“Best Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall Main Road, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Rose Hall
“Best Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Just came back from iberostar rose hall beach with my family and it was one of the best vacations we've done so far. Great service, great beach, great selection at the buffet food and very clean. I've seen bigger buffets but it still had great selection. This hotel is great for families with kids. If your traveling as a couple and is looking for some alone romantic time.... This place is not for you! Staff was wonderful especially with my kids

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for selecting our resort as your preferred vacation destination. We do our utmost to always provide exceptional services thereby contributing to vacations being unforgettable and we are thankful that our desired result was achieved with you. We will applaud our staffs for the remarkable services offered; we are proud to have them as part of our team. Thank you for sharing and for your recommendation. We hope to see you again for your next vacation. Thank you!

2,513 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (524)
  • Polish first
Woodstock, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Just returned from 8 days at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach,Mo Bay,travelled Feb 19 -27th/14,we had a great time,weather was perfect,half hour of rain was all we had.Food was good,loved the jerk chicken,tried the Steakhouse alacarte,it was very good too.Beach was nice,soft sand,raked every morning,more rocks and gravel at the Grand and Suites hotels to the left side. Lots of shade,good snorkling just out front,grounds were nicely kept.We had a beautiful pool/oceanview room #1322,shower worked well,lots of hot water,a/c worked great, staff and management were friendly and helpful. We would not hesitate to return,we have been to other resorts in the Carribean,4& &5 Stars but Iberostar Rose Hall Beach has become our favorite so far.

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort wishes to express our gratitude to you for spending your past vacation with us. We are grateful that during your 8 days you were able to relax and enjoy the delicious food especially the jerk chicken, the beauty of our property and the excellent services provided by the management and staff. Thank you for sharing your wonderful review and we anticipate the next time we will have the opportunity to extend warm welcome to you again.

Vaughan, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Family trip to Iberostar Rose Hall Beach. We really don't feel we need high end amenities when we spend all day at the beach. So a well priced, well situated property with good service is what we were looking for, and that's what we got. In that respect, Iberostar met expectations.
Being close to the airport is a big plus. The airport was efficient and the drive short. However, we waited 45 minutes for other flights to arrive before the bus left, which was annoying.
Front desk service throughout our stay was exemplary. Service on the beach and at the bars was efficient, friendly and enthusiastic. We tipped sometimes and not other times. The staff was always willing to assist either way. This is one of the things we have liked about Jamaica over a few visits. Most staff enjoy guest interaction and seem genuinely dedicated to providing quality service.
I would classify the restaurants here as only average. There was some very good food, but plenty of mediocre food. Buffet had some theme meals, but like any buffet became repetitive. Some good local foods (curried goat, ackee and saltfish, various escovetch dishes.) It was well stocked including the everpresent and good jerk chicken (and pork and sausage,) fresh juice bar, fresh fruit bar, breads, replete with line-ups at the toaster, the ubiquitous varieties of whitefish, deli meats and cereal bar (which contained mostly kiddie options.) The a la cartes were, like at some other all-inclusives, less successful. Jambalaya, the Cajun restaurant, was our least favourite. The grouper was outstanding, a big fillet cooked to perfection, but everything else on the plate could only be classified as bizzarre. There was a mango slop that looked like it was squeezed from a no-name grocery store bottle. A rib-eye ordered by one of us was virtually inedible. Lobster bisque was truly strange, as was the other soup which tasted more like the pasta sauce on one of our entrees. Dessert was awful. Only the appetizer bar, with some good coconut shrimp, smoked mackerel, and fresh salads made the visit palable.
The Japanese was just passable. Sushi, of which I am a big fan, was dense and flavourless. (this is interesting, because some fresh sushi in the buffet two days earlier was quite good) In the almost cliche we-cook-in-front-of-you session, everything was prepared in loads of soy sauce. Chicken and shrimp were very overcooked. Fried rice passed the test.
The best was the steak house. Efficient service, although rushed with no sense of pacing, good appetizer bar and mains. Forgettable desserts. (throughout the resort, desserts looked infinitely better than they tasted) House wines are better than at some other resorts. Premium liquors and occasional Heinekins are available at some of the bars on request for no additional charge which is appreciated.
The beach is good, as is the relatively small but perfecty adequate infinity pool. Beach swimming was good, especially early in the morning before the wind came up. Some snorkelling with a bit to see in nearby rock beds. Apparently, the snorkelling excursions from the diveshop were interesting and well-priced.
The poolside entertainment staff ensures that those who want to be involved have lots to do. But they weren't pushy if you wanted to just sit and read. Note to anyone wanting a quiet poolside: from mid-morning to late afternoon, it is music and games and noise. Lots of quiet sun and shade on the beach for those wanting to escape it. Hotel is well laid out and everything you need is not too far away. Kudos to the cleaners. The property is well maintained and immaculate. Rooms are average but perfectly fine. Bed was comfy. Bell staff was helpful with arranging drivers for excursions. Enjoyed watching some olympics at the sports bar with a pool table for additional enjoyment. (needs new felt and balls but it's all good) Staff was kind enough to put on the gold medal women's hockey game even though the bar was not yet open for biz. evening shows are not my bag, but they were what one would expect at a resort like this.
Two annoyances: in theory, guests from all three Iberostar properties can walk the entire beach, just not use all facilities. We enjoy a long morning walk, but I was perturbed at being followed and watched by uniformed security when walking on the Grand beach. Others commented on the same thing. I get it: if I try to use the hotel bar, stop me. But if I'm out for a liesurely stroll, back off. Just because I'm wearing a different coloured wristband does not mean I'm abusing the system. Also: time to update the wifi policy. I don't want to spend my vacation on the internet, but I just want to check in daily to see how things are at home. Please just include it in the price and be done with it.
Thanks to many staff who made the visit a pleasure: Lava Child, Smiley, Tootsie Roll, Lorenco, beach bartenders and servers, the professional front desk staff and the lobby bar and sports bar staff among others.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. We would also like to extend our gratitude to you for taking the time to share your review. We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the meal at each restaurants. We do our utmost to provide a wide variety of selections so as to ensure everyone is able to find something to enjoy and we are sorry if we did not meet your expectation; we are thankful that the traditional Jamaican dishes were enjoyed. Your comments regarding the Wi-Fi and the security watching you while you walk on the beach of the Grand are noted and our humble apologies are extended for any inconvenience caused. We will commend our hardworking staffs especially those mentioned by names for the excellent services they provide. Thank you for choosing Iberostar and we hope you will visit again for another vacation. Thank you.

Provost
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Very impressed with the variety every night on the buffets, very high quality, very unique for an all inclusive. Very easy to get around, easy to get to know your way quickly. Easy access to all shopping, buffets, washrooms and bars.
Beautiful sand beaches with lots of shade when needed, and also with perfect pools, might have been nice to have a gradual pool for little kids. Ocean was calm because of reef and great for little ones to play.
Loved the option of drink service when you are relaxing at pool or beach. Very much appreciated and enjoyed the gardens, flowers and tons of palms and beautiful flowering hedges, awesome.
The Ala Carte selection was only 3 restaurants, and we felt they very much lacked the quality, finesse, and GOURMET food we have experienced other resorts.
Most all of the service people were awesome. We really loved our favorites, they went above and beyond.
Drinks were above and beyond fabulous. Great variety and each Bartender had their own specialty. Too cool.
A/C was fantastic, kept up at all times. Mini bar was fabulous, but I would have appreciated it being refilled daily instead of every second day. Everything very clean and fresh, which was sure nice considering the humidity. Our fan didn't work, took a few days to get that fixed. Our beds were not great and the pillows were very bad. Blow dryers were a dryer hose coming out of the wall. Need some updating there. I completely understand the need for lights to be on timers, but the clock radio was hard wired in (also on timer), you would have to reset it 5 times a day. :( We were almost late for the wedding we were there for because of that.
Overall I would very much recommend this resort. Enjoyed our winter vacation very much.

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our resort. We are happy to hear that the variety of dishes provided by the buffet was impressive and that you enjoyed the beauty of our property. Your comment regarding the food at the a la carte restaurants were noted and we are sorry if you did not enjoy. We are thankful that you enjoyed the exceptional services offered by our staffs and the drink specials provided by each bartender. Our maintenance team works efficiently correcting all reported errors therefore we are sincerely sorry that the fan wasn’t fix on the same day it was reported. We apologize if your clock was on timer as we do have alternative connect for the clock so as to ensure it is not on a timer. Your comment regarding the blow dryer and the pool for kids was noted; we do have a kids pool however this is located on the playground of the kids club. Iberostar is committed to offering excellent services and we will do our utmost to improve where necessary. Thank you for taking the time to share your review and for your recommendation. We hope we will have the privilege to extend welcome to you gain.

London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

My husband and I went to the beautiful Ibreostar and had a great time. Our holiday started off bad with Sunwing losing my suitcase. We arrived in Jamaica on Sunday but my suitcase not until Wednesday night. I would suggest to anyone to split your clothing etc. and as much clothes as you can in your carry on. The rep was helpful but it was annoying dealing with this issue. Our room was beautiful, king size bed with a garden view of the ocean. Everything in this resort is soo clean and the staff are amazing. We loved the beach, pools and all the cocktails. The buffets are great and we went to all the a la carts. Tony's Steak House was great, we also loved having jerk chicken cooked right on the beach. My husband loved the beach volleyball and we both liked snorkelling. The staff are so good..very hard working. The entertainment staff are awesome especially Tootsie Roll, he is so much fun. This truly was paradice and we just loved all the food, fun and sun. Would definately go back to this resort.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. We are grateful that you had an amazing holiday and the exceptional services offered by all our dedicated staffs were enjoyed. We will applaud them especially Tootsie Roll for contributing to your vacation so significantly. We are thankful that the delicious food provided by our highly trained chefs were enjoyed. Thank you for sharing your review and once again for choosing Iberostar. We look forward to the next time we will have the pleasure to extend welcome to you again. Thank you.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I got married here and returned for our anniversary. It felt good that the staff remembered us after a year and the resort has a personalized feel. There are three properties on the resort. Iberostar Beach, Iberostar Suites and Iberostar Grand. I stayed at the Suites and got married at the Beach. On our return stay we stayed at the Beach. I think 5 stars are a bit generous for Beach and feel Suites and Grand are certainly deserving of the rating and worth the extra money. There is a very obvious difference between how guest are treated. From a customer service standpoint I found the staff at the Suites much more accommodating of special requests than the staff at the Beach. I got the impression that Beach patrons are not viewed as big spenders and should just be satisfied with whatever they offer. I felt a lot more catered to at the Suites and special requests were not a problem.
The food at the Japanese restaurant is great and dinner at the steakhouse is good. The Cajun restaurant was not good at all. Ketchup on rice was served as jambalaya. Bartenders and servers are great. I preferred the buffet at Suites but the buffet at Beach was fine. Don't do late night food. It was not kept at proper temperature. I couldn't sleep at 3 am and went down to grab a snack. Cold pizza and food that obviously had been sitting for hours were on a buffet. There was no attendant and dirty dishes piled up. This was a food related illness waiting to happen.
The rooms are spacious but are damp and a bit musty. You don't get as many pillows at the Beach as you do at the Suites. There was no noise from the hall or other rooms. Even with an oceanfront room you don't hear much when your balcony door is closed.
Bottom line is Beach is not really a value compared to other resorts in the area but you will be treated as if it is. I suggest paying the extra money to stay at the other properties. When you stay at the other properties you still get access to the Beach which will give you more dinner options. I probably won't return again simply because I brought 70 people with me to my wedding last year and our party happily spent 6 figures USD across all 3 properties when we were there. All of my money should be good money regardless of where I stay. I don't mind a difference of amenities but I shouldn't notice a difference in service based on the color of my wristband.

Room Tip: Rooms at the suites and grand are much better and worth the extra cost
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort would like to thank you for choosing our resort. The time taken to share your review is appreciated; thank you. We grateful that you choose Iberostar for your wedding and that you returned for your anniversary. We apologize if you were disappointed in the service however please be advised that at each resort we offer exceptional services however the amenities for each is different. If a request is made for an amenity that is not included in the package whilst staying at the beach resort we do our utmost to find an alternative to assist our valued customers however we will also courteously communicate that the amenity requested is not apart of the package. In regards to the late night snack we apologize if it was not up to standard and we will take the necessary steps and improve where necessary. We are happy to hear that the bartenders and the servicers were great and we will commend them. Once again kindly accept our humble apologies for any inconvenience you encountered. Thank you and we hope you will continue to visit Iberostar Resorts

Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I have never taken the time to write a review before and been on many vacations over 20 years however this resort/location was the best overall experience I have had on any vacation! Booking with AirCanada Vacations - I would highly recommend this resort based on great atmosphere, INCREDIBLE STAFF that go out of their way to get to know everyone and the wonderful facilities and beach/pool. I cannot say enough about the staff who work incredibly hard but seem to enjoy their jobs so much! This positive energy is very apparent and is refreshing to be around! The food was perfect - lots to choice from, fresh and again great service. THANK YOU IBEROSTAR! Jamaica is amazing mon! Hi to Sergio, Patrice and Michael (beach restaurant) who are a few of the outstanding employees that give so much enthusiasm to their job!

Room Tip: Book an oceanfront room - beautiful and nice balcony! Corner rooms have huge balconies
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort would like to thank you for choosing our resort. We appreciate the time taken to share your review and our gratitude is extended. We are thrilled that overall you had the best vacation experience here at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach. It was our pleasure to provide the outstanding services thereby allowing your experience to be wonderful. Our staffs are dedicated and enjoys doing their job, we will commend them especially those mentioned by names. Thanks to you again for sharing your review and we hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
#25 of 63 in Montego Bay
3.5 of 5 stars 3,568 reviews
Free Breakfast...
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!