“Gobsmacked” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 52 Restaurants in Otley
Cuisines: American, British, Café, Sandwiches
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Takeout
Description: A beautiful listed building set in the heart of Otley with entrances on Market Street and Boroughgate. Still with original features but with a modern and clean interior and decor. Beautiful clean and modern facilities on the inside and a real fantastic building history on one of Otleys most historic and traditional streets.
“Gobsmacked”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

l am new to this but I felt I had to try leave My Comments In the hope that this works and l can tell people of my experience I went to Otley last Saturday with family And tried a cafe we have not Used before even though we Visit Otley a few times during the year. I am S00000 glad we did. I ordered A sandwich As a snack and when it was Served to Me I was ..... yes as the title says Gobsmacked I could not believe the generous portions And the reasonable prices. The coffee was the best l have tasted as well The nachos ordered by my family Would have been more than enough for 2 to share And the homemade Cakes fabulous TO Crown it all the toilets were the cleanest I have ever been to whilst Out. I know Where I will be eating now In Otley. I even got a loyalty card SO I get a free drink after a few visits. Lovely place, lovely food friendly staff and fantastic value NO wonder the place was so busy

heebs120, Owner at Heebies, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
Thankyou for leaving your review of us at Heebies,

We are really pleased you enjoyed your visit and we don't do things small in here (it's the Yorkshire way!) and are pleased you enjoyed your visit.

Just to confirm the loyalty card to you incase you don't understand how it works, each visit you get one stamp, on your 5th visit and 10th visit you can claim a free drink (or save them up to claim two at once!)

Thankyou so much for your lovely review, it helps us as a business grow and continue to gives us motivation.

Thankyou again,
Adam and Sarah - Heebies

“Family friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We visited with our daughter and grandson aged 4.
We were made very welcome and there was a relaxed family atmosphere with no rush to leave.
We had quality food and their chocolate and guinness was so addictive.
We will definitely be visiting again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
heebs120, Owner at Heebies, responded to this review, August 31, 2014
Thankyou for your lovely review of us at Heebies.

We appreciate family's that come in together and enjoy a café experience with they young children/grandchildren. We never wish to rush people as we also appreciate the relaxing atmosphere of a good café.

Thank you again, we are very humbled when people take the time to leave nice reviews about what we do, so thank you it really does mean a lot to us!

Regards,
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Room for improvement”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Visited today on way home. Despite asking for a sandwich with NO spread or butter, you guessed it - it arrived with butter on. Returned it after cutting it open - no apology but they DID put it back in the fridge - hope nobody went in after me and order a tuna sandwich cos I had touched it and cut it in half!! Replacement arrived but partner had already finished his sandwich and my tea was gold - no offer of a free top up. Customer behind us complained that their tea was almost drunk and awaited their teacakes - were told they were being 'done in order' - again no apology or offer of free tea. Tiny kitchen/preparation are with up to 4 people jostling and trying to work in the tiny space. Very disappointed and wouldnt return or recommend. Customer service isnt at the forefront here - making money clearly is the only motive.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
heebs120, Owner at Heebies, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Hello
On most occasions here at Heebies we appreciate any constructive advice, ideas and even criticism but unfortunately in this case this review is none of the above!

I am truly horrified that you have managed to turn something that was genuine human error at the peak of our busy Saturday lunch period into this slanderous and extremely overdramatized statement.

when you complained about there been butter on your sandwich you did in fact receive an apology and I personally didn't just re bread your sandwich I made a new one fresh just like all our food is. no sandwich has ever been pre made and how dare you imply that we would serve it to another customer after it had been manhandled. We do not believe in food wastage and although you did not deem it edible, Bernard the homeless gentleman who sits in our bus station did, along with a free cup of tea!

The four customers that were sat at the table behind you were not complaining but enquiring to the whereabouts of their (not teacakes) but the ham sandwich, two cakes and cream scone as the orders had to be stalled as I remade your lunch...they were very pleasant and were offered more tea.

And this is correct when I say that an order is called an order because they are done...you guessed it IN ORDER.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your visit to Heebies but based on this review and other reviews you have left for other businesses you are more often than not disappointed.

We are not trying to be a cash generator like Costa Coffee and we are not an assembly line of staff, we are a small family run independent business that are proud of the food and service we provide our valued customers.

Shame on you for targeting us with such a callus attitude and not making the effort to resolve with us at the time.

If you do have anything else you do wish to discuss with us please do feel free to contact us.

contact@heebiesotley.co.uk

Sarah
Heebies
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Welcoming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

My partner was on business in Otley so I had some time to kill exploring the town. Out of the many cafés I passed I chose Heebies and stopped for an hour to read my book and have a cup of tea. Service was friendly and relaxed, and at no point was I disturbed or pressured to order anything else. As it turns out, when my partner joined me I was having such a cosy time out to the rain that we both ended up ordering more drinks and lunch, which was excellent value. I have never been to Yorkshire before so thank you for being so welcoming!

Visited August 2014
heebs120, Owner at Heebies, responded to this review, August 31, 2014
Thankyou very much for your kind review of us at Heebies,

We personally love to sit down with a good coffee or tea and read the hours away, so we understand as we do with our customers that it is nice not to be disturbed. We don't mind people coming in a spending a few hours with us, we often can have people in from open till close in our coffee lounge, by the time they leave they are dancing (based on the coffee consumption!)

Thankyou again, we are very humbled when people take the time to leave nice reviews about what we do, so thankyou again!

Regards,
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely cafe”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Visited here today for the first time with my mum and little boy. My mum had a latte with toasted teacake which looked lovely. I had a jacket potato with cheese and beans, and whilst this was delicious, it was a very small potato so was a bit disappointed. I had asked if they had any fruit shoots for my little boy as I wont let him drink fizzy and was told no they dont, but they do milkshakes, which I ordered a chocolate one for him. On the way out whilst paying, I noticed in the fridge 3 rows of fruit shoots. I think the staff need to make sure they know what they sell, as would much have preferred him to drink a fruit shoot to a milk shake. The cafe was nice and clean and everyone was friendly and said hello and smiled which is always nice to get. I didn't think the prices were too bad and would definitely go back. I would recommend it to any one.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
heebs120, Owner at Heebies, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Thank You for your review of us and what we do at Heebies.

We must firstly take the time to apologize for the experience you had with the Fruit Shoots. All our staff are trained in the same way and the staff member who served you was only working their third shift, however, this is not an excuse and this will be dealt with accordingly, so again, apologies for this incident.

We are sorry you felt your Jacket Potato was a little smaller than we normally serve, we always try pick out the biggest before baking them, and on this occasion we must have failed, we would be more than willing to rectify this if you notify us.

Again, we can only apologize for the two experiences above, but are delighted to see you have been still very positive about what we do and what we try and achieve at Heebies, despite the points raised above, and we thank you for not leaving a negative review because of this.

We really do try hard and as an independent business we admit sometimes we can go wrong, and are more than happy to hear this and rectify it, and like yourself you have left a review with the positives and the couple of negatives, so thank you for giving us the chance, and we really would love you to visit us again and we will personally as the owners make sure this does not happen again and make sure your visit is a different one next time.

Thank you again, and please make yourself known next time you are in so we can make this error up to you as we genuinely cannot blame anyone but our failings here.

Thankyou for your positive review and we are really happy to see you would recommend us and still return, And we look forward to this.

With Regards,