“Horbart's is the best steak house , it's better than The Keg” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 74 Restaurants in Lindsay
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Lindsay, Canada
“Horbart's is the best steak house , it's better than The Keg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We live in Lindsay for the pass 14 yrs.
We found Horbart's , and we tired it , been enjoying all our special events like Anniversaries & Birthdays and other nights that we just want to eat great steak . All the staff treat us with respect.
The Orange Almond salad is the best. It's our 47th anniversary today and we are going there tonight . (can't wait } Oh ya the wine is soooooooo good I always get the house wine !

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Port Perry, Canada
“Not Bad for a Small Town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have had the pleasure of visiting Lindsay, Ontario several times in the past few weeks and each time have made a point of dining at Hobart's Bar & Steak House for a satisfying meal. Whether it was the steak dinner or the Cobb Salad with chicken, I found absolutely nothing negative to say about the food.

The house wine is a Cabernet Sauvignon blend and is sold by the glass for a very reasonable $6 and change and the steak was cooked exactly the way I like it. I find many restaurants cook meat the way the chef thinks it should be primed, but as the customer (and the one who is paying) I feel the food should be prepared the way I like it.

The service was good and speedy, yet I never felt rushed. The waiter as a little cocky, perhaps a little too much for my liking, but I wrote that off to the small town way of life. The waitress, on the other hand was extremely polite and very efficient.

I had the Cobb salad for lunch and found it as it should be. It was filling and satisfying, nothing special, but as far as Cobb salads go it was okay.

The restaurant is considered fine dining for Lindsay and although I’m not certain how long it has been there it is looking a bit tired. The booths show signs of wear and the stain on the wood is pealing noticeably. This, however, makes little difference to the food and service and the place is clean and quite presentable.

When in Lindsay give Hobart’s a try. Don't compare it to big city restaurants, but consider it as part of the charm of a small town experience.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Great experience and amazing steak!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hobart's Steak House is a well-hidden gem in the Kawarthas. If you don't know a local, it is tricky to even find it, but believe me it is definitely worth getting there! The first impression when you walk in is a bit misleading - it seems small but inside, despite the dimmed lighting, is a good sized space. The dining is not hurried, and the food is prepared fresh. I highly recommend their own Orange Almond Salad. The Angus beef is always prepared to your liking, and if there is an issue they quickly make it right! If you are looking for a nice, slow paced, classy spot then Hobart's is a must do!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lindsay, Canada
“Wonderful Steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

It was our first visit there having moved to Lindsay the week before. We will be back. The food was very good as well as the service.
It was Christmas Eve and a very special time.

Visited December 2012
Mississauga
“Try it if you can find it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We were in Lindsay on business and checked Trip Advisor for places to try. Hobarts was rated highly so we chose to have dinner here. After driving up and down Kent Street twice, and not being able to locate it, we called and were provided with directions, otherwise - you will never find the place. Once there, we had a great evening. Place is comfortable and staff are friendly. Menu has good choices and food is plentiful. We started with the yakitori beef which had amazing flavour. Small thing - but beef should be sliced much more thinly to have that true taste experience, otherwise it was good. Our dinner companions had the soup which was reported to be delicious, the other appetizer was the scallops and mushroom caps which was reported to be bland. The caesar salad was also bland, no garlic at all. The steaks were amazing. Everyone liked theirs and they were all cooked exactly as we ordered them. Mushrooms and veggies as sides were delicious as well. Our potatoe sides were all good - the bourbon sweet potatoes were a little too heavy on the bourbon. If I were in Lindsay again, I would definitely eat here again.

• Visited February 2013