“Fried and Yellow Rice was nice” 4 of 5 stars

First World Hotel, Genting Highlands, Malaysia
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Asian
Gurgaon, India
“Fried and Yellow Rice was nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

After a long day in genting outdoor theme park , i wanted a tasty and simple thing in dinner,i saw fried and yellow rice in displayed and simply loved it,
Also i had Chicken curry nd some vegggy s side dish,
Yes price was on higher side but what to expect in 24 hour resto in uptown Mall...
But if u see its having almost 50 chairs which are almost full in lunch timming...

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
“Definitely overpriced. Not tasty, chefs really must have cooked them in a hurry”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

The food selection is not very impressive to start off with but we decided to give it a try anyway.
After choosing the food we want and our turn at the cashier, we were taken aback by the cost of it. Way overpriced for the items I picked and the restaurant's environment.

Food was not tasty, the chefs definitely cooked them in a hurry. Anyway, I think most tourists will still try out their food at least once during their stay in Genting Highlands so they will never go out of business.

If they are charging 10% service charge, I don't see the reason why we are queueing to pay, made to collect our own drinks and bring them to our table ourselves. Cleaning after we finish our meal just does not justify the full 10% service charge. Other restaurants at least serve you your food after your order is done.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Extremely bas quality and taste and Overpriced food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

I've just finished eating chicken rendang, chicken curry, omlette, biriyani rice and didn't like even one of them.
The food is extremely spicy, tasteless, overpriced and smells like crap.

I had a curry food from Taj Curry Restaurant yesterday in Subang Jaya, Kuala Lumpur and was quite impressed by their quality and taste so I tried this when I came to Genting.

My advice:
"DON'T EVEN TRY TO THINK ABOUT THIS BAD RESTAURANT!!!

THUS FOOD IS NOT INDIAN OR ASIAN. THIS IS A DISGRACE TO ANY CUISINE.

New Zealand
“Terrible overpriced food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

quite used to asian food and curries as have travelled through Asia often. tried this place at the first world hotel as on first glance it looked OK. what a mistake, over priced for what food you got and was the worst asian food I have ever had, dry horrible chicken that I would not even feed a dog, other items on the plate I could not even eat. terrible waste of money and regretted the decision to eat here.

• Visited January 2012