“Worst hotel stay of my life.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Pomeroy Inn & Suites Chetwynd

You added Pomeroy Inn & Suites Chetwynd to your Saves list
Pomeroy Inn & Suites Chetwynd
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5200 North Access Road | Box 756, Chetwynd, British Columbia V0C1J0, Canada   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Free Breakfast, Free WiFi
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Chetwynd
“Worst hotel stay of my life.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We choose the Pomeroy Chetwynd to stay at during our young sons hockey tournament for two reasons. Swimming pool and in room movies.
We checked in and everything seemed fine. The staff was polite and the room seemed clean. It was missing the tv in the living room but that's not a huge issue for us. However shortly after unpacking we found out the heater in the pool was broken. Leaving it icy cold. The hot tub. Broken. The elevator. Broken. Our air conditioner in room was broken and wouldn't turn off. Might I mention this was during -20 weather. Last but not least, the in room movies were not working. I'd assume because the main tv was missing. So all in all everything we had used to choose this hotel was broken. Why we were not told as we checked in is beyond me. I think these issues are pretty big to not let guests who are just checking in know. Of course they wanted to wait till all the money was withdrawn from my credit card first. Therefore making it impossible for me to go to another BETTER hotel. The staff, particularly "Anna" was very courteous and kind. I felt bad for her as she truly tried her best but with upper management obviously severely lacking, it was a challenge for her. I will never EVER be staying at Pomeroy again and will make sure I let every single person I meet know what happened.

• Stayed November 2012
traveling-with-wendy, Regional Manager at Pomeroy Inn & Suites Chetwynd, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
You are absolutely right about being informed of things that are not working and I can only apologize on behalf of the Hotel at this time. We have a brand new manager in place and she will be contacting you to ensure that you are properly taken care of, If she had known of the issues you were having at the time of your stay, she could have dealt with your concerns then. This is not at all how we want our guests to experience our Hotels, and hope that you will give us a chance in the future to show you how truly wonderful staying at a Pomeroy Inn and Suites can be.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Prince George, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

First time ever in Chetwynd, decided to stay at the Pomeroy. It was a great place. Very welcoming. Staff was great. Breakfast was great. I personally love the waffle maker. Rooms were beautiful! I will definatly be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
traveling-with-wendy, Regional Manager at Pomeroy Inn & Suites Chetwynd, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review on our Property. In this day and age when people are so busy with work and life, quite often the only people who take time to give a review are those that were unhappy about something. Thank you for letting us know that we got it"right". We try very hard to give our guests a great experience. Thanks for taking the time to let us know we did well this time.
Prince George
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

No wifi, stale bread and bagels for breakfast. I don't understand why they even bother to say they serve breakfast. It has been a while since I stayed here and I didn't read the latest reviews before I did again. Sad to see that they are true; the hotel has really slid down hill since last year. My room was fine but I couldn't work without wifi and no coffee and toast for breakfast.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review. Feedback is a gift and we appreciate knowing when there is a problem. I visited our Chetwynd property on three consecutive days in the past week, with no notice to staff that I was arriving to do an inspection. I paid particular attention to the breakfast room and noticed that coffee was not as fresh at Eleven AM as it was at Eight AM and nine AM. I asked the staff why, and they stated that once the breakfast room closed at 10, they did not make fresh coffee again unless asked to do so or it ran out. I have asked them to update this policy to ensure that there is always fresh coffee. As for the bread and bagels, we have recently switched suppliers , and this is the first we have heard that it was stale. We will talk to our supplier who delivers every couple of days and see if this is an issue at other properties or if this was an unfortunate one time thing. Please accept our sincerest apologies that you were not happy with your stay and next time you are traveling this way give us another chance to change your opinion. Our company takes pride in giving our guests great service and product - we would like you to experience that!
Vancouver Island, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

overpriced and beware my vehicle was vandalized in the parking lot. Staff said vandalism to vehicles is a frequent occurrence. WiFi was out of service.Stay somewhere else. And don't bother trying to complain to the President Mr Ryan Pomeroy as he ignores emails and phone calls. I've been travelling for 40 years and this is the worst hotel chain I have ever used.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued guest,
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on tripadvisor. Our aim is to always ensure that our guests have an excellent stay at our hotels, that is why we have the Hypnos sleep system, the top mattress and bedding package available in the industry. Our rooms are higher priced than standard rooms in Chetwynd as we are the only Hotel with fully equipped kitchens, having full size fridges, stoves, microwaves and dishwashers. As well we are the only Hotel with a pool, waterslide and hottub. Vandalism is a huge problem in Chetwynd and the local police do there best to patrol all business's to try and deter this problem, it is also why we have a warning on the bottom of our Registration card when you check in, because although we do our best, theives and vandals will always find a way if they see valuables. We are very sorry you were disappointed in your visit and hope that you will give us a second chance to impress you with our service and product.
Richmond, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I was attending a wedding and first they cancelled my reservation and then wouldn't honour the wedding discount because they were out of standards and thus I had to reserve a triple.

The hotel staff was indifferent, the hotel was dirty. The breakfast was inconsistent, each morning I was there they ran out of food and coffee and had no staff to refill or refresh the food.

Overall an extremely disappointing stay and an expensive mistake. The rooms were overpriced and we certainly did not get what we paid for. I would go to the Day's Inn next time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our Hotel. Feedback is a gift and we will definately use this review as a training tool for our staff to let them understand how their actions impact a guest impression of our Hotel. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and hope that you will give us a chance to deal with the issues you have brought up and give us another chance to impress you with our service and quality product. As the only property in Chetwynd with Full sized fridges, stoves, dishwashers and microwave ovens , as well as a pool waterslide and hot tub, our rates are slightly above the competitions, who do not offer these amenities. This is standard practice in the Hotel Industry. I hope that this answeres some of your questions and concerns. Again thank you for the feedback.
Prince George, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We came into town this past weekend for a wedding. While the check in is at 3:00 pm, we respected that, but the Pomeroy DID NOT respect for 2 of our friends in seperate suites. One set booked a higher end room and were asked to come back because their room wouldn't be ready until 4:30. The other had booked 6 months in advance, called on Monday and was told all was good, to show up the day of reservation to find that A) the room was 'under maintenance' and B) they had no other rooms available.After an hour, they ended up with two rooms no where near where any of us were told the wedding rooms were block booked. We stayed 5 years ago and enjoyed our stay, After all these shenanigans, we will stay somewhere else, and most of our friends have said the same. Poor show Pomeroy Chetwynd!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review on our Hotel. With a property as small as Chetwynd (87 rooms over 3 floors) it is not always possible to put rooms all together, do to the type of rooms requested or to long term guests being in rooms that would be in between. This is why although you have a group block of rooms, it does not mean that they will all be together. While we try to put them as close together as we can it is not always possible, A group block generally means that a certain number of rooms are all at the same rate code as requested by the bridal party based on how many people they think will need rooms and will be held under a title such as "Smith Wedding", so that guests phoning in for "Smith Wedding" all get the same rate. I hope that this information has been helpful for you. I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay as much as possible and hope that you will give us a chance in the future to impress you with how well we "CAN DO"
chetwynd
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Pomeroy inns are some of the most expensive, least value hotels you can stay at. Ive travelled all over canada and have staid with many different chains and i avoid Pomeroy like the plague. Wireless so slow as to be useless, cigarette burns on sheets and bathrooms in a non smoking room, slow and rude employess, just a bad place to stay if you have other options.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Hi,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review on tripadvisor. I noticed that you actually live in Chetwynd and would ask that you take the time to come down to the Hotel and talk to our new Manager and let her show you around the property and introduce the staff and see that they are all warm and friendly and it is very inviting. The Hotel is all non smoking and anyone caught smoking in it is fined and the room put on maintenance and steam cleaned , walls washed etc. We have just invested heavily in new linens and supplies for all the rooms and can assure you they are of the finest quality. Please stop by and check us out.

Been to Pomeroy Inn & Suites Chetwynd? Share your experiences!