no training in the sport. Very fair price for the time spent with us.

Visited May 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“I won't go again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

maybe this is a good place as boxing gyms go, but i won't be going back, as I have discovered that i don't like boxing at all

Visited January 2013
København, Danmark
40 attraction reviews
“Great place to lose weight - and great food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Did a couple of weeks training with my girlfriend and two friends. The training is very intense - with two sessions per day. You will definately lose weight if you put the effort into it. It is probably also easier to get dedicated as there is not much else to do on the island.

What I was missing was a general introduction to Muay Thai - and how the different kicks, blocks, hits etc. were to be performed. Also the intro would be a great way to tell some of the more eager students not to put too much power into the hits and kicks when sparring.
The classes (and/or students) could be split into hardcore full contact and more casual fitness minded groups.

The trainers are very knowledgeable and make you give it all you have got. However it was a bit difficult to understand them as their English is very limited.

It would also be great if the place had more equipment to borrow - or even have some stuff available you could buy.

The associated restaurant serves great breakfast, lunch and dinner at great prices - and the pool by the hotel is very nice.

Visited February 2013
Pensacola, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Simply the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This place is great. I've trained for about 5 years at several different gyms, and this was the best Muay Thai training experience that I've ever had.

I stayed here for two weeks in 2011 with my wife during our vacation to S.E. Asia. At that time, I'd had several years of experience with Kickboxing while my wife had trained only a few times. The workouts at KYN were intense, and after the first day I actually wasn't sure if I'd be able to make it the entire two weeks that wer were staying there. However, after a few sessions your body will adjust. Hluckin is an outstanding trainer. His accent is a little thick which made understanding him a bit difficult at times, but my ears adjusted to that as my body adjusted to the workouts. He is very strict on form, and while his demand for perfection can be frustrating at times, your technique will improve in such a short amount of time.

One of the really great things about KYN is that the trainers were very accomadating for students with different skill sets. During the short time that we were training, there were very experienced students as well as first time students. Hlucklin and his staff met each of us at our level and worked with us, and I never felt overwhelmed.

I really enjoyed the food. There is a kitchen next to the gym, and I thought that the cooking staff were friendly and outstanding.

Before I rave too much about KYN, I should help to set the reader's expectation level. The gym is not huge, and while I never felt like we didn't have enough room, depending on where you are used to training it may be small. Also, while the accommodations were sufficient they were by no means luxurious. The rooms were clean and had enough space/storage, but they certainly were not five star material.

In conclusion, I loved this place. The training was outstanding, the food exceptional, and the scenery was beautiful. I had an amazing time training at KYN.

Visited March 2012