“Amazing Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall Main Road, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Rose Hall
Mansfield, MA
“Amazing Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Where to start, first off the people are just amazing and friendly, I read so many reviews about unfriendly natives well the only unfriendly people were some tourists, Jamaicans are the most welcoming warm people, I have been to many Caribbean Islands and Europe and Jamaica was by far the friendliest!!!
The resort was small but beautiful and so well kept.
Our room was amazing ocean front view was spectacular. Food was great all the time variety and quality great! The servers in the Buffet especially Cassandra were so wonderful and Cassandra sang every morning while she worked I just loved her!!
The drinks were top notch and the 3 POOL bar tenders were so wonderful!!!
The star friends crew so friendly ALL the time!!
Beach was amazing cleaned every morning, and plenty of beach and pool chairs all the time.
Dunn’s River falls tour great has so much fun!!
We were 7 people with 4 - 20 something’s and they had so much fun entertained all day/night!!
My only complaint was the hairdryer so bring your own; if that is my only complaint then you know this was a wonderful vacation!!
We will be returning to Iberostar Rose Hall Beach as soon as possible :)

Room Tip: all rooms are great!! we were in room 2236 amazing, my sister in room 2424 a little musty smell but...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. The time taken to share your review is highly appreciated; thank you. We are delighted knowing the top notch services provided were all enjoyed and that you had an amazing vacation. We will applaud our friendly staffs especially Cassandra for continually providing excellent service to our value customers. Thanks to you again for sharing your review and it will be our pleasure to extend welcome to you again. See you on your next vacation!

2,575 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
  • Polish first
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach for 2 weeks from Feb. 5 to Feb 19/14. We had chosen this resort for our wedding, based on a recommendation from a family friend. Of course, like anyone else, I continually read the reviews on trip advisor and decided that I would make my own opinion of the resort once we got there.
Well all I can say is......................FANTASTIC! We had 25 other people join us for our wedding and a week of fun and boy did we all have fun. This resort and its staff make everyone feel like family. It is very clean, very organized and nice a close to the airport. It is located centrally, so if you want to do different excursions the most time you will spend on a bus is about 1.5 hours.
From the moment we checked in to the moment we left, we felt like we were the only people there. The staff knew our entire party by the 2nd day and once our guests left, they would ask about them every time we saw them.
The food was great, the best place to get a drink was the lobby bar and the best place to relax was on the beach in front of Tony's steakhouse.
I would like to thank the wedding coordinators Santena and Vanassa for the fantastic job they did on our wedding. It is a day that will be remembered forever. Everything went off without a hitch, I don't know why I worried so much.
The rooms were a nice size, the air conditioning worked too well sometimes, and there were no issues with smells or things not working.
One thing I would like to recommend however is that the fridge get stocked more often, with water at least. I think that the fridges should be checked everyday to ensure that there is at least a couple of bottles of water for the guest to enjoy. We had to call quite often to get water brought to our room and sometimes we would not get any for a day or two. But other than that.....my husband would say that it should be stocked with beer more often and that too I agree with. I know that you can get a drink anytime, but sometimes you just want to sit on your balcony and enjoy the tranquility of the ocean without having to leave to go get a drink.
If you like snorkelling, the reef just in front of the hotel is great. Tons of different sea life to be seen and on a calm day, it is a fantastic way to spend some time. The best times to snorkel out front are early in the morning and later in the afternoon.
There are plenty of things to do at the resort on a daily basis. something is always going on by the pool or at the beach.
From what I saw, the kids club was great. Rainbow did a fantastic job with the kids it seemed. She was always walking around with them and always doing different things with them. Great job.
I would also suggest that you bring Jamaican money to spend, if you buy in the resort with American money, most of the time you will get your change in Jamaican dollars with no exchange. They give you the change dollar for dollar. not a big deal, just a heads up.

I am hoping that I will go back on day!

Room Tip: Ocean front is awesome!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort wishes to express our gratitude to you for choosing our resort. We are thrilled that you have allowed us the opportunity to host such an extremely special occasion as your wedding. Santena and Vanessa are committed to providing excellent services and they do their utmost to ensure the bride and groom requests are met therefore we are happy your special day was fantastic! We will commend them for the remarkable job they have done. Your comment regarding the refilling of the mini fridge was noted and we will do our best to improve; we apologize for delay in stocking the mini fridge based on your request. We are grateful that you and members from your group all enjoyed the time spent with us. We will applaud all our staffs for the excellent team work done thereby allowing everyone the pleasure of a fantastic experience. Thank you again and we look forward to the next time we will have the privilege to extend welcome to you again.

Smiths Falls Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I would begin by saying that if you are looking for perfection; you are n the wrong lifetime. I have read reviews about this resort before going and would say that 9/10 people are more than satisfied with this resort and many rave about their experience. My wife and I would fit into the latter category. We traveled with another couple and they too were excited about their stay here. The ocean view junior suites are awesome. The four of us enjoyed the beach in the mornings and the last couple of hours each day at the pool. The food and drinks were enjoyable with great variety of both. As mentioned by many others; the friendly staff are the best asset of this resort. I cannot emphasize this too much. The highlight for my wife and I was our daily visit to the local vendors. They are just off the resort property; over the wharf where the boats are moored. The booths are rustic and the resort has posted a sign saying that; you leave the property at your own risk. We felt at no risk while there. if you would like to meet some of the local people and enjoy bartering for beaded bracelets, necklaces and other souvenir trinkets; this is the place to go. Tell the vendors that; "John and Susan referred you". You may get our discount.

Room Tip: The ocean view is awesome.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. We are thrilled to hear that your vacation was completely enjoyed. We appreciate the time taken to share your wonderful review and we are thankful that the other couple had a wonderful time as well. We will applaud our friendly staffs for the remarkable jobs they have done thereby allowing your experience with us to be exceptional. Thanks to you again for choosing our resort and we look forward to the next time we will have the privilege to extend welcome to you again. Thank you!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Just came back from iberostar rose hall beach with my family and it was one of the best vacations we've done so far. Great service, great beach, great selection at the buffet food and very clean. I've seen bigger buffets but it still had great selection. This hotel is great for families with kids. If your traveling as a couple and is looking for some alone romantic time.... This place is not for you! Staff was wonderful especially with my kids

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for selecting our resort as your preferred vacation destination. We do our utmost to always provide exceptional services thereby contributing to vacations being unforgettable and we are thankful that our desired result was achieved with you. We will applaud our staffs for the remarkable services offered; we are proud to have them as part of our team. Thank you for sharing and for your recommendation. We hope to see you again for your next vacation. Thank you!

Woodstock, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Just returned from 8 days at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach,Mo Bay,travelled Feb 19 -27th/14,we had a great time,weather was perfect,half hour of rain was all we had.Food was good,loved the jerk chicken,tried the Steakhouse alacarte,it was very good too.Beach was nice,soft sand,raked every morning,more rocks and gravel at the Grand and Suites hotels to the left side. Lots of shade,good snorkling just out front,grounds were nicely kept.We had a beautiful pool/oceanview room #1322,shower worked well,lots of hot water,a/c worked great, staff and management were friendly and helpful. We would not hesitate to return,we have been to other resorts in the Carribean,4& &5 Stars but Iberostar Rose Hall Beach has become our favorite so far.

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort wishes to express our gratitude to you for spending your past vacation with us. We are grateful that during your 8 days you were able to relax and enjoy the delicious food especially the jerk chicken, the beauty of our property and the excellent services provided by the management and staff. Thank you for sharing your wonderful review and we anticipate the next time we will have the opportunity to extend warm welcome to you again.

Vaughan, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Family trip to Iberostar Rose Hall Beach. We really don't feel we need high end amenities when we spend all day at the beach. So a well priced, well situated property with good service is what we were looking for, and that's what we got. In that respect, Iberostar met expectations.
Being close to the airport is a big plus. The airport was efficient and the drive short. However, we waited 45 minutes for other flights to arrive before the bus left, which was annoying.
Front desk service throughout our stay was exemplary. Service on the beach and at the bars was efficient, friendly and enthusiastic. We tipped sometimes and not other times. The staff was always willing to assist either way. This is one of the things we have liked about Jamaica over a few visits. Most staff enjoy guest interaction and seem genuinely dedicated to providing quality service.
I would classify the restaurants here as only average. There was some very good food, but plenty of mediocre food. Buffet had some theme meals, but like any buffet became repetitive. Some good local foods (curried goat, ackee and saltfish, various escovetch dishes.) It was well stocked including the everpresent and good jerk chicken (and pork and sausage,) fresh juice bar, fresh fruit bar, breads, replete with line-ups at the toaster, the ubiquitous varieties of whitefish, deli meats and cereal bar (which contained mostly kiddie options.) The a la cartes were, like at some other all-inclusives, less successful. Jambalaya, the Cajun restaurant, was our least favourite. The grouper was outstanding, a big fillet cooked to perfection, but everything else on the plate could only be classified as bizzarre. There was a mango slop that looked like it was squeezed from a no-name grocery store bottle. A rib-eye ordered by one of us was virtually inedible. Lobster bisque was truly strange, as was the other soup which tasted more like the pasta sauce on one of our entrees. Dessert was awful. Only the appetizer bar, with some good coconut shrimp, smoked mackerel, and fresh salads made the visit palable.
The Japanese was just passable. Sushi, of which I am a big fan, was dense and flavourless. (this is interesting, because some fresh sushi in the buffet two days earlier was quite good) In the almost cliche we-cook-in-front-of-you session, everything was prepared in loads of soy sauce. Chicken and shrimp were very overcooked. Fried rice passed the test.
The best was the steak house. Efficient service, although rushed with no sense of pacing, good appetizer bar and mains. Forgettable desserts. (throughout the resort, desserts looked infinitely better than they tasted) House wines are better than at some other resorts. Premium liquors and occasional Heinekins are available at some of the bars on request for no additional charge which is appreciated.
The beach is good, as is the relatively small but perfecty adequate infinity pool. Beach swimming was good, especially early in the morning before the wind came up. Some snorkelling with a bit to see in nearby rock beds. Apparently, the snorkelling excursions from the diveshop were interesting and well-priced.
The poolside entertainment staff ensures that those who want to be involved have lots to do. But they weren't pushy if you wanted to just sit and read. Note to anyone wanting a quiet poolside: from mid-morning to late afternoon, it is music and games and noise. Lots of quiet sun and shade on the beach for those wanting to escape it. Hotel is well laid out and everything you need is not too far away. Kudos to the cleaners. The property is well maintained and immaculate. Rooms are average but perfectly fine. Bed was comfy. Bell staff was helpful with arranging drivers for excursions. Enjoyed watching some olympics at the sports bar with a pool table for additional enjoyment. (needs new felt and balls but it's all good) Staff was kind enough to put on the gold medal women's hockey game even though the bar was not yet open for biz. evening shows are not my bag, but they were what one would expect at a resort like this.
Two annoyances: in theory, guests from all three Iberostar properties can walk the entire beach, just not use all facilities. We enjoy a long morning walk, but I was perturbed at being followed and watched by uniformed security when walking on the Grand beach. Others commented on the same thing. I get it: if I try to use the hotel bar, stop me. But if I'm out for a liesurely stroll, back off. Just because I'm wearing a different coloured wristband does not mean I'm abusing the system. Also: time to update the wifi policy. I don't want to spend my vacation on the internet, but I just want to check in daily to see how things are at home. Please just include it in the price and be done with it.
Thanks to many staff who made the visit a pleasure: Lava Child, Smiley, Tootsie Roll, Lorenco, beach bartenders and servers, the professional front desk staff and the lobby bar and sports bar staff among others.

Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. We would also like to extend our gratitude to you for taking the time to share your review. We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the meal at each restaurants. We do our utmost to provide a wide variety of selections so as to ensure everyone is able to find something to enjoy and we are sorry if we did not meet your expectation; we are thankful that the traditional Jamaican dishes were enjoyed. Your comments regarding the Wi-Fi and the security watching you while you walk on the beach of the Grand are noted and our humble apologies are extended for any inconvenience caused. We will commend our hardworking staffs especially those mentioned by names for the excellent services they provide. Thank you for choosing Iberostar and we hope you will visit again for another vacation. Thank you.

Provost
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Very impressed with the variety every night on the buffets, very high quality, very unique for an all inclusive. Very easy to get around, easy to get to know your way quickly. Easy access to all shopping, buffets, washrooms and bars.
Beautiful sand beaches with lots of shade when needed, and also with perfect pools, might have been nice to have a gradual pool for little kids. Ocean was calm because of reef and great for little ones to play.
Loved the option of drink service when you are relaxing at pool or beach. Very much appreciated and enjoyed the gardens, flowers and tons of palms and beautiful flowering hedges, awesome.
The Ala Carte selection was only 3 restaurants, and we felt they very much lacked the quality, finesse, and GOURMET food we have experienced other resorts.
Most all of the service people were awesome. We really loved our favorites, they went above and beyond.
Drinks were above and beyond fabulous. Great variety and each Bartender had their own specialty. Too cool.
A/C was fantastic, kept up at all times. Mini bar was fabulous, but I would have appreciated it being refilled daily instead of every second day. Everything very clean and fresh, which was sure nice considering the humidity. Our fan didn't work, took a few days to get that fixed. Our beds were not great and the pillows were very bad. Blow dryers were a dryer hose coming out of the wall. Need some updating there. I completely understand the need for lights to be on timers, but the clock radio was hard wired in (also on timer), you would have to reset it 5 times a day. :( We were almost late for the wedding we were there for because of that.
Overall I would very much recommend this resort. Enjoyed our winter vacation very much.

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our resort. We are happy to hear that the variety of dishes provided by the buffet was impressive and that you enjoyed the beauty of our property. Your comment regarding the food at the a la carte restaurants were noted and we are sorry if you did not enjoy. We are thankful that you enjoyed the exceptional services offered by our staffs and the drink specials provided by each bartender. Our maintenance team works efficiently correcting all reported errors therefore we are sincerely sorry that the fan wasn’t fix on the same day it was reported. We apologize if your clock was on timer as we do have alternative connect for the clock so as to ensure it is not on a timer. Your comment regarding the blow dryer and the pool for kids was noted; we do have a kids pool however this is located on the playground of the kids club. Iberostar is committed to offering excellent services and we will do our utmost to improve where necessary. Thank you for taking the time to share your review and for your recommendation. We hope we will have the privilege to extend welcome to you gain.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!