“Iberostar Rose Hall Beach - Beautiful Place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel

You added Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall Main Road | Little River, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
St. John's, Canada
“Iberostar Rose Hall Beach - Beautiful Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Just returned from my vacation a few days ago and I have to say, what a beautiful resort and country - this was my first visit to Jamaica and believe me, it won’t be my last. I spent a week at this resort with 3 of my friends on our annual girls trip and I think by far this is the best of the Iberostar’s I’ve visited, and I’ve been to 3 others in the past. First let me say how clean this resort is, you could literally eat off the floor everywhere, including by the pool. I’ve never been to a resort that has kept on top of the mess like this one. Even the bathrooms by the beach were always clean and tidy, which is impressive considering the amount of use they get. I loved the layout of this resort, especially the fact that that the main buffet and the theater were inside and air conditioned, it gave you a much needed break from the heat. The food was incredible, both in the buffet and the restaurants, my favorite of which was the Japanese Grill. We booked our a la cartes as soon as we arrived, just because we knew from past experience that you got better selection of times that way.

Now to the staff, upon check in we met Schewa, and right from the start we knew we had met a gem, what a friendly, helpful man, our rooms were ready when we got there but when we went to see them they were on the 1st floor and we had requested the 2nd, we went back to him and he worked with us to change it right away, and within a half hour we were happily settled away on the 3rd floor. You can’t ask for any better than that! Next to the pool, we had always had a good experience with the entertainment staff at past Iberostar resorts and we were not disappointed here. Your staff are very good at reading people, they know who would like to sunbathe in peace and who welcomes contact and attention. We were the people who loved to talk and laugh and I think we managed to get to know most of the staff during our stay. We had a great time with Maria, Patrick, JR, Kedar, Jamiel, Barbie, Tootsie and Angel (just to name a few), these employees are very good at their jobs and made our vacation that much more enjoyable. And boy, can they dance! We asked JR (Lightenin) and Kedar (Thunda) to show us some of their dance tricks one day and we got a full on show which drew in a crowd. The bartenders at the pool bar were incredible as well, each had their own specialty drink that they made, we enjoyed the libations of Steve (Chris Rock) and Desrick on a daily basis... go ask for their specials, you’ll be pleasantly surprised! Finally I can’t say enough about our waitress Lovena by the pool, she always brought us water first thing in the morning and checked frequently offering us a sample of her wonderful singing voice and boisterous personality throughout her shift. I have to agree with previous reviews in that the music can get a little loud throughout the day by the pool, but there are places to go to get any much needed quiet and if you asked them to turn it down a little, they would.

The only thing I wish was different on this resort is the disco, not only is it at the resort next door, but the stairs leading down to it made me extremely nervous as it’s a circular marble staircase - beautiful, but a little scary. My advice is to hold on to the rail and keep to the right on your way down - however once you’ve manoeuvred the staircase, the disco is a great spot. We were told by the staff that Friday night was the best night there and they were right. We had a blast!!

I really can’t say enough about this resort, its family friendly and I felt very safe, so I know for me, it’s definitely a place that I’d return to.

Yah Mon!

Room Tip: If you have young children or like to retire for the night early, ask for a room on the opposite sid...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

On the behalf of the staff and management of the Iberostar Beach Resort and Spa, we want to say thank for your review. We are delighted to hear that we managed to impress you with our property, rooms, delicious food, staff and service. It is through communications of this nature that we are given an opportunity to assess and evaluate our performance, as well as to ensure that we maintain and deliver the level of service expected from our Hotel. Furthermore, we would like to express our gratitude for the positive remarks, and we are glad to hear that you were satisfied with the hotel in general

We are happy our team created an experience of a lifetime for you and you thoroughly enjoyed Iberostar Beach and our five star hospitality and service. We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed our food and beach.
We are beyond pleased to know that you and your friends adored the food we served, as we do provided various restaurant such as our main buffet the “Little River”, a Steakhouse “ Uncle Tony’”, a Cajun Restaurant “ Jambalaya” and a Japanese restaurant “Samurai”. And we thank you for your absolutely splendid reviews and most importantly you enjoyed them while here.

We thank you for the complimentary comments towards our dedicated team particularly the team members mentioned, such as our Star friends , Maria, Patrick, JR, Kedar, Jamiel, Barbie, Tootsie and Angel , we will certainly pass your reviews to them as to maintain their spectacular job they have been doing.

And for our front desk supervisor Schewa who assisted and extended with your small obstacle having you experience our most popular slack “no problem man”, your lovely comments are definitely most appreciated as his bobbling and enthusiastic personality speaks for its self.

It wonderful for us to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the friendliness and warm Jamaican hospitality of our staff ; we are aware that it is only because of them that we are able to achieve our goal and the continuous improvement of our services. I will advise the respective departments of your kind words so that they can pass them on to their staff.

Once again we would like to thank them for choosing the IBEROSTAR Rose Hall to spend their vacation, and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future!

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (577)
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Our entire family of 12 were thoroughly pleased and impressed with the quality of service and the accommodations at this hotel. Staff were eager to please and provided assistance when needed. The rooms were super clean and updated. The grounds were gorgeous and the beach was pristine. The food, overall, was satisfactory, but not enough authentic Jamaican dishes.

A few areas where improvement are needed are as follows:

1. The rooms initially had musty smell due to condensation when the A/C is off to conserve electricity. However, the smell disappears once the A/C is turned on.
2. Door keys often do not work.
3. Internet access is very slow and costly.

Despite these drawbacks, I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for making your family vacation at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort and we are splendid in sharing our hospitality and customer services with you, our prized guest, as we are aware that our staff are the ones who directly make all the wonders of the Iberostar happen.

We will definitely pass your enlightening reviews about our natural green landscaping to our landscaping department. For the tall leafy trees with the blooming flowers do provide lovely scenery to the see. Making the tropics be more enlightening along with the sunny skies and sandy beach.

Please be assured that we will be looking into how we can improve our food and your recommendations and concerns will certainly be reviewed as we do consider all recommendation from you our guest for future improvement.
We look forward to serving you again soon, therefore we wish to remind you that when next you are planning a vacation – to make it the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort and Spa.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed this resort, the food was amazing as well as the drinks! The staff were very friendly and we enjoyed getting to know them. Some of the male staff were a bit to forward with me and came on a bit strong. One of the only guys that wasn't like this with me was Amar (tootsie roll). He was so sweet and a great guy! Definitely enjoyed his company. I will definitely be visiting this resort again in the future!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear guest,

We thank you for making your vacation here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort and for taking the time out in putting your feedback on Tripadvisor both good and bad. We will enlighten each department of your reviews for necessary adjustment to be made.
However we are thrilled that you have enjoyed the service you have received especially from the staff at the restaurants and bars and your wonderful highlight about Amar (tootsie roll) wil certainly be passed on to him.

We look forward to your return and in serving you again soon, therefore we wish to remind you that when next you are planning a vacation – to make it the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort and Spa.

Barrie, On
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I'm a bit late with my review as I was there last November. I traveled with my boyfriend.

I have nothing but good things to say about this resort. It was beautiful and impressed us from the minute we arrived.

Food...fantastic!!! Probably the best I've ever had on vacation.

Pool/pool bar...big, always in the sun and clean.

Rooms..clean

Beach...not bad. Good for Montego bay. Lots of shade and nice to see trees other than just palms.

I can't see how the Grand or the Suites is any better than the Beach. Great value for the money. Staff is amazing. Drinks are plentiful.

I would highly recommend this resort and plan to go back next winter.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest,

The Iberostar Rose Hall Beach family thanks you to have spent your vacation with us.

It’s splendid to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are aware that it is only because of our staffs members that we are able to achieve our goal and the continuous improvement of our services.

We will certainly pass your reviews to our executive chef as we do appreciate your wonderful reviews, as he and his team are the ones providing a variety of food from fresh fruits to a wide variety in our three a la carts on property, namely the Steakhouse restaurant, the Japanese restaurant and the Cajun restaurant along with our Little River buffet.

In regards to your room, our housekeeping team takes pride in making you, our prized guest feeling at home away from home, ensuring clean and fresh rooms as well as providing daily amenities for your comfort and we thank you for your valued feedback.

And we are most delighted that you have enjoyed our amazing sandy, sunny beach and our luscious green landscape, with the many different natural attraction we have. We do appreciate you acknowledging our landscaping team in making the area more visible enlightening for you.

Besides we are thrilled that you have enjoyed the services we offer and have met your expectation from our restaurants and bars.

It wonderful for us to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the friendliness, food and warm Jamaican hospitality. We look forward to your return.

Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

First off I'd like to say my family and I went to the Grand Palladium in Jamaica. It is far superior in food, service, and overall value. The worthless staff that work at the Iberostar could not have been more rude or incompetent. All of the food tasted like the local idiot cooked it, either being burnt or hardly cooked. When we tried to order room service the woman on the phone told us to "[--] off" and to stop being so lazy and go get it ourselves at the buffet. I was disgusted and will never be going back to an Iberostar anywhere. When we told the front desk about this they said they would deal with it but ended up doing nothing as far as we know. Overall a terrible experience and I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We had a great time. Would recommend to friends and family. Clean and spacious inside and out... the bar was good... food was nice...but the staff was excellent..... Dane, Amar (aka Totsie Roll), tour organizer from JA Tours (Simone), everyone was great... thank you all for a great time in JA..

Room Tip: If you are looking for quiet.... get the inside rooms...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your valued feedback in regards to you and your experience here at the IBEROSTAR Rose hall Beach.
We are grateful for your positive remarks, and we are glad to hear that you were satisfied with the hotel in general and the amenities that we offered.

We are delighted to know that your staff had a great impact on you vacation, I will forward your comments to the respective departments to applaud their team-members. The best reward for all the hard work our employees do, is give them these compliments so they know that they are in the right path and keep with the hard work

Once again we would like to thank you for choosing the IBEROSTAR Rose Hall to spend your vacations, and we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Cheektowaga, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Beach is fine, not crowded, shallow water and sea weeds makes it average.
Facility- Good/Friendly Staff
Food-Average. Not too many buffet options.
Bar/Drink- Good
Animation- Average/good
Weather- Great
Overall impression- Good

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is certainly our pleasure to host you at this resort and from all of us here thank you for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach. We would like to thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor and for letting other readers know that you enjoyed your stay.

We are thrilled that you had such an enjoyable stay during your recent visit with us. We try hard to create experiences of a lifetime for our valued guests and their satisfaction is our reward.
We look forward to welcome you back soon either as a group or with your family.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!