“Second visit to paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall Main Road, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Rose Hall
NJ
“Second visit to paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Just got back after 6 days here . The food , staff , grounds , rooms , bars , pool and beach are all excellent . Chrystal Heaven helped make this one of our better vacations . Annette from the buffet greeted us everyday wit a smile . The Star Friends were terrific ( Thunda and Lighten ) were amazing to say the least . All the specialty restaurant were great . Very little seaweed in the ocean and beach was raked daily . Please don't listen to any of the bad reviews as they are simply not true . Will return for 3rd visit next year .

• Stayed April 2013
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

It’s an honor for our staff and management to thank your once more for making it the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort your annul home away from home.
Your beautiful comments are most valued and we appreciate you posting and highlighting Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort on Tripadvisor for other individuals to get a small inside as to how we operate and conduct ourselves.

All comments will defiantly be forwarded to the specified departments which you have taken the time out to highlight.
Ms. Heaven, the Guest Services manager and her team, Thunda and Lightning from the entertainment department will certainly be trilled they have gotten a chance in leaving a positive memory with you and we appreciate you welcoming our hospitality and good customer service.

As a continuous repeat guest we are honored to have you return as soon as possible, and we thank you to have defended the Iberostar against any negative comments that may have posted.

We thank you for all your wonderful comments towards our hotel, staffing, rooms, beach and most outstanding our warm hospitality and services we extend to you. We do anticipate your return once more.

2,522 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
  • Polish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Just got back from 4 days there They stole 400 dollars out of my room the second day, and expensive cosmetics from it the 3rd. the manager said they would look into it , but havent heard anything yet... Room service is 11 to 11 but dont ask for any fluids not coffee, soda, anything. wouldnt be a problem but everything is a long walk. the room fridge was useless. best thing is the entertainment staff, young and enthusastic your hard earned travel dollars are better spent at Half Moon!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

We at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort like to thank you for your visit with us and we appreciate your reviews as they help us with the necessary improvement.
In regards to the alleged situation you have mentioned, we sincerely apologized as we do not tolerate theft or any criminal conducted.

Our all-inclusive do include room service from 11am to 11pm; we then have our late night snack continuing from 11pm to 7am. In addition, our housekeeping department ensures daily amenities are stocked with coffee packages, creamers, sodas, water and beer for the mini bar along with soap, lotions, two in one shampoo and conditioner etc.

We thank you for your wonderful comments regarding our entertainment department as they do strive for our entire guest to feel the really Iberostar friendly feeling, offering various activities each day by the pool and beach area, engaging our guest.

Even though you have expressed visiting other hotel instead of the Iberostar Jamaica, we still hope in the near future you many visit one of our other Iberostar sisters we have worldwide.
We thank you once for making it Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Location, location, location.

Pros: Hotel makes the most of one of the better beach locations in the area. Lots of water sports, friendly staff, and the obligatory pool activities complete with swim up bar, and dancing lessons. Rooms clean and suitable for beach location. Front desk staff helpful (walked to the beach to notify us that room was ready).

Cons: No internet in rooms, and dodgy lobby connection. Minibar practically on low setting and rooms a little musty smelling at first. Food, plentiful but mass produced and can do with a little improvement. Bellhop takes a little while, given the size and distance from lobby.

Would include in a family vacation package.

Room Tip: Ocean front of course!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you choose our resort the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach for your vacation. It is a source of great satisfaction for all the team members here, especially the GM, to know that we were able to make another guest happy. It is certainly humbling to have you recommend our resort and gratifying to know that you selected this medium to communicate your stay with other readers.

The sandy beach and sunny pool, beach bar and pool bar which is a swim up bar as well, both available with alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages. Our entertainment personnel strive in providing activities daily, such as water sports, soccer, volley ball, and much more.

We are pleased to know that rooms are of your satisfaction as our housekeeping department will be please of your reviews as they do work hard in ensuring fresh and clean rooms, leaving behind daily amenities making your stay more home friendly.

We are pleased that you have enjoyed the variety of food options and foods area we offer such has the buffet, Steak House and our entertaining Samurai a la carte, and we thank you for high lighting this.

Your recommendation will be send to our superior as anything to adhere to the improvement to our facility is always considered and we thank you for you reviews.

Once again thank you for using this medium to communicate your stay with us, and we look forward to hosting you soon in the near future for a more relaxing vacation experience.

TORONTO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Just came back from this hotel for the second time and fell in love all over again with it. Only 15-20min shuttle from airport, which I like. I just love everything. Just beautiful old world elegance in the lobby, I love it.

Then the room this time was an ocean front junior suite. and loved the ocean view. The rooms are so nice and clean and towels no problem to get more. The bed is amazingly comfortable and the sheets are so smooth, loved the pillows perfect.

The food is wonderful, enjoyed the omlette for breakfast and all the fresh fruit, really enjoyed some of the jamaican food, such as plantain, patties, jerk chicken, pork. Nice desserts too. The japanese restaurant very good and really liked the 6:30 seating good timing. Also enjoyed the Tony restaurant, steak was very good.

I just loved the pools everyday so clean and beautiful. The beach was beautiful and enjoyed swimming in it too.

Entertainment was good too but I got up 6:30am every morning and tired by 9:00pm, but my daughter got up later and then enjoyed the entertainment at night. The Star friends entertainment staff were exceptional and made my daughter feel very much part of everything and so she took part in alot of the things they were running. Such as the dance lessons on the beach and exercises in the pool.

Even the shopping at the stores were reasonable, we did go off the resort to look but ended up buying most stuff at the resort shops. But make sure to bring a book and magazine if u want to read as books too expensive and no magazines. Also lots of shops at airport so did buy some last minute souvenirs there.

I would seriously go to this resort again and that says alot as I have only been to all other hotels in jamaica only once. this is the first one I have wanted to go again and again. Really has everything I want. Thanks Iberostar and staff for an amazing holiday. My daughter says she wants to go back to this hotel again soon.

Room Tip: had a gardenview first trip last september and nice room. wanted to try oceanview room this time whi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are happy our team created an experience of a lifetime for you; and you thoroughly enjoyed Iberostar Beach and our five star hospitality and service. We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed our food and beach.

We are beyond pleased to know that you adored our rooms with the specular view; our housekeeping department will be prompt too of your reviews as they do work hard in ensuring fresh and clean rooms, and always leaving behind daily amenities making your stay more home friendly.
Our chefs do provided a variety of local and international cuisines of food for everyone to have a choice in experiencing the Iberostar Jamaica as well. And we thank you for your absolutely splendid reviews.

The sand beach and sunny pool, beach bar and pool bar both available to who so ever need a little Jamaica vibes weather alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages, our bartenders are there to assist.

The star friendly entertainment strive in making each and every guest cultivate the Iberostar Jamaica hospitality with various daily activities, engaging our children and adults as well, not to mention our kiddies club “Lucy” which next is an outstanding location you have to visit.

It absolutely splendid for us to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the friendliness and warm Jamaican hospitality of our staff; we are aware that it is only because of them that we are able to achieve our goal and the continuous improvement of our services. I will advise the respective departments of your kind words so that they can pass them on to their staff

We certainly look forward to serving you again soon with your family, as we await your visit here back at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort and Spa with us.

Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This is a beautiful property. All of the common areas (lobby, pool, beaches, grounds, restaurants, etc.) are impeccable. My biggest concern and the ONLY reason I would not return is due to the awful smell in the rooms. We were moved from one room to another room because the musty/mildew smell was unbearable; only to find out that the room they moved us to also smelled. Every single person that I talked to indicated the same problem in their rooms. I don't know if it's a ventilation-A/C problem or what?? I went to front desk and asked about upgrading to the Grand and was informed that it was an ADDITIONAL $180/night to upgrade, which I was willing to pay (I would have paid anything at that point), but was informed that the Grand had no vacancy.....
Well, each and every person/employee that we encountered from the bartenders, waiters/waitress's, maids, gardeners, etc. was EXTREMELY FRIENDLY...they were absolutely the hardest working, sweetest group of people I have ever encountered. Please remember to tip the employees:) They do not expect it, but are so appreciative! This was my first all inclusive and I thought the food was good, and the service was excellent! I thought the facility was kept spotless. We took a day trip to Dunns River Falls (loved it). And did a snorkeling trip right there thru Dressel Divers that was GREAT too! So overall, it was a beautiful facility with wonderful employees; and with the exception of the smelly rooms I would give it a 5 star.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It was certainly our pleasure to host you and all your friends and family here. All the managers and staff thank you for choosing our resort and are delighted that you took the time to share with us your stay experience. We also appreciate that past reviews on this medium was able to assist you in making a decision to stay here and I am certain your review will assist other readers as well. We do apologize for the situation you encountered in the room; we will have our housekeeping and maintenance team look into the matter to avoid reoccurrence.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed the services of our staff, as we do recognize that they are one of our greatest assets. Your words of encouragement will be given to them so that they will know they all did a great job. Thank you as well for highlighting your tour and sharing the uniqueness of Jamaica with other readers as well as the fact that you enjoyed it.

On behalf of all the managers here, we would like to thank you once again for choosing our resort for your vacation experience, and we do look forward to hosting you here once again in the near furture

St. John's, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Just returned from my vacation a few days ago and I have to say, what a beautiful resort and country - this was my first visit to Jamaica and believe me, it won’t be my last. I spent a week at this resort with 3 of my friends on our annual girls trip and I think by far this is the best of the Iberostar’s I’ve visited, and I’ve been to 3 others in the past. First let me say how clean this resort is, you could literally eat off the floor everywhere, including by the pool. I’ve never been to a resort that has kept on top of the mess like this one. Even the bathrooms by the beach were always clean and tidy, which is impressive considering the amount of use they get. I loved the layout of this resort, especially the fact that that the main buffet and the theater were inside and air conditioned, it gave you a much needed break from the heat. The food was incredible, both in the buffet and the restaurants, my favorite of which was the Japanese Grill. We booked our a la cartes as soon as we arrived, just because we knew from past experience that you got better selection of times that way.

Now to the staff, upon check in we met Schewa, and right from the start we knew we had met a gem, what a friendly, helpful man, our rooms were ready when we got there but when we went to see them they were on the 1st floor and we had requested the 2nd, we went back to him and he worked with us to change it right away, and within a half hour we were happily settled away on the 3rd floor. You can’t ask for any better than that! Next to the pool, we had always had a good experience with the entertainment staff at past Iberostar resorts and we were not disappointed here. Your staff are very good at reading people, they know who would like to sunbathe in peace and who welcomes contact and attention. We were the people who loved to talk and laugh and I think we managed to get to know most of the staff during our stay. We had a great time with Maria, Patrick, JR, Kedar, Jamiel, Barbie, Tootsie and Angel (just to name a few), these employees are very good at their jobs and made our vacation that much more enjoyable. And boy, can they dance! We asked JR (Lightenin) and Kedar (Thunda) to show us some of their dance tricks one day and we got a full on show which drew in a crowd. The bartenders at the pool bar were incredible as well, each had their own specialty drink that they made, we enjoyed the libations of Steve (Chris Rock) and Desrick on a daily basis... go ask for their specials, you’ll be pleasantly surprised! Finally I can’t say enough about our waitress Lovena by the pool, she always brought us water first thing in the morning and checked frequently offering us a sample of her wonderful singing voice and boisterous personality throughout her shift. I have to agree with previous reviews in that the music can get a little loud throughout the day by the pool, but there are places to go to get any much needed quiet and if you asked them to turn it down a little, they would.

The only thing I wish was different on this resort is the disco, not only is it at the resort next door, but the stairs leading down to it made me extremely nervous as it’s a circular marble staircase - beautiful, but a little scary. My advice is to hold on to the rail and keep to the right on your way down - however once you’ve manoeuvred the staircase, the disco is a great spot. We were told by the staff that Friday night was the best night there and they were right. We had a blast!!

I really can’t say enough about this resort, its family friendly and I felt very safe, so I know for me, it’s definitely a place that I’d return to.

Yah Mon!

Room Tip: If you have young children or like to retire for the night early, ask for a room on the opposite sid...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

On the behalf of the staff and management of the Iberostar Beach Resort and Spa, we want to say thank for your review. We are delighted to hear that we managed to impress you with our property, rooms, delicious food, staff and service. It is through communications of this nature that we are given an opportunity to assess and evaluate our performance, as well as to ensure that we maintain and deliver the level of service expected from our Hotel. Furthermore, we would like to express our gratitude for the positive remarks, and we are glad to hear that you were satisfied with the hotel in general

We are happy our team created an experience of a lifetime for you and you thoroughly enjoyed Iberostar Beach and our five star hospitality and service. We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed our food and beach.
We are beyond pleased to know that you and your friends adored the food we served, as we do provided various restaurant such as our main buffet the “Little River”, a Steakhouse “ Uncle Tony’”, a Cajun Restaurant “ Jambalaya” and a Japanese restaurant “Samurai”. And we thank you for your absolutely splendid reviews and most importantly you enjoyed them while here.

We thank you for the complimentary comments towards our dedicated team particularly the team members mentioned, such as our Star friends , Maria, Patrick, JR, Kedar, Jamiel, Barbie, Tootsie and Angel , we will certainly pass your reviews to them as to maintain their spectacular job they have been doing.

And for our front desk supervisor Schewa who assisted and extended with your small obstacle having you experience our most popular slack “no problem man”, your lovely comments are definitely most appreciated as his bobbling and enthusiastic personality speaks for its self.

It wonderful for us to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the friendliness and warm Jamaican hospitality of our staff ; we are aware that it is only because of them that we are able to achieve our goal and the continuous improvement of our services. I will advise the respective departments of your kind words so that they can pass them on to their staff.

Once again we would like to thank them for choosing the IBEROSTAR Rose Hall to spend their vacation, and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Our entire family of 12 were thoroughly pleased and impressed with the quality of service and the accommodations at this hotel. Staff were eager to please and provided assistance when needed. The rooms were super clean and updated. The grounds were gorgeous and the beach was pristine. The food, overall, was satisfactory, but not enough authentic Jamaican dishes.

A few areas where improvement are needed are as follows:

1. The rooms initially had musty smell due to condensation when the A/C is off to conserve electricity. However, the smell disappears once the A/C is turned on.
2. Door keys often do not work.
3. Internet access is very slow and costly.

Despite these drawbacks, I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for making your family vacation at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort and we are splendid in sharing our hospitality and customer services with you, our prized guest, as we are aware that our staff are the ones who directly make all the wonders of the Iberostar happen.

We will definitely pass your enlightening reviews about our natural green landscaping to our landscaping department. For the tall leafy trees with the blooming flowers do provide lovely scenery to the see. Making the tropics be more enlightening along with the sunny skies and sandy beach.

Please be assured that we will be looking into how we can improve our food and your recommendations and concerns will certainly be reviewed as we do consider all recommendation from you our guest for future improvement.
We look forward to serving you again soon, therefore we wish to remind you that when next you are planning a vacation – to make it the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort and Spa.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!