“first trip to this resort was fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel

You added Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall Main Road | Little River, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
Madison, Wisconsin
“first trip to this resort was fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

We just returned from 6 days at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort. We traveled with another couple. We all had a fantastic vacation at this resort. It's a smaller, quieter, more intimate resort and for us, it worked. It was very easy to get around. I wanted a different room (we got 2 full beds and I wanted a King) and Guest services were very helpful and friendly and addressed my request quickly. They were also quick to respond when I called for more bottled water and soda. The buffet restaurant is typical for all inclusive resorts but good. (the fresh homemade donuts every morning were hard to resist!) We didn't try the Cajun restaurant, Japanese restaurant wasn't our thing either. The steak house was nice. The entertainment staff made an effort to get to know guests and mingle with us. The entertainment was enjoyable for the most part. The resort and beaches were very clean and well taken care of. They have a "no reservation" policy for beach and pool chairs and cabanas that is so nice! People couldn't just put towels on chairs to "hold" them for the day. Almost all of the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. We did go to Rose Hall Shops for a morning of shopping. It's a safe shopping area. Remember to barter before buying! We got some good deals. Buy your rum at the airport. Your prices are just as good there.
On a final note: My husband golfed at Cinnamon Hill golf course 2 days and White Witch course once. Buy a golf package through the course verses at the resort. We could have gotten a much better deal. Caddies were very helpful. You HAVE to take their advice! They know the course. The courses are beautiful. He preferred Cinnamon Hill. Practice the putting greens before you go out! You'll appreciate that advice!

We travel the Caribbean a lot and we would definitely return to this resort if we visit Montego Bay again!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

The management team and staff are ecstatic in reading your beautiful review on your recent IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort visit, we thank you very much for sharing on Tripadvisor; it was a pleasure serving you as our treasured guests. We are happy you enjoyed some of the extraordinary diversity of activities we offer, the Golf course and Rose Hall shopping is surely among the preferred activities among our many guests.

We are elated that you enjoyed the diverse variety of delicious cuisine, entertainment activities, amenities and the resort in general; however, most importantly we are happy our dedicated team created an experience of a lifetime for you and your spouse. Thank you for recognizing our esteemed employees for providing amazing service – our staff are truly the ones who learn the peculiarities of our guests and made each visit special. We will surely share your kind comments with them.

Thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach and for your feedback; we look forward to welcoming you back for another full and complete pleasurable couple’s vacation.

Regards,

Online Reputation Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (584)
  • Polish first
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Our wedding group consisted of about 60 people. 36 people stayed at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach and the rest stayed elsewhere.

I appreciated that this resort only does 1 wedding per day, so you don't see multiple brides fighting for the same locations.

The wedding coordinators, Santena Blythe and Vanassa McIntosh were fantastic. They always responded within 24-48 hours depending on the inquiry before we arrived at the resort. We brought our own decorations for the ceremony, dinner and reception, I briefly described my vision to Santena the day before and she had all put together the day of the wedding.

We bought the Gold Star Wedding package, which I highly recommend everyone to get because you get a live music entertainment (we picked the steel pan band and they were good), romantic dinner on the beach (which was extremely romantic), a couple's massage and the bridal hairdo.

For the ceremony, we picked the Calypso Garden. By 5pm, the sun is not as abrasive as it is earlier on in the day, so don't be alarmed about the heat when you're scoping out the site before that time. As always, bystanders from the pool wanted to watch the wedding, but they decided to stand right behind the arch where the random people in swimwear can be seen in the videos and photos, so I asked Santena to get rid of them and she did right away before we proceeded with the ceremony.

For the dinner, we picked Uncle Tony's Steakhouse for a semi-private dinner. The food was great and everything was set-up the way I asked, but if I can do it all over again, I would pick Jambalaya, the Cajun Restaurant instead. The reason is, Uncle Tony's doubles as the snackbar and people get very tired of going there. The Japanese restaurant food was good, but it's not meant for a wedding reception larger than 18 people because it's all teppanyaki tables and that's the max that can fit in one.

We also did the wish lanterns by the beach between dinner and the reception. If you plan to do this and want to see them released at the same time, make sure you bring a bunch of BBQ lighters or a bunch of candles in jars. Otherwise, you will suffer the same fate we did like sharing the 3 smoker's lighters and watching a lantern go 1 or 2 at a time and people complaining that they burned their thumbnails.

Since we had less than 80 people, we couldn't rent a restaurant for a full 3-hour reception to do things people do at weddings like the bouquet/garter toss, first dance, etc, we rented the Mango Walk Disco. They have the music permanently loud from wall to wall, so it's not good for conversations, just dancing. So if you have guests that are elderly, kids, or if you want people to make speeches, don't do it.

We requested a bonfire the day after the wedding and we were fortunate enough that the couple getting married on that day wasn't doing anything with the beach, so we got the bonfire. It's quite the fancy set-up. They put up a private bar, tables and lanterns. And the Vanassa stayed the whole time to make sure we had everything we needed. It exceeded my expectations since I legitimately thought they would just light some wood on fire and the bar is the beach bar.

So to recap, the wedding we picked was:

Calypso Garden-->Cocktail/Champagne Toast with Steel Pan Band-->Uncle Tony's-->Wish Lanterns-->Mango Walk Disco

The wedding was exceptionally great and we were satisfied with the outcome, but if we can do it all over again, we would do:

Calypso Garden-->Cocktail/Champagne Toast-->Jambalaya-->2 hour Bonfire with Steel pan band followed by a DJ and release the wish lanterns.

Now for the resort itself, all my guests were happy with the service. Jamaicans aren't as fast as Dominicans or Cubans in terms of service, but they are definitely more genuine. You get the same happy service whether you tip them or not. The rooms and common areas seem clean and well-maintained. The buffet food is fantastic and everything had flavour, but I don't recommend you eat everything on your first day, because it does get repetitive.

The Spa was amazing. The make-up lady is really good, and I feel bad because I forgot her name. She didn't make me look like a clown on my wedding day. I brought my own make-up and she expertly applied it on me like I never could. I'm Asian but she was able to make my eyes look bigger without making it look theatric.

The hair people also do a trial do and then the actual hairdo with the same person. The lady that did mine, Marvina, did a fabulous job on my hair.

The Photo Shop is extremely expensive, but if you want to hire an outside photographer, you'll have to pay a vendor's fee and put them up for a night in the hotel. We only saw the raw photos which looked okay and did not see the video, so we're still hoping for the best with that until we get it in the mail.

For first time travellers to Montego Bay, it's really safe to leave the resort as long as you get a taxi through the resort. We left several times to go clubbing on the strip and the taxis that the resort would commission for us always did a head count and waited for us until we are done. The resort security are also very strict in looking for wristband when letting people back in the resort after hours.

To wrap up, a funny story: On our first night, me and a couple of my bridesmaids locked ourselves outside the balcony. We failed to read the sign that says "door locks from outside"...so if you do go outside on your balcony, make sure you don't fully close the door. We were fortunate enough that one of us had a cellphone, so we were able to call the front desk to send someone over to let us back in.

Hope that helps!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

It is with great pleasure that the management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort extend our gratitude to you, your husband and family for selecting our resort. Congratulations to you and your husband on your marriage and we wish you both all the best. The time taken to share your marvelous review is highly appreciated. We are delighted knowing your special day was remarkable and that your expectations were exceeded. We will pass on special commendations to Santena and Vanessa for their unfailing efforts; they are committed to providing quality services thereby ensuring that each couple experience their dream wedding. Truly we are grateful that their hard work has paid off in an amazing way; once again thank you for sharing your experience. We will commend the other staffs as well for their valuable contribution towards your wedding and your stay in general. We are pleased to hear that all your guest were happy with the services they receive. We are sorry to hear that you were locked out on the balcony but grateful you had the cell phone! Thanks to you one again for making IBEROSTAR your choice for your special day and we hope to see you next year for your anniversary! Thank you!

Laval, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Talk about letting you feel welcomed and relaxed !! Jamaicans are wonderful people, our stay was close to perfect. Wonderful resort, food was great , beach and facilities awesome. Best thing about the rose hall was the staff. First time in Jamaica, frequent traveller to all inclusives, will definitely return.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 1200 range are on lobby and bar level.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort are grateful you choose our resort as your vacation destination and as such we must extend our gratitude. Thank you for your compliments and for taking the time to share. We will commend our wonderful staffs and will share your uplifting review with everyone. We take great pleasure in providing exceptional services and we are overjoyed each time the desired result is achieved. Thanks to you once again and we look forward to the next time you will return for another wonderful vacation. Thank you.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We stayed for 5 nights. My girlfiend and I had a junior suite ocean front. Her grown kids shared a garden view room. Both were clean. The beds were comfortable, and the bathrooms were great. Room service for food and for cleaning the rooms was fantastic. We enjoyed snorkeling, para sailing, swimming. The food was excellent, even for our picky eaters. Sunwing was there to help us book excursions off the resort. We did the Dunns River Falls climb. There are plenty of huts and trees on the beach for shade. We found the night life lacking, even though we are not real partyers! I do not enjoy draft beer, and was shocked when I went to order my first beer and was told draft only. Cans are for the mini fridge only. Overall we loved our vacation and plan to return to Iberostar in Jamaica.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort are grateful knowing your vacation experience was wonderful. We wish to extend our gratitude to you, your girlfriend and family for choosing our resort. Thank you for taking the time to share your review and we are happy you enjoyed our facilities. Your comments regarding the night life and the beer are noted and we apologize for any inconvenience caused. We will share with our team and do our utmost to improve where necessary. Once again thank you for making IBEROSTAR your choice and we look forward to the next time you will visit again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We came here (Summer 2013) after 5 summers of cruising, and found this resort to be as good (if not better) than some of the Princess and NCL cruises we took. The food was excellent! The entertainment (Star Friends) staff were fully interested in engaging all guests and they made the social experience wonderful.
Side note…we went to another Iberostar in DR after this fabulous experience, only to be disappointed by the lack of service. We had very high expectations, and that other Iberostar didn't live up to the quality of Montego Bay's resort. You set a high standard!

Room Tip: Select a third floor room for a better view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to extend our gratitude to you for selecting our Resort for your past summer vacation. Thank you for taking a moment to share your wonderful review which is highly appreciated. We are thrilled knowing that your visit to IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach was such a remarkable experience. Kindly accept our humble apologies on behalf of IBEROSTAR DR; we are sorry for the disappointment experienced. Nonetheless I can assure you that IBEROSTAR is committed to providing exceptional services and we hope you will continue to visit our resorts. Once again thank you for your uplifting review and we hope to extend welcome to you again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

My wedding at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach was not like anything I had imagined it would be. I thought my Jamaican destination wedding would be beautiful, relaxing and enjoyable experience and it was anything but. Everything was initially going soothly . I was talking to a wonderful wedding coordinator, Vanassa, who answered all of my questions thoroughly and timely. Vanassa came up with wonderful suggestions and gave us lots of options to choose from. Then 10 days before my wedding I received an e-mail from the Beach Hotel wedding department stating that they had booked the suite property ( where my wedding was supposed to take place) for another wedding because, due to clerical error, they thought I was getting married on 8.14.15 not 8.14.14. Although, I had signed a contract and made my deposit for the wedding to be at the Suite hotel on 8.14.14. In short, I was given the option to either still have the wedding at the suite property while another wedding was taking place or to use the beach property :o( I had a 13 year old in my wedding so we could not have the wedding at the grand hotel where we stayed. Therefore, we choose the beach property which was not nearly a nice as the other two hotels. I then asked for everything to be finalized in terms of our wedding choices and final costs. I then received information for someone else's wedding? Needless to say, everything was going down hill quickly. At the reception dinner I was told by the dinning staff that they were going to cancel dinner because not all of my guests were here and most were late. ( why would you cancel a group dinner at an all inclusive resort? Dinner is included any way so why not let people sit together and eat? Not to mention this is THE DAY BEFORE MY WEDDING) Come to find out most of my guests had trouble getting into the rehearsal dinner because dinner took place at the suite hotel steak house and some of my guests were staying at the beach hotel. Why did I bother making an excel spreadsheet of all of my guest's names, their hotel location, and menu choices for both the rehearsal dinner and the reception dinner? My guests said there was a serious lack of communication. They we left waiting on the beach in the sun waiting for me to arrive on my wedding day. I was left waiting in my mother's new suite while they were trying to resolve many logistical issues. My wedding start time came and went. Oh, and by the way, my parents and sister were relocated to different rooms( on my wedding day) due to a bed bug problem at the suites. My 13 year old sister , later, had an allergic reaction to bed bug bites and ended up in a Jamaican hospital (WOW). Moreover, the hotel tried to rectify the situation with my little sisters by giving them a free horse riding excursion. I mean really! The my littlest sister ended up in the hospital and Iberostar is like" it's ok just go horse back riding"(what?) My wedding dress was delayed in arriving because the laundry went to my parents original room but where told to leave because of the bed bug situation...Thank you so much Lance for your assistance because I was freaking out. At this point, I had all of my things to change for the wedding, but did not know where to go or where my family was or where my wedding dress was or why no one told me there were bed bugs in the room where I was going to get ready.... Ahhhhh! ( thank you Lenroy for staying with me while I cried hysterically in the suite hotel lobby 3 hours before my wedding) Once the wedding commenced it was so late in the evening we had very little time to take pictures because we lost daylight so rapidly. When the groom and I arrived at the disco for our private reception none of our guests where there. Our guests had apparently been left in the lobby for 30 plus minutes and where unclear on how to proceed to the disco exactly, so they went to their rooms to change and regroup. Meanwhile, my husband and I went to an empty reception and waited for our guests to arrive. No grand entrance or announcement of the newly weds. Our music was initially lost, but my wonderful husband (and apple genius) found a way to redownload all of our songs on our iPad. At the time I just thought he left the reception because he was so upset but when he returned I saw him go to the DJ booth and shortly after they announced our first dance. (Mind you we had been dancing for at least 30-40 minutes at this point) However, my wonderful husband came down to the dance floor with musqic soul child "love" playing in the background. It was so magical it was the first time that day the my crying was due to joy. In summary, we did not have a pleasant experience which made me very sad because this was our one and only wedding. All of the discounts in the world could not made up for this really unfortunately horrific experience.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your wedding. We are regretful to hear that your experience was disastrous and we wish to extend our humble apologies. We are truly sorry to hear about the unfortunate happenings. We do our utmost to assist all our valued customers and we are aware that weddings are extremely special occasions and as such we take extra care in handling all request. The error with your wedding was from the initial request was sent; as the requested date was for August 14, 2015 and the final confirmation was sent for date as requested. Notwithstanding we are truly sorry all did not go as expected. We are sorry If your guest were not aware of the rehearsal dinner however since the restaurant operates with seating times, after extreme delay it will not be possible to accommodate a large group as there are other reservations for the restaurant. We wish not to make excuses for the errors as we know the high significance of your wedding but only to clarify base on your comments. Our apologies for the delay in receiving your wedding dress and all other inconvenience incurred. The guest changing prior to reception resulted in a delay with their arrival time as they were all sent their beforehand but still they were not on time. The first dance could not happen without the song and as soon as it was received from your husband the staff proceeded accordingly. IBEROSTAR is committed to providing a level of service that meets and exceeds the expectation of our valued customers, regrettably based on your comments such was not accomplished. Once again or heartfelt apologies are extended and we must state that it is not our intention to have our beautiful brides, such as yourself, cry hysterically unless they are tears of joy.

As it relates to your comments concerning bed bugs, firstly I hope your sister already accomplish full recovery. This was dealt with by our team at the suites hotel and if there is any pending queries, please feel free to contact the hotel as there is more details as it relates to this situation. Thank you for sharing and we hope your perception of IBEROSTAR Hotels and Resort was not tarnished. For future reference we also recommend sharing your concerns while at the hotel so we are better able to assist where necessary. Thank you.

Laval, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I recommend this hotel. Nothing is perfect so we were not deceived. Bars ran out of lime and other things at end of day, so not reasonnable for the standard of that type of hotel. Food was great. I had 2 steaks in my week and both were excellent. Buffet was good. A lot of variety. Restaurant manager (Sergio) was very nice and helpfull. I am very surprise to read from other critics that the staff was rude. Must be related to how you treat them. Everybody was nice and smily to us.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort for your past vacation. The management and staff are thankful knowing you enjoyed your stay and your recommendation is vastly appreciated. We must apologize for any inconvenience experienced at the bar due to items being out of stocked. Our staffs are genuinely friendly and I am happy you are able to attest to their friendliness. Thank you for taking the time to share and we hope to see you again for your next vacation.

Online Reputation Manager

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!