“Another great dinner!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Kingston,Ontario
“Another great dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Once again while at our cottage in the Griffith area, we decided to go to Friscos for supper. We had Shanti for our server and we weren't disappointed. We were accommodated even when we didn't have reservation. The 45 min drive was again well worth it!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ontario
“my birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We have eat at this restauraunt before and never had a bad experience and this time was no difference we sat on the back patio overlooking the village of Eganville and the Bonnechure River on a beautiful July night We had the Tuna steak with the usual fixings and the house white wine Nice atmosphere with friendly staff a little pricy but well worth it

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Hopefully they were having a very bad day...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

It was my grandson's grade 8 graduation, so we drove 6 hours to get there. Reservations had been made for 5:00, for five people. Shouldn't be too difficult.
We arrived on time, and were immediately shown to a booth [the booths are a little too tight...I should have gone for a table. Not enough tables.
The restaurant was not busy. It was early.
The waitress was quick to the table offering drinks. With a couple of seniors and a couple of minors, who all wanted water, I asked what kid of beer was on tap.
"sorry sir, we're out of most draughts...the only one we have left is stout.
Being a stout lover, I was in Heaven when I ordered one.
Didn't take but a few seconds..."I'm sorry sir, we have no stout"
Water it is.
A perusal of the menu showed me Toronto items at Toronto prices...plus a little bit, if it was beef. As much as I was thinking steak, I did not order the beef.
A couple of house salads...served warm and definitely not crispy...boring looking. A FANTASTIC blue cheese dressing, house made.
A French onion soup...bad plain doughy bread on top. Served very hot, which was nice.
Two Chicken parmesans on egg noodles [$19.95 each] with what seemed to be a canned tomato pasta sauce on the egg noodles, with a NICE sized chicken breast quarter, cooked nicely, with some plain parmesan cheese on it. Virtually tasteless. I've had better at Swiss Chalet for less.
One companion had the fish and chips, and while having nothing GOOD to say, had nothing BAD to say.
The waitress came by after too long a period, wondering if she could get us anything else, and another bottle of [cold and fresh] water was asked for.
A bit later, the owner [recognized by his picture on the web site] came by to ask if everything was all right.....I was chewing. By the time I finished my bite, he was gone. Obligatory appearance only, I suspect.

Parking is good...right in front. There IS a patio [it was raining when we got there, so not used]

I'm sorry...If the GRANARY had been open across the street, we would have gone there.
Different revue.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Eganville, Ontario, Canada
“Frequent Visitor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I frequent Frisco's for the lunch soup & salad bar. The cream soups are usually very tasty.
The only thing I find frustrating is sometimes is the Lunch Special that comes with the Soup & Salad bar isn't a good fit. Example- having a Julienne Salad/with the Soup & Salad or a Stew in a Bread Bowl/with the Soup & Salad. Other than that, I've never had any problems with the food or service.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Renfrew, Canada
“Rhonda's Review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Excellent Restaurant, great atmosphere, great service and most importantly the best roast beef you will ever find. My husband and I usually go here at least once a month just for a date night I really enjoy the atmosphere it's quite, enjoyable and romantic.

Next date night try Frisco's in Eganville they actually have Wednesday's as a date night with a special men.

• Visited November 2013