“Quaint getaway...Can do better !!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Orchard, The Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Thane
Orchard, The Resort
You added Orchard, The Resort to your Saves list
Bordi Road, Thane, India   |
Ranked #2 of 39 Thane B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Quaint getaway...Can do better !!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2015

We know the people who run the resort, so I may be biased. But being nuetral, I can safely say, its a lovely property with a nice big lawnn in front of the cottage rooms which are large rooms by the way. The Building rooms are also decent sized but the Cottage rooms are much better ( Ask for the double bath tub room ...there is only one ). Pool is small but clean and well maintained. Infant pool also next to it. Maintenance overall needs improvement, pool toilets are dirty and areas around the main bldg are not clean. Rooms are old and though hygiene is very good, maintenance needs to improve ( Broken handles, torn curtains, no hand towels ?, leaking taps ). The food is good...Famous Crazy Crabs restaurant, but sometimes a hit and miss. Have reviewed it seperately. To be fair we went on 30, 31st Dec and the place had a large DJ Party with outsiders invited as well, but was managed extremely well. Owners ensured personally that security was good and everyone was well looked after. But The hotel otherwise needs better looking after. Service is with smiles and the staff and Managers aim to please. The beach is 2 km away...we didnt go though. Very cold at night...didnt even use the fans...leave alone the A/Cs. 15deg on 31st Dec. Very green surroundings. Would love to go again when it isnt crowded and experience the hospitality. Super place for a weekend break. Drive down 2-3 kms to find empty, clean and private beach stretches for some fun !

Room Tip: Cottage rooms preferred.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2014

The property is quite good and spacious, but the overall cleanliness can improve. I stayed in the premium rooms and they were averagely maintained. Even though one cannot call it shabby, but cleanliness can definitely be improved. The room is spacious and the bathrooms were clean. The fittings do show a sign of hard water stains, but they were not unclean. The property has a swimming pool which is cleaned by running the filter daily. But this is spoiled by the visitors by taking a dip in regular clothes which surprisingly the management allows. The restaurant is also good and the food is quite good. It's not very cheap but one cannot call it exorbitant. It's priced like a Mumbai restaurant. The property has no other activities apart from the pool and there's nothing to do in the town except visit the beach for a couple of hours. It's good for a 1N stay if you are with a large group. We found a good veg place which has opened up in front of the beach where the food was excellent. The famous Shiv panipuri wala is also along the same beach road if you keep going north.

Room Tip: The premium rooms are very spacious for a family with kid. The deluxe rooms are smaller and the supe...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2014

I went to Dahanu during the monsoons. When we had this place booked, this place was awesome ly priced for the Seasoned rates across mmumbai get aways. we had both the avilable kind off rooms booked. The rooms were clean, room service were brilliant, food @ the crazy crab restaurant was excellent. We were a group of 12 ppl and the the hotel staff was cooperative in the best possible manner. Decent Pool, awesome view, great location.

Would recomend as a brilliant getaway from Mumbai.

Room Tip: The Premium Rooms are a great stay for couples while the A/C Deluxe are good if just friends want to...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

When my mother talked about the place I was like what the hell dahanu u want to go for an weekend small town and all I was like what mumma but as she is mumma so had to listen to her and went to dahanu and online booked this orchard resort only on the bases that it name sounded good ..and went to dahanu and this hotel with no expectations at all...and guess what happened my perception changed totally the day I was paying the bill and signing off from the place I was like omg...the hotel staff and the owner accepted us with open arms respected us like anything and above all valued us, it actually felt like it was my second home away from my home and from waiters too watchmen to the resort owner was like family ...anyways coming to the point room service to the service at the dinning table was unbeliveably great..food was like better then most of the good places i visited in mumbai..rooms felt like wow wow and wow ...and the location of the resort mindblowing ...secondly right opposite to the resort theres a beautiful beach which is like iceing on the cake ..the warmth and the love we god from the place it cant be discribed..I went to dahanu with an attitude that kya hotel hoga kya dahanu hoga but more then dahanu I was in the hotel it didnt feel like going anywhere exceptbe there its such an amazing experince thanku everyone from the watchmen to the waiters to thr owners to treat us like there family with amazing food rooms surroundings in the resort just beautiful

• Stayed July 2014
Vapi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

My family and I stayed at the Orchard Resort last week and I must say, we were impressed.The food was great, service prompt, rooms and bathrooms clean.I have a small child,so all his needs for milk and meals were also very well taken care of by the staff.Overall it was a lovely experience and we look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed June 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

am a gr8 fan of sea sand and fish but unfortunately there was only fish ( limited) the sea was too far and once i reached the beach the sand was dirty !
the resort was lovely but i will stop at that as the rooms were unkept , shabbily made beds and the linen and towels were pathetic!
the gardens were beautiful and well kept
swimming pool was like a new bride she could be used only on request!
we stayed in the deluxe room which was too small
average stay

Room Tip: ask for bigger and brighter rooms which are on the first floor
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This is my first review on TA because I couldn't not write about this horribly maintained hotel.

It's beautifully designed but it's full of pests. Starting with ants, cockroaches, spider webs, lizards/chameleons and worst of all rats in the rooms!

When asked for a rat trap, we were told to not be silly and think of what a small rat could do to us. The staff started arguing about how we're being unreasonable. We finally got a room change. They said they'd cleaned the room.

The room was lovely but they hadn't cleaned it. It had dirty ear buds, more ants, more cockroaches and the highlight - a dead rat in the shower being attacked by some more ants. This room had beetles too.

The swimming pool is filthy! The water is not clean and the pool tiles are slimy.

Crazy crab was a restaurant we were looking forward to but they didn't have any crabs. We pre ordered crabs for dinner, that was the best part of the trip. Food was good.

I will never come back to this place again. I chose this basis the reviews on trip advisor and I'm so surprised at my experience being so contrary to the reviews written here.

The hotel is filthy! Not looked after at all which is sad for a property that was beautifully designed.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Orchard, The Resort? Share your experiences!