“thanks for the heads up” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Oromocto

You added Days Inn Oromocto to your Saves list
Days Inn Oromocto
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   60 Brayson Blvd | Oromocto, Oromocto, New Brunswick E2V4T9, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oromocto
SJ
“thanks for the heads up”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

Wow....after reading those two most current reviews about the bride and groom and sleeping on the street first, I must say, thank you. I was going to call the Days Inn in Oromocto to book a block of rooms for a family reunion...but if that is how they got treated, I will be darned if I will let my 92 year old grandma get that same treatment...we will book in Fredericton and drive the extra 10 minutes. What a shame, Days Inn usually has such a good reputation....in other locations apparently . ps to the previous 'poster'...I hope your daughter had a wonderful wedding aside from that.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Saint John, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

This hotel was the worst from the moment we started booking. Would of rather spent the extra to stay in Fredericton. We went for my sisters wedding. She wanted a special rate for all of the guests as we completly booked an entire floor, plus the honeymoon suite (which they never got a deal on) Nor did they get any complementry wine, wine glasses nothing at all. So it all went bad. Couldn't get in our rooms, we asked to be allowed to check in a little early as we had them all booked for months in advance. Oh we will try they said. Check in is at 3 and some of our family couldnt get in till 7. They went there a little after 3 to check in, the wedding was at 4pm and they could not get in there rooms as they were not ready. So they had to change at the hall right before the wedding and then leave the reception to check in at 7 when they were ready. Terrible Service. Then at the end of their wedding when they went to the suite. They tried to get in and were LOCKED out on their WEDDING night. Went to the front desk and they girl demanded the room to be paid for then. To remind you the deposit was already made and you do not paid for your room untill check out. Well the girl countinued to be rude and demand they werent getting in the room untill it was paid. No "oh congrats, you look stunning" NOTHING. So my sister sat outside her room CRYING on the most special day ever, untill my new brother inlaw went and made the front desk write and apologie letter to my sister which she did and he told her they would get the money in the morning when they checked out. Worst expereice ever. Then the front end Manager TROY in the morning was so rude, it was UNBELEIVEABLE to be honest. Did not care what so ever. So people take my advice and dont book her travel the extra 15 minutes to Fredericton! It will be worth it! Oh ya and the beds..... WORST ever.. so uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Dont stay here take my advice.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Oromocto, General Manager at Days Inn Oromocto, responded to this review, June 27, 2011
Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to explain some of the Hotel’s policies & procedures that seem to be the issue in the situation you encountered on your recent stay at the Days Inn Oromocto Hotel.

The block of rooms for the wedding was small and did not meet our criteria for a ‘Group Booking’ which would have included a discount on the Suite for the Bride & Groom. The Hotel does not advertise a ‘Honeymoon Suite’, and therefore has no special packages that include Wine or other amenities, and this was never discussed or promised. There was some break down in the communication on the rate, for which we apologized, and rectified as soon as we were notified.

Our Hotel, as with many others, has a check-in time of 3:00 pm, and we do not guarantee early check-in, even if the rooms are booked many months in advance. Availability of earlier check in times is based upon the time the previous guest checks out of the room, and Housekeeping gets the room cleaned. The Front Desk and Housekeeping Departments did their best to accommodate as many early check-ins as was possible with the availability of clean rooms, while trying to keep them all on the same floor together, as the family requested. It seems we fell short on one of the rooms that weren’t available at 3:10 pm, and we understand this would have been an inconvenience for individuals attending the Wedding.

Our Hotel policy is that we must have a valid method of payment on record for the room before a guest is allowed access to the room. When a guest (the person who signs the registration card) does not have a credit card that we can do a pre-authorization on for the total amount of the stay, and is paying with cash, we require the full amount of the room, tax & a $100 damage deposit to be paid up front. This is a standard Hotel practice, and not exclusive to the Days Inn Oromocto Hotel. In this case, the Bride was given access to the room by paying the $100, not the full amount, and committing to come back later that day to pay the room in full. An exception was made so the Bride could get her dress in the room as soon as possible. Being the wedding day, she did not manage to come to back to the desk to pay for the room. The Front Desk Agent, upon seeing her pass through the Lobby that night, after the Wedding, took the opportunity to approach her to get the payment we require. We are sorry you feel that our follow through on collecting payment was inappropriate or rude, but the Front Desk Agent was following procedure. And that is the point that the Front Desk Manager tried to make the next morning, as well.

I apologize that the timing seemed to off, with it being a Wedding, but the Front Desk Agent was doing what is required of her. We do have these policies & procedures in place for a reason, as any Business does.

Regards,
Joy Prosser, GM
Saint John, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

We started booking these rooms way back in Feb 2011 for my daughters wedding June 18th from the begining we had trouble and that should have been my sign. then we were told that a block of 20 rooms would be set up and the rate was 99 dollars EACH room, when guest started calling thats when i started getting phone calls telling me they were charging 99.00 plus 10.00 for each additionally person,so i called and spoke with the Front Desk Manager Troy who was very RUDE to me,told me that thats how he set it up and thats how it was going to stay.I ask for the customer service phone # which i did call and spoke to a very nice young lady who appogized to me and said that i would receive a call back by April 13th 2011 which iam still waiting for ..........Then the time arrives for us to all check in, we went a little early on Friday June 18th 2011 as we were staying the night before the wedding party (girls) . they did allow us to check in cause the room was ready,how ever i was told i neded to put 100.00 down to hold the room or hold it with a credit card,which i did. we ask for more pillows and blankets which they did give us.Then we got in our room which was somewhat clean besides the huge spider i had to kill cause all the girls were freaking out about,it was pretty gross.Then i went to get the honeymoon suite which they told us we could have eary if was not book so i went down Saturday morning they ask and they advised it was ready for us,i gave them 100.00 to hold and my daughter and her new husband would pay for the room the next morning before check out. We went to the room were i thought would have been a bottle of wine and glasses to congratulate the newly weds YEAH NOHING.!!!!!! Then that eveing just before the dance started my daughter said Mom we forgot the CD that was there first dance was on so i took off to the hotel were as soon as i went in i was attacked by the front desk advising me that they wanted payment for the room,i said i gave you the 100.00 to hold they then told me NO you need to pay for the room in full,i was iam in the middle of my daughters wedding they will pay you in the morning and i went to the room got the CD and left.Then my daughter and her new husband came back to the hotel and as soon as they walked in the same thing they wanted there money,she... Ashley the night auditor was so RUDE she had my daughter crying on her wedding night my daughter went up to what she thought was there room as was LOCKED out she sat in front of the doors crying her eyes out,some of her guest heard her and came out to comfort her while her husband was down stairs telling ASHLEY that she needed to write a note to the bride to appoligze,WHICH SHE DID.......Then 3 times the groom had to go up and down as she did not connect the key to the room.AND HE DID HAVE TO MAKE PAYMENT FOR THE ROOM. Then when my parents and my sister and her family came to check in at 3:10 pm they were told that there room was not ready and check in time states clearly 3:00 pm my family had to come down to the hall where we where have everything and change in the washrooms because the wedding was at 4 pmand then they had to go back after the meal and get checked in as they were scared they would give the room away on them ....which made the brides grandparents miss her first dance with her new husband.when i complained he told that he Troy who is supposed to be a manager,well iam sorry that you feel that way and gave me a total of my room.I really think Troy and all his staff needs to go take some CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS......And i hope that if they ever have a special day in there life that they are tryig to make memories for...THAT THEY GET TREATED THE SAME WAY WE WERE FROM THIS HOTEL DAYS INN OROMOCTO !!!!!!!!!!!!! Wrost hotel ever.

Room Tip: Dont ever stay at the Days Inn in Oromocto
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Regards,
Joy Prosser, GM
Saint John, New Brunswick
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2011

The Day's Inn Oromocto could be a relatively good place to stay. The location is close to the town, but you must travel a few side-streets to get to the property. The lobby is nicely decorated, but the hallways are a ghastly combination of red and green. The primary problem is that there are smoking and non-smoking rooms on the same floor. When exiting the elevator, the smoke hits you and a journey to the vending machine left me smelling like an ash-tray. I am dumbfounded as to why all smoking rooms cannot be located on one floor (preferably the topmost) so people requesting and paying for a smoke-free room can have one.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Mississauga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

This hotel was acceptable for accomodation (clean, comfortable, sufficiently quiet), but was quite lacking on customer service that appears to start with poor management.

The building, although looking new from the outside, was showing a fair bit of wear on the inside (showing poor maintenance and funding of the property).

On one of the doors in a public area of the building near the pool the following was posted "I can only please one person per day and today is not your day". Unfortunately, this did seem to be a motto the staff took seriously.

The elevators were very slow and guests had to hunt for the stairwells to use as there were no signs directing guests to where the stairs would be located.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Fredericton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

I stayed at the Days Inn Oromocto for the better part of 4 days when I was in transition from moving from Oromocto to another province. I had two rooms for the four of us and two dogs. YES, this hotel is pet-friendly! Thank goodness! I think it is customary for hotels with a pet-friendly policy to stick you in a smoking room, however we were on a non-smoking floor and everything was great! I don' t believe there was an extra charge either for the dogs. The only downside is that there are not ground floor rooms, so you have to use the stairs or elevator to take your pooches outside.

This hotel is clean, fresh, newer at a convenient location. The rates are competitive with other hotels in Fredericton and it is so nice to have a hotel in Oromocto for the transient movers!

We also rented a room a few years back for a high school prom night and again, room was great, staff great (and no, no wild parties! the RCMP station is next door!)

I would recommend to anyone staying in Oromocto or even in Fredericton for that matter as it is only 15 min from the city and easy to get on and off the exits.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

We stayed here one night with two small children, while en route for a military move. The hotel was great overall, with large rooms, a nice pool, and a good location near the highway. The continental breakfast included in the room rate is very good, including all the basics like bagels and muffins but also including yogurt and fresh fruit. The conference facilities also looked excellent.

Unfortunately when we arrived, we discovered that our reservation had been booked incorrectly and we were given a standard King room with one bed, to accommodate two adults and two children. When I made the reservation by phone, I had specifically requested a King Suite which included a pullout. The front desk staff were sympathetic but unable to do anything to correct the situation, other than providing cots for the kids.

So, in short - great hotel, but make sure you are getting what you asked for!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Oromocto? Share your experiences!