“The staff make this hotel!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel

You added Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall Main Road | Little River, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London
“The staff make this hotel!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Firstly I must admit that I am not a fan of big chain hotels but I was pleasantly surprised with Iberostar.

The staff are very friendly and accommodating, they give the hotel some personality.

The view from our balcony was breathtaking! Hotel is only a 20 minute drive from the airport, however the hotel does feel a little isolated as far as location. But they always have taxi's outside and provide a shuttle to the local shopping area. Be careful of the taxi drivers that "don't have change"

The biggest disappointment by far was the lack of authentic Jamaican cuisine. The food was plentiful and nice but definitely not Jamaican.

Overall I had an enjoyable stay but wasn't blown away.

• Stayed October 2013
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. We are pleased that you were able to enjoy the wonderful services provided by our friendly and accommodating staff, they are indeed an asset to our hotel. Kindly accept our humble apologies for the disappointment you encountered as it relates to authentic Jamaican Cuisine. We do provide a variety of Jamaican dishes however based on your review you believe we could improve in this area and we will do our utmost where possible. Thank you for taking the time to share your review and we hope you will visit again for another vacation.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (661)
  • Polish first
Field, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Part 1 - Wedding

My parents visited this resort last year and had only good things to say about it. So we choose this resort for our destination wedding. I will try to keep this short but I know that wont be possible, there are so many wonderful things to say about it, with a couple very very minor issues.

We arrived at the airport in Montego Bay, Our westjet tour reps were waiting for us with our wedding group name, from the moment we arrived we were treated very very well.
After a short and informative drive to the resort we went to front desk to check in. It was a very quick process. We were upgraded to a ocean view suite which was incredible. I have read on a few reviews before we left about how rude and unfriendly the front desk staff were. I'm not sure why people could say this. We were there for 10 days, and went to front desk numerous times for various things, from purchasing wifi, sorting out getting my dress steamed, paying for the wedding etc.. every time absolutely wonderful friendly faces. George, Shelly Ann and Carlos were always a treat to talk to! So don't take the negative reviews about them seriously.

We were taken to our room by a friendly bellman, unsure of his name but he asked us every day how we were doing and if we needed anything. He was great.

The westjet rep at the hotel was great, she set us up with Patrina, she took great care of us, we were interested in booking a group excursion with our guests and it was so simple, even though some of our guests went with sunwing and some with westjet. She even got us a better price because we had so many going!

The wedding planners are incredible. They are so friendly, and happy. We met with Vanessa the day after we arrived for about 30 minutes, to go over all our final details. We met with Santeena the next day when we brought the decorations we brought with us to them. We told them how we wanted everything set up. These ladies plan and execute so many weddings and don't even stress over it. We saw these wonderful ladies every single day and were so calm and would always stop to talk to us and ask how our day was going and see what we had planned. We saw weddings every single day we were there, and one day we saw 2. One of which was 130 people. Again, we saw Vanessa and she stopped to talk to us for a while. They are super busy ladies but get it done exactly how you want it, even better. Sometimes it takes a little while for them to respond to emails but once you see how busy they are you will understand why. I never had any issues, I compiled a list of questions and about 2 months before the wedding I sent one big email instead of sending emails weekly. If you are considering using this resort for your wedding please do not hesitate. Incredible!!
The day of the wedding it rained a lot for about 30 minutes. I was stressing a little because they weren't setting up at our location (it was below our room) They were preparing to set up in the backup location. Luckily the rain cleared and we were able to have it on the beach.
When we arrived at Uncle Tony's (the steakhouse) for our wedding dinner I was blown away, I was so shocked with how beautiful everything was. We brought table runners, chair sashes and small centerpieces with us and they added a few extra things at no extra charge.
I cook for a living so I am a little picky about food. It was so delicious! I hardly ate mine because I was quite uncomfortable in my big dress, plus all the excitement. But everyone was extremely happy with there meals. We went to each table and asked all our guests if they were happy. We had 60 guests and some of them are fussy and it is impossible to make them happy...
The wedding cake was delicious! We had a 3 tier cake. We didn't bring a cake topper with us and they made sure to put one there. I cant say enough great things about the hard work that everyone does at this resort.

There is nothing negative I could possibly say about the wedding. It was absolutely more than We ever imagined.

Part 2 - Rest of the trip

Rooms - our room was beautiful, the fridge (which isn't really a real fridge it is a cool box) worked great. Kept everything very cold. Anyone that didn't like the temperature of it could easily go down the hall to get ice from the machine. (even though Jamaica is a third world country it is part of the british commonwealth so the water is safe)
The housekeeping staff were fantastic. We didn't require our room to be done everyday so we would inform our housekeeper in the morning if we wanted it done or not. She was always so happy and cheerful when we say her. By the end of our trip she we would hug her when we say her. I had requested our room to be done early the day of the wedding and it was her day off, so she was going to leave a note for whoever was working the next day. Due to the fact it was a busy week she worked an extra day and our room was the first one she did. I am bad with names so I don't remember hers either but she was so wonderful! We are friendly people and say hello to everyone and ask how there day is going and most everyone we spoke to in the housekeeping department were friendly back to us, One of our guests said her housekeeper was rude to her, but we never experienced anything but excellent service.
We visited a few of our guests rooms throughout the 10 days, and one guest didn't like the room they were in, and changed rooms twice but they are super picky people so I didn't even believe them that there was a problem.
My sister said she saw a cockroach when they went into the room the first night. That I don't take to seriously, We have been to a few carribean resorts from 3.5 - 5 star and I have seen them in all of them so I wasn't worried.
The bed in our room was very comfortable. I slept great everynight. They are very smart in putting an extra door in the room to block off the bedroom from the closet and bathroom area. Completely blocks out outside noise.
From previous vacations I found some rooms were musty smelling, I took a plug in air freshener with us and our room smelled wonderful!

FOOD - I don't even know where to begin. The buffet was incredible. Breakfast had a big variety, 2 omelet stations, homemade doughnuts dipped in chocolate, Waffles, fluffy pancakes.. Amazing!! The star friends would come eat with the guests which was nice (they would always ask first)
Lunch most days we had at the main buffet. They have high standards, so if your just leaving the beach and dripping with water you wont be able to go in and eat. Some people were offended by this but I think its a great idea. If I were to go in and sit in a soaking wet chair I wouldn't be happy about it.
There was always a big selection. There was only one night that I wasn't impressed with dinner but that's because I am picky about food. If it comes from the water it doesn't go in my mouth. Friday night had quite a bit of fish. Saturday made up for it. Roasted turkey!! I was so happy because turkey is my absolute favorite thing in the world. Luckily we were there for 2 Saturdays :)
We had our rehearsal dinner at the Japanese and everyone loved it. Its the same as any Japanese restaurant at an all inclusive, very entertaining. We went back again because it was so good! We also went back to the steakhouse another night because it was also very great!

The late night snack shack was good.. They would have chicken breast, hamburgers, hotdogs all the toppings for hot dogs and burgers, you could make salads as well. There was delicious pizza there as well as desserts. What would have made it Great would have been some potato chips or French fries.. If im drinking and having a late night snack I would love some fries..

We ordered room service a couple of times if we had a quiet night. It is available from 11am-11pm.

BAR STAFF
Very entertaining. Ricardo and Andrew were great. We weren't at the bar getting loaded every night although most of our 60 guests were. The bar staff are the same as anywhere, you tip well you get served quicker. Even when it was super busy we never waited more than 5 minutes for a drink. We hung out in the lobby bar mostly, didn't go to the theatre much except for 1 night.
Although we weren't at the bar being social all the time, everyone knew we were there for our wedding and would always get stopped, or someone call out to us and ask if we needed anything or how our day was! Everyone was super friendly at this resort.

STAR FRIENDS - Maria (lava child) is great. shes hilarious and has a great personality. I never saw her once while I was with my mom and she would come visit us on the beach and tell me my mom loves her! and she loves my mom! she joined us for lunch one day. These people work super long hours and only have 1 day off a week. They have very high energy jobs and I don't know how they get through there day! They really are superstars.

VISITING THE SUITES
We didn't go to the disco much maybe an hour into total (we are not big party people) if your into strobe lights and loud pumpin music you will love it. It was jam packed when we were there.
We went to the spa the day after the wedding for a massage and it was one of the best massages ive ever had. I was a little nervous at first because our massage therapist told me she did my mothers hair for our wedding.. I was thinking to myself "this is going to suck shes not properly trained" Whether she was or wasn't it was incredible. I pretty much had to force my husband to go for a massage and he loved it so much.
We went to the casino one night and it was nice and quite, very few people there. We enjoyed it. We didn't spend a lot (about 40-50 each) we played for over an hour.

THE BEACH

There was never an issue getting a chair in the sun or shade. There is a bit of seaweed there but it seemed like it only would come in at high tide. They have people raking the beach to pick up the debris. It was a beautiful beach. We spent all of our time there, I couldn't say any anything bad about the beach or the servers there. We would always have someone come ask what we would like and stay if they were busy to have a chat and see how our day was. We didn't really drink in the day mostly water or coke.

The Pool
The only thing I can say about it was it looked pretty nice. We are beach fans and never even went to the pool at all. Some of our guests stayed all day (especially my cousin as she was in a wheelchair so it was easier for her) Everyone who went loved it. I found it to hot when we would walk across the pool area to go to the buffet or beach)

GIFT SHOPS
We travelled to the "hip strip" for some shopping, it was ok. but we enjoyed the shopping on the resort better. I saw a dress I liked when we went on our catarmaran cruise and they didn't have a size to fit me, I saw the same one in 3 stores all of which were priced between $50 and $58. I bought the exact same dress in the gift shop at the hotel for $26.00 We purchased quite a bit from the shops at the suites as they are centrally located for all three hotels and have great prices.

We really cant wait to go back to this resort, as soon as possible. We loved everything about it. The staff (whether they had a job that you would tip them or not) were all super friendly, yeah you may see someone who isn't smiling but it could be anything from they are concentrating on what they are doing, to they didn't hear you when you spoke to them.
I really hope you find my review helpful. And if you have any questions or concerns about it please message me. This resort is worth the price and more.
We had a couple guests that are lovers of mexico and they said it wasn't as great as the resorts in mexico but the best out of anywhere they have gone in cuba or the Dominican republic! We will definetly be returning.
Read the negative reviews, every person has a different opinion, I read over 100 reviews and While we were there I would have random thoughts pop into my head and think to myself "what in the world is wrong with those people? how can they think the things they posted ?" It was just good to be aware of the "issues" here.
So enjoy your vacation :)

I cant comment on anything for kids activities because we didn't have any in our group. But we met a family on the beach and there daughter loved the children activities...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort wishes to express our gratitude to you and family for selecting our Hotel for such an special occasion. We would also like to say thanks to you for taking the time to write and post such detailed review about the wonderful experience you had at our resort. No doubt your time and energy was invested and we are truly grateful. We are happy all went well with your transportation to the hotel thus there were no glitches. Weddings are extremely important occasions and as such Santena and Vanessa always do their utmost to ensure that the proceedings goes as requested by the bride and groom. We are thankful that your special day was unforgettable and we will commend both ladies for the incredible job they have done thereby allowing you to have your dream wedding.

We are grateful to hear that the rest of your trip was also wonderful. Thank you for your comment regarding the mini fridge, and you are correct as it is intended to keep items cool. We are pleased that you loved your room, the delicious food provided, the wonderful service provide at the bar by Andrew and Ricardo, the company of our energetic star friends especially Maria and the beauty of our relaxing beach. Our landscaping team, as you noticed, are very efficient in ensuring that the beach is kept clean. We do our utmost to contain the seaweed as best as possible, but regrettably we cannot eliminate it totally being a constant natural flow.

It was our pleasure playing such an important role as being the host for your wedding and we are overjoyed that overall your experience was wonderful. We hope you will visit again, maybe for your anniversary, as it will be our pleasure to extend welcome to you once more!

Alpha, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I were here for 5 nights and 6 days. From the second we checked in to the last minute we were spoiled. We were greeted at the front desk with a welcome drink and they brought the luggage right up to our room. Our room was on the 5th floor ocean front and it was the best view ever!

Pool and Beach:
Both were excellent - plenty of chairs to use every day. The beach and pool areas/bathrooms were always kept clean. There was a bar at both locations and each had waitresses asking you if you wanted a drink.

Food:
Very tasty and the speciality places were also very good. We ate lunch every day at Uncle Tonys which is right on the beach.

Staff:
AMAZING!! Everyone was so nice and polite. The bar staff had a great sense of humor and made some great drinks!!!

We had the best week and would love to stay here again!!!

Room Tip: Ocean View or Ocean Front!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. We would like to thank you as well for taking the time to share your review. We are grateful to hear that you and your boyfriend had a wonderful vacation with us. This is the result we work to achieve each day and as such we are overjoyed. We will applaud our amazing staff for the exceptional services offered. Thank you again and we look forward to the next time you will visit again.

Aston, Pennsylvania, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

really enjoyed our stay. easy to get to, beautiful, clean and a wonderful group of people working to make your vacation great. we had been to another resort in jamaica, and the iberostar rose hall beach topped it in every way. we are already planning a return trip.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort wishes to express our gratitude to you for choosing our hotel. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful trip and already you are planning a return visit. This is what we work to accomplish every day and we are truly grateful your experience was remarkable. Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcome you very soon!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Excellent beach and swimming. We were only there for a few days and it was very enjoyable. The only negative was the catamaran excursion. It was not worth the money, better to just stay and snorkel off the beach. Close to the airport. We were pleasantly surprised how helpful everyone was

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. We are thankful you had a wonderful time here with us. We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience on your catamaran excursion and our apologies are extended on behalf of the tour company you booked with; we hope that your happier memories will surpass the experience. Thank you for sharing your review and we look forward to the next time we will have the opportunity to welcome you.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

first time in Jamaica and fell in love with EVERYTHING!!! definitely the first of many more trips to come..wouldnt even mind staying at the same resort!!!

starting from the bus ride from the airport to hotel-to leaving the country…service was excellent!

hotel was very clean and well kept. beautiful hotel!!

beach was beautiful and clean. water clear and had fishes swimming in! tons of chairs and tables on the beach so never had a problem finding a spot!!! service on the beach was also amazing. servers coming asking if everything was okay or if you needed a drink! can't complain when you don't even need to get up to get a drink!

pool is an infinity pool with swim up bar..seriously?! need i say more?!

food…omg…lost weight for this vacation, came back gained all the weight back AND SOME! always something delicious to eat. jamaican food and north american foods for those that aren't as adventurous lol. but we always ate the jamaican food..it was to die for!

the service was hands down more than excellent…always greeting guests with a smile and never had to wait long for anything!!! the people in jamaica are amazing, nice and beautiful inside and out!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for making Jamaica your vacation destination and for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort. We are overjoyed to hear that you have fallen in love with our beautiful resort and the excellent services offered by our committed staff. Our collaborators are friendly by nature and enjoy doing their job, hence greeting our valued customers with warm smile requires no effort. We are thankful you enjoyed our delicious Jamaican food and the hotel facilities in general. Thank you for sharing your lovely review and we anticipate your next visit, as we look forward to providing more unforgettable vacation experiences! Thank you.

Newark, Delaware, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We traveled with a group of 26 a combination of family and friends, for the purpose of a vacation and a family wedding. Each party making its own reservations but all staying at Rose Hall Beach.

We did not choice the resort, the bride and groom did so when researching the trip to make our flight and room reservations, I read reviews. Some complaining of dirty or dull outdated rooms, un-attentive front desk clerks, no response to maintenance needs, and boat loads of "drunk" cruise ship visitors with day wristbands partying till they puked!

Needless to say, I was les than excited but felt I would make the bast of it. Will, what a surprise! Either I stayed at the wrong resort or the "unhappy" reviewer did because I found none of this to be true, Rose Hall Beach is an A1 resort in my book, it was from day 1 and remained that way till day 6!

Our room, ocean front suite, was large, CLEAN, and very comfortable, The housekeeper assigned to our room was helpful, kind, trustworthy and a delight. She checked back with us several times a day to be sure that we had clean towels. Our bed was turned down, if we were out, a mint on the pillow, items left out by mistake, were there upon our return, the mini bar was well stocked and replenished regularly. There was even a drying rack on the balcony for our bathing suits or damp clothes.

The staff was great, always pleasant and helpful. The entertainment was diverse and nonstop...always something to do...the dancing pool attendants were a blast. The bar staff happy and friendly. Wait staff knowledgeable and professionally yet friendly and cordial. The pools clean and the lawns and gardens were stunningly beautiful. Beach loungers are ample, clean and we'll shaded (or in the sun if you preferred) .

Yes we had a problem with the mini bar upon arrival but they checked it, monitored it and when it was evident that it was broke it was promptly replaced with a brand new one.

Wedding was beautiful. The wedding coordinator was extremely helpful I am told (not part of my job..I just got to enjoy the festivities). When discovered that the favors were left in the US the concierge desk took us to the Suites to the shop, staying with us and helping and delivered the favors for safe keeping.

The food was great, we had no problem making our allotted reservations at the special venues but we also did not wait till the last . Maybe the only negative I found was the lack of wifi, but hey who wanted to work anyway!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. The time invested into writing your review is well appreciated as such thanks to you again. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time here with us. We do our utmost each and every day to ensure we delivery top notch services, and we are thrilled each time we receive a review such as yours. We will applaud our dedicated team for the excellent job done thereby contributing to your vacation being wonderful. Your comment regarding the Wi-Fi is noted and we are currently working to improve this area. Thanks to you again for your wonderful review and we look forward to the next time we will have the opportunity to welcome you.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!