“IBEROSTAR ROSE HALL BEACHES JAMAICA AGAIN EVEN BETTER” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel

You added Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall Main Road | Little River, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
TORONTO
“IBEROSTAR ROSE HALL BEACHES JAMAICA AGAIN EVEN BETTER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Just came back from this hotel for the second time and fell in love all over again with it. Only 15-20min shuttle from airport, which I like. I just love everything. Just beautiful old world elegance in the lobby, I love it.

Then the room this time was an ocean front junior suite. and loved the ocean view. The rooms are so nice and clean and towels no problem to get more. The bed is amazingly comfortable and the sheets are so smooth, loved the pillows perfect.

The food is wonderful, enjoyed the omlette for breakfast and all the fresh fruit, really enjoyed some of the jamaican food, such as plantain, patties, jerk chicken, pork. Nice desserts too. The japanese restaurant very good and really liked the 6:30 seating good timing. Also enjoyed the Tony restaurant, steak was very good.

I just loved the pools everyday so clean and beautiful. The beach was beautiful and enjoyed swimming in it too.

Entertainment was good too but I got up 6:30am every morning and tired by 9:00pm, but my daughter got up later and then enjoyed the entertainment at night. The Star friends entertainment staff were exceptional and made my daughter feel very much part of everything and so she took part in alot of the things they were running. Such as the dance lessons on the beach and exercises in the pool.

Even the shopping at the stores were reasonable, we did go off the resort to look but ended up buying most stuff at the resort shops. But make sure to bring a book and magazine if u want to read as books too expensive and no magazines. Also lots of shops at airport so did buy some last minute souvenirs there.

I would seriously go to this resort again and that says alot as I have only been to all other hotels in jamaica only once. this is the first one I have wanted to go again and again. Really has everything I want. Thanks Iberostar and staff for an amazing holiday. My daughter says she wants to go back to this hotel again soon.

Room Tip: had a gardenview first trip last september and nice room. wanted to try oceanview room this time whi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are happy our team created an experience of a lifetime for you; and you thoroughly enjoyed Iberostar Beach and our five star hospitality and service. We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed our food and beach.

We are beyond pleased to know that you adored our rooms with the specular view; our housekeeping department will be prompt too of your reviews as they do work hard in ensuring fresh and clean rooms, and always leaving behind daily amenities making your stay more home friendly.
Our chefs do provided a variety of local and international cuisines of food for everyone to have a choice in experiencing the Iberostar Jamaica as well. And we thank you for your absolutely splendid reviews.

The sand beach and sunny pool, beach bar and pool bar both available to who so ever need a little Jamaica vibes weather alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages, our bartenders are there to assist.

The star friendly entertainment strive in making each and every guest cultivate the Iberostar Jamaica hospitality with various daily activities, engaging our children and adults as well, not to mention our kiddies club “Lucy” which next is an outstanding location you have to visit.

It absolutely splendid for us to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the friendliness and warm Jamaican hospitality of our staff; we are aware that it is only because of them that we are able to achieve our goal and the continuous improvement of our services. I will advise the respective departments of your kind words so that they can pass them on to their staff

We certainly look forward to serving you again soon with your family, as we await your visit here back at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort and Spa with us.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (583)
  • Polish first
Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This is a beautiful property. All of the common areas (lobby, pool, beaches, grounds, restaurants, etc.) are impeccable. My biggest concern and the ONLY reason I would not return is due to the awful smell in the rooms. We were moved from one room to another room because the musty/mildew smell was unbearable; only to find out that the room they moved us to also smelled. Every single person that I talked to indicated the same problem in their rooms. I don't know if it's a ventilation-A/C problem or what?? I went to front desk and asked about upgrading to the Grand and was informed that it was an ADDITIONAL $180/night to upgrade, which I was willing to pay (I would have paid anything at that point), but was informed that the Grand had no vacancy.....
Well, each and every person/employee that we encountered from the bartenders, waiters/waitress's, maids, gardeners, etc. was EXTREMELY FRIENDLY...they were absolutely the hardest working, sweetest group of people I have ever encountered. Please remember to tip the employees:) They do not expect it, but are so appreciative! This was my first all inclusive and I thought the food was good, and the service was excellent! I thought the facility was kept spotless. We took a day trip to Dunns River Falls (loved it). And did a snorkeling trip right there thru Dressel Divers that was GREAT too! So overall, it was a beautiful facility with wonderful employees; and with the exception of the smelly rooms I would give it a 5 star.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It was certainly our pleasure to host you and all your friends and family here. All the managers and staff thank you for choosing our resort and are delighted that you took the time to share with us your stay experience. We also appreciate that past reviews on this medium was able to assist you in making a decision to stay here and I am certain your review will assist other readers as well. We do apologize for the situation you encountered in the room; we will have our housekeeping and maintenance team look into the matter to avoid reoccurrence.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed the services of our staff, as we do recognize that they are one of our greatest assets. Your words of encouragement will be given to them so that they will know they all did a great job. Thank you as well for highlighting your tour and sharing the uniqueness of Jamaica with other readers as well as the fact that you enjoyed it.

On behalf of all the managers here, we would like to thank you once again for choosing our resort for your vacation experience, and we do look forward to hosting you here once again in the near furture

St. John's, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Just returned from my vacation a few days ago and I have to say, what a beautiful resort and country - this was my first visit to Jamaica and believe me, it won’t be my last. I spent a week at this resort with 3 of my friends on our annual girls trip and I think by far this is the best of the Iberostar’s I’ve visited, and I’ve been to 3 others in the past. First let me say how clean this resort is, you could literally eat off the floor everywhere, including by the pool. I’ve never been to a resort that has kept on top of the mess like this one. Even the bathrooms by the beach were always clean and tidy, which is impressive considering the amount of use they get. I loved the layout of this resort, especially the fact that that the main buffet and the theater were inside and air conditioned, it gave you a much needed break from the heat. The food was incredible, both in the buffet and the restaurants, my favorite of which was the Japanese Grill. We booked our a la cartes as soon as we arrived, just because we knew from past experience that you got better selection of times that way.

Now to the staff, upon check in we met Schewa, and right from the start we knew we had met a gem, what a friendly, helpful man, our rooms were ready when we got there but when we went to see them they were on the 1st floor and we had requested the 2nd, we went back to him and he worked with us to change it right away, and within a half hour we were happily settled away on the 3rd floor. You can’t ask for any better than that! Next to the pool, we had always had a good experience with the entertainment staff at past Iberostar resorts and we were not disappointed here. Your staff are very good at reading people, they know who would like to sunbathe in peace and who welcomes contact and attention. We were the people who loved to talk and laugh and I think we managed to get to know most of the staff during our stay. We had a great time with Maria, Patrick, JR, Kedar, Jamiel, Barbie, Tootsie and Angel (just to name a few), these employees are very good at their jobs and made our vacation that much more enjoyable. And boy, can they dance! We asked JR (Lightenin) and Kedar (Thunda) to show us some of their dance tricks one day and we got a full on show which drew in a crowd. The bartenders at the pool bar were incredible as well, each had their own specialty drink that they made, we enjoyed the libations of Steve (Chris Rock) and Desrick on a daily basis... go ask for their specials, you’ll be pleasantly surprised! Finally I can’t say enough about our waitress Lovena by the pool, she always brought us water first thing in the morning and checked frequently offering us a sample of her wonderful singing voice and boisterous personality throughout her shift. I have to agree with previous reviews in that the music can get a little loud throughout the day by the pool, but there are places to go to get any much needed quiet and if you asked them to turn it down a little, they would.

The only thing I wish was different on this resort is the disco, not only is it at the resort next door, but the stairs leading down to it made me extremely nervous as it’s a circular marble staircase - beautiful, but a little scary. My advice is to hold on to the rail and keep to the right on your way down - however once you’ve manoeuvred the staircase, the disco is a great spot. We were told by the staff that Friday night was the best night there and they were right. We had a blast!!

I really can’t say enough about this resort, its family friendly and I felt very safe, so I know for me, it’s definitely a place that I’d return to.

Yah Mon!

Room Tip: If you have young children or like to retire for the night early, ask for a room on the opposite sid...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

On the behalf of the staff and management of the Iberostar Beach Resort and Spa, we want to say thank for your review. We are delighted to hear that we managed to impress you with our property, rooms, delicious food, staff and service. It is through communications of this nature that we are given an opportunity to assess and evaluate our performance, as well as to ensure that we maintain and deliver the level of service expected from our Hotel. Furthermore, we would like to express our gratitude for the positive remarks, and we are glad to hear that you were satisfied with the hotel in general

We are happy our team created an experience of a lifetime for you and you thoroughly enjoyed Iberostar Beach and our five star hospitality and service. We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed our food and beach.
We are beyond pleased to know that you and your friends adored the food we served, as we do provided various restaurant such as our main buffet the “Little River”, a Steakhouse “ Uncle Tony’”, a Cajun Restaurant “ Jambalaya” and a Japanese restaurant “Samurai”. And we thank you for your absolutely splendid reviews and most importantly you enjoyed them while here.

We thank you for the complimentary comments towards our dedicated team particularly the team members mentioned, such as our Star friends , Maria, Patrick, JR, Kedar, Jamiel, Barbie, Tootsie and Angel , we will certainly pass your reviews to them as to maintain their spectacular job they have been doing.

And for our front desk supervisor Schewa who assisted and extended with your small obstacle having you experience our most popular slack “no problem man”, your lovely comments are definitely most appreciated as his bobbling and enthusiastic personality speaks for its self.

It wonderful for us to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the friendliness and warm Jamaican hospitality of our staff ; we are aware that it is only because of them that we are able to achieve our goal and the continuous improvement of our services. I will advise the respective departments of your kind words so that they can pass them on to their staff.

Once again we would like to thank them for choosing the IBEROSTAR Rose Hall to spend their vacation, and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Our entire family of 12 were thoroughly pleased and impressed with the quality of service and the accommodations at this hotel. Staff were eager to please and provided assistance when needed. The rooms were super clean and updated. The grounds were gorgeous and the beach was pristine. The food, overall, was satisfactory, but not enough authentic Jamaican dishes.

A few areas where improvement are needed are as follows:

1. The rooms initially had musty smell due to condensation when the A/C is off to conserve electricity. However, the smell disappears once the A/C is turned on.
2. Door keys often do not work.
3. Internet access is very slow and costly.

Despite these drawbacks, I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for making your family vacation at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort and we are splendid in sharing our hospitality and customer services with you, our prized guest, as we are aware that our staff are the ones who directly make all the wonders of the Iberostar happen.

We will definitely pass your enlightening reviews about our natural green landscaping to our landscaping department. For the tall leafy trees with the blooming flowers do provide lovely scenery to the see. Making the tropics be more enlightening along with the sunny skies and sandy beach.

Please be assured that we will be looking into how we can improve our food and your recommendations and concerns will certainly be reviewed as we do consider all recommendation from you our guest for future improvement.
We look forward to serving you again soon, therefore we wish to remind you that when next you are planning a vacation – to make it the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort and Spa.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed this resort, the food was amazing as well as the drinks! The staff were very friendly and we enjoyed getting to know them. Some of the male staff were a bit to forward with me and came on a bit strong. One of the only guys that wasn't like this with me was Amar (tootsie roll). He was so sweet and a great guy! Definitely enjoyed his company. I will definitely be visiting this resort again in the future!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear guest,

We thank you for making your vacation here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort and for taking the time out in putting your feedback on Tripadvisor both good and bad. We will enlighten each department of your reviews for necessary adjustment to be made.
However we are thrilled that you have enjoyed the service you have received especially from the staff at the restaurants and bars and your wonderful highlight about Amar (tootsie roll) wil certainly be passed on to him.

We look forward to your return and in serving you again soon, therefore we wish to remind you that when next you are planning a vacation – to make it the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort and Spa.

Barrie, On
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I'm a bit late with my review as I was there last November. I traveled with my boyfriend.

I have nothing but good things to say about this resort. It was beautiful and impressed us from the minute we arrived.

Food...fantastic!!! Probably the best I've ever had on vacation.

Pool/pool bar...big, always in the sun and clean.

Rooms..clean

Beach...not bad. Good for Montego bay. Lots of shade and nice to see trees other than just palms.

I can't see how the Grand or the Suites is any better than the Beach. Great value for the money. Staff is amazing. Drinks are plentiful.

I would highly recommend this resort and plan to go back next winter.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest,

The Iberostar Rose Hall Beach family thanks you to have spent your vacation with us.

It’s splendid to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are aware that it is only because of our staffs members that we are able to achieve our goal and the continuous improvement of our services.

We will certainly pass your reviews to our executive chef as we do appreciate your wonderful reviews, as he and his team are the ones providing a variety of food from fresh fruits to a wide variety in our three a la carts on property, namely the Steakhouse restaurant, the Japanese restaurant and the Cajun restaurant along with our Little River buffet.

In regards to your room, our housekeeping team takes pride in making you, our prized guest feeling at home away from home, ensuring clean and fresh rooms as well as providing daily amenities for your comfort and we thank you for your valued feedback.

And we are most delighted that you have enjoyed our amazing sandy, sunny beach and our luscious green landscape, with the many different natural attraction we have. We do appreciate you acknowledging our landscaping team in making the area more visible enlightening for you.

Besides we are thrilled that you have enjoyed the services we offer and have met your expectation from our restaurants and bars.

It wonderful for us to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the friendliness, food and warm Jamaican hospitality. We look forward to your return.

Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

First off I'd like to say my family and I went to the Grand Palladium in Jamaica. It is far superior in food, service, and overall value. The worthless staff that work at the Iberostar could not have been more rude or incompetent. All of the food tasted like the local idiot cooked it, either being burnt or hardly cooked. When we tried to order room service the woman on the phone told us to "[--] off" and to stop being so lazy and go get it ourselves at the buffet. I was disgusted and will never be going back to an Iberostar anywhere. When we told the front desk about this they said they would deal with it but ended up doing nothing as far as we know. Overall a terrible experience and I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!