“Overated and feels like prision” 1 of 5 stars
Review of First World Hotel

Save Saved
You added First World Hotel to your Saves list
First World Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Genting Highlands Resort, Genting Highlands 69000, Malaysia   |
Ahmedabad, India
“Overated and feels like prision”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Nov. 2012 visited Genting highland a resort and theme park north of Kuala Lumpur.
This is highly over rated but very popular resort amongst Indian and Gujarati community.
However it is for middle class people who is looking for cheap deal for theme park and resort .
In order to keep people in side resort there is no way you can get out of resort to take a walk and enjoy out side nature and fresh air.
After 24 hours I was feeling like prisoner. You can see natural scenery out side from room window but you cannot enjoy it by taking walk.
Highly disappointed.

1,392 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Had a wonderful 2n stay in First World Hotel on 4-6Nov12. Though the 1st night view was covered my cloudy clouds, it gradually move on to show some other beautiful views over time and by night, the view was clear and unblocked! Stayed at level 4, yet to me, the views, just awesome! Service is fast and efficient, with friendly customer service who answer my questions with patience.

It was pretty crowded during check-in but our waiting time was reasonably fast! Keep it up! The rooms are tidy and well kept. Clean toilet and every neccessity was there. Except, I wonder why First World did not provide toothbrush and toothpaste. Anyway, everything else was neatly folded like towels and soaps are arranged neatly. There's hair dryer too!

And safety box! As soon as we checked-in and reached our room, the person in charge of the safety box came in to reset our password and guide us with how to use it.

No aircon due to the veryvery cooling temperature! But that's great! very eco friendly! There's fan up to maximum speed of 5! n we only use up till 1 and even off it on 1n. =)

Feel free to read up my my travel blog at www.schmolphintravelogue.wordpress.com

Great stay for short get away!

Xoxo;
Lia schmolphin

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed in First world hotel last weekend, we were lucky to check-in within 30mins from the time of arrival considering the front office handling 1500 check-ins per day. Though we requested for a high floor, non-smoking, good view & newly renovated inter-connecting room with queen size bed, not all our request was met. We were given 2 rooms next to each other in low smoking floor with a view to theme park, twin beds. What we were convinced was the early morning view from the room and the deluxe room we stayed was quite neat and had a 21inch LCD TV wall mounted. Though many people have reviewed average / bad on First world hotel, I would give a “very good” rating since the newly renovated room in Tower 1 was neat and enough for 2 people with an infant to sleep comfortably. My in-laws stayed in the other room and they also thought the same and our rooms were near to the hot water station and lift. First world plaza, casino, indoor theme park & outdoor theme park was easily accessible thru the hotel, our day in outdoor theme park was ruined by continuous rain for 6hours and too much crowd waiting for each rides. So avoid going on weekends or during public holidays unless you get an express ticket for the theme park.

We had some difficulty for food though there were KFC, McD, Marry brown and Koppitiam, as the food was not quality for the money we paid. Food was expensive in Genting, on an average we paid a minimum of RM 75-85 for 4 people which I believe to get a better meal in Singapore. Overall our trip was good though we didn’t have much time to cover the entire indoor & outdoor theme park. If you are going as a family to the theme park, I advise to take Express All park ticket to complete all the rides faster than waiting in queue’s, as the average waiting time for each ride was 45mins – 1 hour.

malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Recently I was given a free deluxe room by Gentings and I must say the room was beyond my expectation. This was mainly because I went there with a preconception of what I've heard. But when I entered the room, I was very surprised to see the room clean and looking new. The bathroom was also quite spacious. I was also pleasantly surprised to see a staff coming in our room to check whether everything was in order.
Having had a nice experience in the room, we booked again the following week as my husband was also given a complimentary deluxe room. However, this second round, we were not as lucky as the first time. The room we got was a room without a view. We couldn't open the curtains as the room was facing another block of rooms! The room was so small that one has to give way for the other to walk pass! Even the bathroom was smaller.
So I guess one has to pray to get a good room if you want to stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

As a non-paying guest (using vouchers to redeem rooms), my expectation was not very high. The room is functional and I was lucky enough to get a room with a proper view of the valley (and not across into people's room like most of their other rooms. The lobby is very busy but checking in and out is made easy via the machines on the lobby. If you just need a room to stay then this hotel is adequate, however if you are looking at luxury then you will be truly disappointed.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

At first glance, the lobby looked like a busy train station. It was the first time for me to stay in such a huge hotel (6000+ rooms!). Despite the crowded and busy lobby, we managed to check-in through one of the accessible check-in machines within 10 minutes of our arrival. We booked our reservation a week before -- I'm not sure if walk-in guests get to use the machine.

We got a deluxe room on the 24th floor of the 2nd building. The room was very basic despite the "deluxe" title. There was no A/C -- I realized upon arrival why my Fiance didn't book an A/C room as there was no need for A/C. It's quite cool in Genting especially in the evening. Just open the window a bit and use the fan to circulate the air.

Some basic amenities we found were: safety deposit box, fridge (empty), coffee/tea cups (with provisional packet of coffee,tea,creamer and sugar), liquid soap, a tiny box-type tv. We had 2 single beds pushed together. Sadly, there was no hairdryer :( We also didn't find free bottles of water -- this is not much of an issue as there was a hot/cold water dispenser just outside our room. There is no free WIFI anywhere -- or at least in the areas we went to.

The room was, in general, clean although it could use some new carpet or a major carpet scrubbing.

Check-out was a breeze as well. We just ended up handing the key card to the hotel attendant standing near the machine. We didn't even get to use the machine again to check-out as, I'd guess from the stack of cards he was holding, they did in batches.

I recommend this place for those who would rather stay outside the room for most of the day and evening. Although there was a tv, it was just too small to enjoy watching a movie (or even the news) on.

Room Tip: you can save some money by booking non-A/C room, just open the window a bit and the temperature in t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jurong, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Check-in & Check-out tips: Check-in & check-out using the self check-in kiosk which saves you the time spent on queuing for regular counters at hotel.

I stayed at the Deluxe room meant for 2 persons which they joined 2 super single size bed into one bed. The mattress and pillows are comfortable for sleep. It seems like First world hotel had went through some renovations of their rooms which made them looked renewed compared to 8 years ago, good job. The toilet is also very clean with brightly lit lighting.

Drinking hot and cold water is available along the aisle of hotel rooms of every level in the hotel so it eases the hassle of need to boil water with kettle. The television inside the room is less than 14 inch i guess but is sufficient enough for watching of programs since the focus of going to Genting is the leisure part where you head to theme park, casinos and shopping area.

Note that: toothbrush, toothpaste will not be provided. Temperature in Genting was approximately 14-16 degrees celsius when i travelled there from 20-22 October, remember to bring jackets and wear long pants to keep warm.

Room Tip: Higher floors will indicate a need to wait for lower floor's residents to enter the lift floor b...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to First World Hotel? Share your experiences!