“Good but not perfect ” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Porto Marina Golf Resort

and 1 more site!
You added Porto Marina Golf Resort to your Saves list
Porto Marina Golf Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Km 110 Alexandria/Mars Matrouh Road, El Alamein 5615, Egypt   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in El Alamein
“Good but not perfect ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I went there for one week in the first half of June it was so so quite.
No shops were opened, no Resturents, no Aqua, no super markets, no beach and no one to advise it was like soft opening.
When I ask for anything they said after mid June.
Staff not professional at all or dealing with guests as customers.
Specially reception head, the manager was the only one able to help.
Apartment was dirty and missing microwave and washing machine and many basic items ( was told that apartment equipped with)
Toilets around the pool was not working which was hard for the kids. Even showers sometimes was not working. When you complain each one point to anther entity and no one takes ownership to solve the problem.
But if staff were better this place will be great. They should consider make it live before mid of June I wonder if I was owner there how would I feel that my investment is working from mid June to end September only!!!

Stayed June 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Arabic first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed in the hotel served apartments for a week, 2 bedroom, kitchenette, 2 toilets and a reception with dining table and cabled TV
Housekeeping cleaned it 3 times
Pools are average and not that clean
Mini Aqua is for kids only and not clean because of the sand
Porto marina private beach is too small but fine
Hammock beach is very nice
i had a problem with sleeping as the DJ never stops until its very late

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed in this hotel 2 weeks ago with my friends. it is far away from the sea with no access to any beach so we had to pay money to go to any other private beach near by. It was clean but there were a problem in the smell of the furniture.The worst thing was the attitude of the staff was horrible. They are not professional at all and treating guests in a a very bad way. When leaving they checked the apartment and accused us of taking a bathmat while the apartment didn't include a bathmat from the beginning and they were very rude in handling the issue and assumed that we took it without even a proper investigation for their staff and housekeeping. We asked for the manager, he came and was so rude and treated us as if he is sure we are thieves while the value of this shower mat is very low compared to the amount of money we paid for our stay so it is really hard to believe that we will take such a small thing. I will never stay in this place anymore and will spread the word between friends about how awful and rude, unprofessional they are

Room Tip: not recommended to go there
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
cairo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

i had gone to porto marina last summer , where me and my family enjoyed it as well, actually i wish all foriegners to come to Porto marina and take the advanture :) i think that it deserves the trial.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I spent 7 days in a family vacation there thou the place is OK but it was dirty rooms; the glass you can hardly see throw , the worth thing was that we lost an expensive camera and some other things, the administration did not give a dam interest and the police failed to catch any body thou it was clear that the only access to the room was available for the house keeping.

Room Tip: No good room they are all bad cleaned no house keeping wily managment.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I went for a short vacation this August during Ramadan, was a good offer for a furnished apartment. Pool was great, clean, and free ... Aqua is bad, not enough water games, didn't feel it's clean.. Staff is very friendly but the quality of cleaning apartment is not up to the standard. Quite, Green space if you need to relax. Supermarket open 24/7 with almost all needed F&B ...

Room Tip: It's better to book at fifth floor minimum, DJ at night is not that great if you are not into ho...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

The property is nice, new and well maintained. The staff at the reception are not up to standards. When I was checking out the computer system was down or under maintenance as I was to by a receptionist. He wanted me just to wait for the system to operate but I insisted that he should refer to the check in paper to see that my stay is payed for and that I don't need to pay anything. I am sure that they will not be able to handle problems that might rise up with other guests. I think this place can be much better if they upgrade the staff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Yasser Y, Manager at Porto Marina Golf Resort, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay at Golf Porto Marina We appreciate that you took the time to share your valued feedback here on TripAdvisor which gives us the opportunity to monitor and continuously improve our services.

I can assure you that we will take proper action steps to ensure that our associates will be able to respond incident as such in a fast and more professional way.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time. Simply send an email to yasser.yahia@amer-group.com

With kind regards

Yasser Yahia

Been to Porto Marina Golf Resort? Share your experiences!