We literally just returned from our vacation at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach resort in Jamaica. We stayed at the resort for six days. Before booking this trip, I read several reviews of this property... most of them being pretty spot on!!! I am a picky traveler when it comes to my families lodging away from home, so I am going to break this review down as best as I can to give you a true picture of what we just experienced!
1.The resort is located right on a beautiful beach. Literally just steps from your room.
2. The food was EXCELLENT!! Read reviews of how the food was not very good and did not have a good selection. We were there for six days and each day there were some of the same foods, but they did switch it up each day. The food had great flavor and varieties to select from. There were people from the Grand and Suites who came to eat at the Beach resort. They have the BEST fresh fruit!
3. SERVICE....excellent. You are waited on all day long from the beach, to the pool, to the restaurants. Kuddos to Cassandra and Omar who made our breakfast that much more delightful. You didn't want for anything when these two were serving. Lavine and Natalee were awesome servers at the beach and pool. The best thing is that the service was always with a smile and with greetins.
4. Their were complaints about making reservations for the evening restaurants. Your reservations are based on the number of nights that you are staying. You are told when you check in to go and make your reservations that day for the week. There were several people who did not make reservations right away and did not get the times they would like. This is not Iberostar's fault...as the old saying goes...you snooze you lose!
5. The resort itself if beautiful and well kept. The workers were out first thing in the morning sweeping up the debris on the beach and making sure the beach was ready to go for the guests. The workers also were good about cleaning up cups etc.
6. Plenty of places on the beach to relax. There were PLENTY of beach chairs for the guest with shade from the trees or the huts. Nobody should complain about the lack of chairs, truly this was not an issue. We had a beach front room, and no matter what time of day you looked out, there were always plenty of spaces to choose from.
6. Entertainment staff was absolutely AWESOME. There was something from the oldest to the youngest to enjoy. We traveled with two pre-teen children and they had a blast. There were daily activities for them to enjoy. There is a kids club that is ran by Neisha and her two co-horts. They kept the kids busy. I read where some people said they stopped by and they were never there. True....they had the kids out and about doing various excursions at the resort. They DID NOT stay in the club area, but instead kept the kids active doing outside activities. They also had activities each night at 8:00 for the kids in the theatre room.
1. I would agree that check-in was probably the worst part of this trip. I did read several reviews that discussed this matter...and I agree! We did arrive about an hour earlier than check in and we were able to go and eat lunch. We were told constantly that our room was not ready and it would be about ten more minutes. Finally at about 5:00 we were able to go to our room. During the wait, we had to put our luggage in an area in the foyer while waiting on our room. The problem was that there was a TON of other luggage in this area by the door as well. So you hoped that nobody took your luggage or confused it with theirs! The customer service at the front desk was not as pleasant as the service within the resort. Truly since this is the first contact you are making with the resort, there should be a little more friendlyless shown....even if you are busy. This wasn't just when we checked in, but I observed it with other guestsmas we were in the lobby for various things.
2. The rooms were not cold, but we realized that when you leave your room the electricity shuts off to save energy. When you return your fan/air etc turns back on. We have experienced this in other resorts as well. It does get very cool at night, so this wasn't really a big deal.
3. Housekeeping forgot our washclothes on a few occassions, but were quick to bring them up.
4. Our screen to the balcony was pretty much torn all the way around, so we were not able to keep it open and listen to the beach at night or in the morning.
5. The foyer of the property could really use some updating. For this to be such a nice resort, the entry made you feel a little skeptical when you first arrive. The furniture etc. needs a little sprucing up, but the rest of the resort was very nice.
1. Get an ocean front room if possible. JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!!
2. Try to stay on a floor that is on the 3rd or 4th floor for wonderful views.
3. The pool gets very crowded early and it is hard to find a chair by the pool, so get there early. Wasn't a problem for us because we enjoyed the beach.
4. Make your dinner rsvp's upon arrival.
5. Keep up with your towels!! Ten dollars each if lost.
6. Be pleasant with the workers and they will give you the best service possible!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This new 5-star- hotel is located in beautiful Montego Bay, Jamaica. Directly on the beach. Elegant colonial design. Water sports galore. Scuba diving. 3 specialty restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, VISIT US, INC. , Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Iberostar
- Iberostar Rose Hall Jamaica
- Iberostar Jamaica
- Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel Jamaica - Montego Bay