“Highly recommended” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 Rathdrum B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

First class! We wished we had a longer stay and we will certainly return again. We were made to feel so welcome and Helen couldnt do enough for us.
Beautiful spacious bedroom and large ensuite. Sumptuous breakfast.
We had our evening meal in the bar and that was excellent.

• Stayed December 2013

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
WIMBORNE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We have just returned from a lovely trip to Co Wicklow. We stayed in the Jacob's Well B&B. This is a lovely traditional B&B run by Helen and her team. Everyone was wonderfully helpful and friendly. The breakfasts are amazing. Next door is the pub, plus 4 or 5 other pubs in the village. The food in the pub is proper pub nosh. My favorite was the venison sausages.
We will return!
Thanks Helen!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Southbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in mid-July 2013. We had a wonderful time at this B&B. Very nice corner room with a great view. The pub atmosphere was inviting, and full of energy. Helen, our hostess, was fantastic and a pleasure to talk to about local activities. She makes it a point to ensure all is well and that you're having a great visit. This was a wonderful resting place to return to after seeing the sites. I strongly recommend this B&B and we plan on going back some day.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Youngstown, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We arrived late in the afternoon and had to go to the pub to let them know we were there. We ate a delicious dinner while we were waiting to check in and were made to feel quite welcome.

When we went back to the B&B, we couldn't get into our rooms until we produced the vouchers which was a first. Five other places collected them on departure and never questioned whether we had them or not.

Once the vouchers were turned over, we were shown to our rooms with a matter of fact attitude, not the warmness we felt at other B&B's.

The room was one of the nicer ones we stayed in over our 10 day trip and was quite large. The view was that of the pub roof. We wanted the window open for some fresh air but could hear the TV's from inside the pub and could also hear the family talking below us.

The beds were very comfortable and the shower was fantastic! Felt wonderful after what we'd been using the previous week. We really appreciated the size of the bathroom too - you could actually get out of the shower to dry off without bumping into the sink or toilet.

The breakfast was very disappointing and our least favorite of the vacation. Helen asked what we like to eat and then said they put out a nice buffet. What it included were a couple kinds of dry cereal, brown bread, scones, jam, yogurt in a bowl, canned grapefruit, stewed prunes, 3 slices of ham and a lump of sliced cheese. There may have been muffins or other bread but there weren't any eggs, sausage, bacon, fresh fruit - the sort of food we had been served everywhere else. Coffee wasn't ready and the orange juice container was empty.

We were there for less than 24 hrs so I can't say if I'd stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

My sister and I stayed at Jacob's well en route to my son's wedding. Our trip hadn't started well as my sister's case was missing when landing at Dublin Airport, as it obviously had her wedding outfit inside this caused a lot of concern! Luckily it was put on the next flight and delivered to the B & B that evening

Our room was a good size and very clean. It was on the ground floor which made it easier for me with my suitcase, but meant that the only view we had from the window was of a house wall - as we were there for just the one night it didn't really matter, but having read of the wonderful views it was a bit disappointing not to see them.

The shower room was a very good size and again very clean. It took us a while to find the tea and coffee things as they were hidden away in a cupboard that looked like drawers!

When I booked I had mistakenly booked for room only, but breakfast the next day wasn't a problem and Helen arranged a taxi to take us on to the wedding venue

This was my first trip to Ireland and we met some lovely people, Helen being one of them - our thanks to her

Hopefully I will return for other family occasions now that I have a huge Irish family to add to my relations!

Room Tip: If you are there for more than one night as for a room with a view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Myself and my husband spent an amazing weekend at Jacob's Well two weeks ago and we were absolutely devastated when we had to leave. We were welcomed by the lovely hostess Helen and made us feel very welcome by giving us a cup of tea and homemade scones fresh out of the oven. Not only were the scones yummy but the restaurant next door served fresh food and their was a wide variety of choice on the menu. The staff at Jacob's Well made us feel like we were at home and nothing was too much hassle. Our room was lovely and spacious with a nice scenic view. The B&B was located at the heart of the town and what a great way to see the garden of Ireland :) Only disappointing thing was having to leave !!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

In August, I spent a weekend at Jacob's Well Bed and Breakfast. Located in the heart of Rathdrum in Wicklow, I found the area scenic and an escape from the hustle and bustle of city life which I am used to from living in Dublin city.
On my arrrival, I was greeted by a warm and friendly host who escorted me to my ensuite room where I was to spend the duration of my stay. The room was very comfortable and very clean and was an ideal place to relax after a long journey from Dublin and I had an excellent view of the very picturesque landscape nearby.
On both evenings I dined in the adjoining restaurant where I encountered helpful waiting staff. The food I received was tasty and I found the service very punctual.
Al in all, I cannot fault my stay at Jacob's Well and wound advise any of my friends to pay a visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Jacob's Well Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!