We stayed from Feb 5-12, 2014, had a wonderful week, weather cooperated and was perfect all week. Hotel was beautiful, very clean. The Star Friends staff were very friendly, always singing, dancing, ready to have a good time! I would say a definite asset to the Iberostar resort!
First night there we enjoyed their Pirate Beach Party, with games, drinks and dancing, so much fun, recommend that you don't miss it!
Rooms were clean, fresh, spacious, we were upgraded to a ocean view suite (unbeknownst to us and much to our surprise) and had turn down service each night complete with a chocolate on each of our pillows. The view, beautiful!
Beach and pools, amazing, like most ocean settings. Water was clear, no rocks, little seaweed (except in a few spots closer to the pier). Always able to find a chair, even in a party of 20+ that we were. Pool was nice, never full, clean in mornings, slightly filmy in the afternoons due to spilled drinks and sunscreen- to be expected! Tons of entertainment at the pool, if you are up for games and music then this is the place for you. Drinks flow freely whether at the beach or pool, always a friendly, smiling face ready to fill your cup!
Food- great, be it at the buffet or any of the a la cartes. We tried the Cajun and the Steakhouse, both superb. Buffet never had lineups, food was always hot and fresh and no shortage of anything. We also ate at the snack bar down by the beach, which was just as good, serving hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken burgers and nachos, as well as a variety of other foods.
Bars- plenty of places to find drinks. From the main lobby to the music bar to the pools and beach and even the snack bar had a self serve beer tap.
Excursions- we did the Luminous Lagoon, excellent and worth it for the dip in the warm colourful water. We also did the Catamaran which went to Dunns' river Falls, would definitely recommend this. Catamaran was a major party boat (on the way home), met some great people and the Falls were the highlight!
Remember to take money with you on this excursion even though you are told not to, and your camera as they have guides who will take pics for you.
We were there to enjoy a wedding for a family member and the resort did an amazing job with the set up and the festivities. As a guest (and last minute photographer) it seemed flawless. Getting married on a beach, who could ask for anything more beautiful.
Overall, wonderful holiday, beautiful resort, great location, friendly, happy people. A definite thumbs up!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This new 5-star- hotel is located in beautiful Montego Bay, Jamaica. Directly on the beach. Elegant colonial design. Water sports galore. Scuba diving. 3 specialty restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, VISIT US, INC. , Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Iberostar
- Iberostar Rose Hall Jamaica
- Iberostar Jamaica
- Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel Jamaica - Montego Bay