“Price-quality the best” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Edegem
“Price-quality the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

If you consider the price and the service and the room they deliver this hotel was just the best.
Of course the location is in the middle of nowhere but if you want to visite the Etna it is well located. If you just want to relax this is the place to be. Quiet, lovely gardens and pool and just stunning rooms and a lovely service. Nice diner and good breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Villa Neri L, Direttore at Villa Neri Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear guest from New York,

Thank you for posting a wonderful review about us, we are very glad to read that you found Villa Neri Resort in Sicily a fantastic place to stay and that you had a wonderful experience with us.

Thank you for sharing your opinion on TripAdvisor and thank you for pointing out the professionalism and attitude of our fantastic staff. We are looking forward to your next visit!

Kindest regards from my entire staff

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed at Villa Neri this past July and was extremely happy with my experience there. I was able to find everything I wanted all in one location. Villa Neri was located in a lovely, peaceful and relaxing environment beneath Mount Etna.
The room I had was with a balcony overlooking Mount Etna and was very neat and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful with any request we had. Definitely a great value for your money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest from New York,

Kindest regards from my entire staff
Bath, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed here last month for two nights. We arrived slightly earlier than stated check-in time as the lady on the phone that we spoke to to confirm the booking said we could, however, the hotel did not know about this when we arrived which caused a delay.
The hotel receptionist was ok but not hugely enthusiastic and showed us to our room which was lovely and sunny. The rooms are a lovely size and it was nice to have a little courtyard on the other side of the big French doors however the trouble started when I decided to have a shower. We had been travelling for over 3 hours and were tired and sweaty so I had a swift 7-10 minute shower which resulted in the whole of our room being flooded due to a problem with the drainage. Our luggage and anything on the floor (including my clothes I'd just taken off) were soaking. Not a great start but these things happen. We called reception who sent a chambermaid very quickly to mop the floor but this appeared this was all they were prepared to do until we explained we needed to change rooms as this was not a small flood- it covered the entire floor from door-to-door! The same receptionist appeared and kept asking me if I had shut the door when I'd had a shower to which I replied I did, she begrudgingly opened the door to the room opposite the one that was flooded and watched us lug all our suitcases and stuff we'd unpacked across the hall and into the next room and me with a towel still wrapped round my head!

We were told that this new room was the same as the one we'd just left, which it almost was apart from being slightly smaller, having an overlooked courtyard and darker paint on the walls with little sunshine flowing through the windows but at least it was dry. My fiancé's turn to have a shower, as I'm drying my hair in the room another flood appears at my feet. This is not funny. We call reception only to realise the receptionist is with the engineer across the hall in our old room. She inspects the shower only to say this hasn't happened before and she'll try and sort a solution. We start packing up AGAIN ready to move rooms and I'm getting annoyed. We wait for 20mins for her to come back. Nothing. I opened the door and she's still overlooking the engineer in the room opposite! Eventually after a heated discussion and us demanding to have our money back so we can leave, she agreed to put us in a 'superior room' as this is all she has left but this would take 30mins to arrange and we would have to wait in reception. So she watched as we lug all our luggage back to reception without even so much as an offer of help where we wait for 2 minutes until she decides that the room is now ready (what happened to 30 minutes, I don't know?!) and again rushes off down the hall leaving us to carry all the half-unpacked luggage with us miles behind her. This room turns out to be right next door to the other two we've just been in! Argh!

This 3rd room was lovely and spacious and had no less than 4 different showers in one big wet room so my fiancé runs in and switches them all on and waits to see what happens whilst the receptionist is still with us. In the meantime I am asking why there is a big puddle of water in the middle of the bathroom near the toilet?! After mopping the floor, the receptionist turns and walks out and leaves us alone in the room. Not an apology or a word muttered. I am ready to leave.

This has taken over 3 hours from when we arrived at the hotel for us to finally relax. Then we recieve a note from reception telling us the pool is closed from 5pm for a wedding. Great. No mention of this when we booked!

We had an awful night sleep as our room was right next to the fire exit doors that all the guests seem to be using to get outside which slam shut every time someone went through them. This was right at the headboard of our bed and at the bottom of the hall was the function room where the party was in full swing with a guy on the mic signing and talking until 2.30am, kids outside screaming on the other side of our patio doors until the early hours etc. etc.... You get the picture.

We ate in the hotel on both nights as the hotel is in the middle of nowhere and we had done enough driving over recent days, plus, the menu looked nice and was reasonably priced. The first night we had fab food and amazing service from a tall slim gentleman who was superb, he served us at breakfast and at the pool the following day and was really polite, efficient and attentive.
The 2nd night was a disappointment as the food was not as good and part of my dish stated on the menu that it came with potatoes which never arrived.... The waitress was verging on rude, was really unattentive and uninterested and left the table behind us for almost 30 minutes without a drink that they'd asked for! The wine list was not freely given, we had to ask for it, which took 10 minutes to arrive and during the entire stay at the hotel- every time we chose a bottle, they came back (after a delay) to say that they did not have it. This happened even at the bar! Speaking of which, closed up at 10.30 whilst we were just finishing dinner (it was only a Thursday!) which meant if we wanted to sit and have an after dinner drink, we'd be alone in the dark.

Finally, checkout was nice and late (even though everyone we asked told us a different time that we needed to vacate the room by!) however the icing on cake when it comes to bad service is that when we handed the room card back, the receptionist took it and didn't utter a word! Not even a goodbye!

It is also worth noting that we knew nothing about the hotel facilities as we were not told on arrival nor was there much info in the room about the spa. We phoned the spa directly and were suprised to learn that even as a guest of the hotel, it was 30 Euros each to use it for 2 hours!!! Shocking when you pay so much for the room!

Beautiful hotel, lovely location but terrible service means we will not be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Villa Neri L, Proprietario at Villa Neri Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Sir,
thank you for spending such longtime to review our hotel. Above all, we congratulate with you for describing your holiday with such abundance of details, highlighting and underlining the bother (you say) we caused you changing you the room twice.
With regards to that, we assure you that it was the very first time that the inconvenience you mentioned occourred in our Resort.
We are still estonished by the great ability you showed in flooding not one but two whole rooms (not only their bathrooms!) in less than 1 hour. Trust me, we still can’t believe that could happen, as such a thing has never happened in our hotel since its inauguration 2 years ago.
Furthermore, balance pushes me to suppose that attentive and watchful persons make their best to prevent such inconvenience from happening again, but this mustn’t be your case.
Differently from you, i want to express full solidarity and comprehension to my staff, who promptly had to take care of the accident and reactivate the rooms in a very short time. Infact, the customers who were given those 2 rooms immediately after you didn’t notice anything.
I’d just like to suggest you (at least) to smile at those who lavish theirself to make your stay as more pleasant as they can.
Best Regards
The Neri Family
Hamburg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Very nice stylish Hotel close to the Etna. We were offered a special rate which we could'nt resist by an extremely friendly and highly qualified receptionist named Annalisa. She made our stay very special providing lots of informations, insider-knowledge and having great language-skills. Thanks once again for all your help, Annalisa!
The rooms are big and spacious, the beds are very comfortable, the pool is just lovely, the restaurant is nice and the food is good.
Located close to the Etna and to Taormina the Villa Neri is perfect for a stay in a quite and nice surrounding. We definately come back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Villa Neri L, Direttore at Villa Neri Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear guest,

Kindest regards from my self and the entire staff
Orazio Spina General Manager
Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

we stayed 2 nights here and it was too short. nice spacious room and bath area. we had a room overlooking the pool and mountains in the background.

nice breakfast spread which we could either take in our room out on the balcony or in the breakfast room of the hotel. we did both and very much preferred the breakfast on the balcony.

the spa within the hotel was very relaxing and offered a great massage service. we had massages on both days.

location was close enough to drive to the local town within mins and surrounding towns including Taormina under 30mins.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Kindest regards from my self and the entire staff

Lingua, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We booked a room at the Villa Neri for a quiet and relaxing break and it was absolutely fantastic!

The hotel is set among the vineyards and olive groves of the beautiful Sicilan countryside with spectacular views of Mount Etna and surrounding hills. The hotel building, outdoor swimming pool and inside spa are modern and everywhere is very tastefully decorated in a clean and unfussy modernist style, all kept clean and absolutely spotless. This is what one might expect of a five star establishment but the Villa Neri went further because the hotel has such a wonderful heart and soul provided and maintained by the staff that exceeds anything we have ever encountered before.

We were welcomed by Annalisa at reception who helped us in so many ways, with everything from advice about the locality, orgainising excursions and taxis, suggestions on what to do and surprising us with a fantastic cake on my birthday! We were treated more like friends of the hotel than as guests! We upgraded the room to one with a terrace to enjoy the spectacular views more and this again was done without any problem and at a discounted rate! On our last day we were leaving late to catch our evening flight and Annalisa arranged for us to have an evening checkout time so that we could enjoy our room and the scenic grounds for the full day.

Such genuine helpfulness is a halmark of the Villa Neri because it was mirrored in Germana, the lovely lady and excellent masseuse who runs the Spa. We recommend the Wet Area and wave massage unreservedly! Mario and Maria attended us at breakfast and the restaurant in the evenings, with friendliness and attentive efficiency. Their faultless service in line with the highest standards of service. The food in the restaurant is delicious, seriously good! The prices are comparable with London restaurants but the dishes are seriously worth it! Again, we recommend the cuisine of the Villa Neri completely and unreservedly!

There is no doubt in our minds that we shall return!

Room Tip: Room 207 has I think the best views of both Mount Etna and the hills down to the sea, but rooms with...