“You'll never want to leave the hotel” 5 of 5 stars

You added Rixos Alamein to your Saves list
Rixos Alamein
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Matruh Road, Alexandria Egypt, El Alamein, Egypt   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in El Alamein
“You'll never want to leave the hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The beach is very nice with lovely cabanas you can rent for a day, crystal clear water you will not leave the beach till sun is down, kids activities and go carts, friendly staff and renovated spacious rooms.. You really wouldn't want to leave the hotel till you have to go home

Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2014

I had a wonderful vacation in this hotel loved every thing about it stuff are vv nice the rooms are big enough to put an extra bed and still big the beach is amazing , loved the view from my room will definitely go again

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Cairo, Egypt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

What a beautiful location, what a beautiful beach and sea, what spacious pools, resturants and rooms. Well, this hotel have everything to be one of the best and most enjoyable except for one element that ruins all, professional service. I have to admit that the staff's attitude is pretty helpful but their capability unfortunetly fails them. Even with the food which is actually varied using great quality it comes blant and tastless. The hotel misses the touch of hotel professionalism that turns the great ingredients into magic. People go to the beach for an early dip to find that there are no towels so they had to miss the opportunity before leaving. The shower and safe did not work in my room. I spent 45 minutes to checkout because there was only one receptionest helping a long line of people and when help finally came they were not well trained. The waiter pulled plates in front of people without asking if they were done. If this hotel trains and upgrades its staff to excellence it can be one of the best in the country but with this performance small annoyances ruins it all.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Brit in Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2014

Rixos invited us (and about 70 other people) from Sharm El Sheikh, put us on a plane (no it wasn't a private jet with leather seats - I wish - but a domestic flight type plane) and brought us to The Rixos in El Alamein for one night all inclusive for the opening of the hotel.
The hotel is beautiful, the staff were wonderful and attentive but not over baring and the food was absolutely amazing whether it be in the main dining hall or at the party laid on for the night before opening.
The beach is amazing, beautiful fine white sand, and the water colour is just gorgeous. Normally animation teams get on my nerves asking to join in games but here they ask once have a bit of polite conversation and move on if you seem not interested.
The grounds are kept very nicely as are all the bar areas.
In fact the only bad things I can say about this hotel is if we weren't all inclusive the prices at the bar are very expensive, in Sharm El Sheikh we pay between 15 LE to top end of 40 LE for a local beer (Sakara), where as here it was 70 LE (7 GBP) for the same beer. Last imported Vodka (Smirnoff) and coke I had here I paid 50 LE where as we stopped at the bar for a night cap and paid 140LE (14 GBP) for the same drink, needless to say we didn't have another (imported alcohol is not normally included in all inclusive we expected that) Had it not been so over the top expensive my friends and I would have sat and had a few more, instead we went to bed.
The bed was very comfy and no extras are missed in the room (shampoo, conditioner, comb, shoe shine, sewing kit, dressing gown, loofah, bottles of water, tea and coffee I am sure there was more but I don't remember - everything I might need was catered for).
I think my partner and I did have the duff room though as the finishing in the bathroom wasn't so great or maybe I just have a little OCD!! not one plug socket or light switch was on the wall straight nor was the hairdryer, the painter had managed to paint parts if the doorframe as well as the walls. My friends that were in 2 other rooms didnt have any of this. On the upside to the room, our toilet seat had something wrong with it but I have no idea what as the housekeeping that came to our room just after we checked in noticed and within 5 mins maintenance were there mending it.

I know I have had a little moan here but really it is a little unjustified as the weekend we had here was fabulous, I would go again in the drop of a hat and if planes are put on between Sharm and Alamein we will be going on a regular basis as there is a Golf course not far away (the men can go and I would feel completely comfortable being left on the Caribbean looking beach)

There is one member of staff that we watched throughout the whole weekend who was amazing, she is an English girl who seemed to be everywhere organising everything, I hope they pay her well as she didn't stop and all done in high heels! She's what you image Will and Kate's wedding planner to have been like.

I look forward to going to this hotel again next season.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
alexandria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

This resort gave my family best vacation ever….
From the beginning….
Parking: is very good
Reception: is luxurious
Reception staff: are very very helpful and attentive….mentioning mr.mohamed…fast check in
Guest relation are very welcoming. nevine was keen to guide us and tell about facilities….and she and Catherin were daily calling me to make sure that my stay is well…but it was not…it was fabulous ….
Room: spacious, tidy, average decoration, the scene from terrace was really breathtaking and the breeze was (narcotic)….relaxation from first moment
Pools: very huge and very clean….the indoor heated pool also was amazing…..especially with decoration of salty caves…..
Beach: clean soft sand….pure crystal blue seawater …..Very good chairs …and attentive waiters …..Snacks and drinks reach you by them so your complete effort is for fun and enjoying……
Food: this was another source of charm in this resort…..Turkish hospitality was clear ….diverse food….I cannot call it just food….very delicious one ….and the Turkish dessert was best ever tasted
Animation team: also add word best before calling them.....their effort to entertain our kids then us was amazing….and make night hours funny especially in isolated resort like this
Kart racing cars and inflatable air castles…were also addicting to my kids….
(beside who mentioned above should also mention abd elsalam and ahmed waiters) and all literally all I met there and thank them for most wonderful vacation I had ever ….
Dr Mohamed hafez
Room 2234
4th oct-7th oct-2014

Kelly W, Manager at Rixos Alamein, responded to this review, October 15, 2014
Dear mohamed_hafez_13

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us

We are delighted to read such positive feedback and that we met your expectations.

Thank you for your comments for our team members they are greatly appreciated and have been shared with all mentioned.

Our Chefs were happy to hear you enyoyed the food and look forward to preparing your Turkish Dessert on your next visit

It will be our pleasure to welcome you and your family back again in the future.

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2014

All in all, it is an excellent hotel and resort. I recommend it to my friends and relatives.
My most noticeable remark is about Alamein Restaurant. Although food is tasty, it makes you badly bloated a few hours later! May be they add lots of bicarbonates during cooking!! Also, staff of the restaurant despite being friendly, co-operative, and doing their best, yet professionally they are not that qualified.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Kelly W, Manager at Rixos Alamein, responded to this review, October 9, 2014
Dear Khaled A

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and that you would recommend us

Thank you for your comments regarding the food and service - our staff are continually receiving on and off the job training in order to provide a high class service, however your comments have been shared with our Food and Beverage and Training Manager.

Once again thank you for you feedback it is much appreciated and helps us to improve our service

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future

Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2014

This was my 1st visit and definitely won't be the last! Splendid place, wonderful service, highly well trained staff, clean spacious rooms, great food quality, clean swimming pools and beach, relaxing atmosphere.
To cut it short, I spent my weekend in heaven :)

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Kelly W, Manager at Rixos Alamein, responded to this review, October 1, 2014
Dear NadyaHeluny

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us.

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay here with us and we are delighted to hear it wont be your last visit

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back again in the future

Rixos Hotels

Been to Rixos Alamein? Share your experiences!