“A Mixed Bag” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Lindsay

Knights Inn Lindsay
You added Knights Inn Lindsay to your Saves list
Knights Inn Lindsay
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2862 Highway 35 South, Lindsay, Kawartha Lakes, Ontario K9V 4R4, Canada (Formerly Kawartha Lakes Inn)   |
Special Offer
CLICK HERE FOR BEST RATE
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Lindsay
Belleville, Ontario
“A Mixed Bag”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Although the room (which was the honeymoon suite with a section cordoned off) was surprisingly nice and quite comfortable, being locked in the room was not pleasant nor was the "continental" breakfast of stale cereal and random bagels (once we found out where it was). We decided to pass on that.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Haileybury
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2014

This hotel does not show well from the road but more than makes up for it with the owners great service. Our room was clean and fresh The owner went beyond helpful and gracious. Breakfast was plain and simple but really appreciated. The beautiful displays of flowers about the yard shows a true talent in floral design. I met a young couple trying very hard to make their hotel into a modern and welcoming stop on the road.
A comment though. I think if the trucks in the yard could be moved more to the side and the signage made more visible, this would be a hotel to be reckoned with. I will stay here again and tell my friends.

Room Tip: Do not be scared off because it looks older. This is a good hotel.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Hamilton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

This hotel needs a major overhaul. The property needs new carpets, a lot of paint and tender loving care. It is located in an industrial area with trucks on the property. The weeds were high and the overall property looked neglected. We did not stay. We don't know how it could pass the standards of the Wyndham chain! The motel office was not even inviting -- the smell. The office furniture was second hand.

Room Tip: Go some where else
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Lindsay hotels

ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We pulled up to hotel and my first thought was no way I am not staying here the hotel looked like a junk yard I went in to ask if I could see the room first and the owner was rude and said to me does it make a difference if I saw the room and I said yes because if the inside looked as bad as the out I would have walked away but knowing there were no other place to stay I sucked it up because the bed looked clean. The coffee maker,microwave did not work,air conditioner which looked disgusting made such a loud noise you couldn't have it on.most of hotel rooms were taken by road workers who came in late and stood outside of their rooms smoking and drinking until after 2 am.There was no insulation between the rooms as you were woke up at 4:30 in the morning from the room above as they got ready for work. There were many things plugged in to one outlet which was not properly secured to the wall a big fire hazard.I was never so happy to see the morning come so we could get out of there.I could not believe I had to pay $115.00 for that. The worst money I have ever spent.

• Stayed August 2014
dwight, ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary last month at this venue again, we were given the honeymoon suite and it was gorgeous, hot tub, king bed. Very comfortable and private. Owners are just super, went out of their way for us. We will keep coming back as much as possible.

Room Tip: Just tell owners if you wish privacy and upper or lower level.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

You can choose this hotel when in need of a place to stay around Lindsay. Although not the greatest, it is clean, the bed was comfortable enough and easy access to town. No food service on site except the continental breakfast they offer.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed at the Knights Inn to complete my level one instructors licence for snowboarding. It was conveniently close to Devils Elbow, and WOW. This place gives you such a great bang for its buck. I paid $60 for a queen size mattress, a living area, fridge bathroom and huge closet space for all my boarding gear. Complimentary breakfast is just a bonus, nothing too crazy but beyond $60 worth, guaranteed. The owner is very generous and makes sure you have a good time!!

Room Tip: its only $5 to bump from a double bed room to a queen size bedroom. in the queen size you get so muc...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Knights Inn Lindsay? Share your experiences!