“Relaxing vacation at IRHB!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel

You added Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall Main Road | Little River, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
Carlsbad, California
“Relaxing vacation at IRHB!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I traveled to Jamaica with my boyfriend from 3/17-3/22/13. We are in our early 20s. Overall, the vacation was amazing!

ACCOMMODATIONS: The room was great! The room was VERY clean. I've heard that some people didn't get a king-sized bed even though they requested one...we didn't have that problem. We asked for a king-sized bed and that's what we got :) The bed and pillows were all very comfortable. My only complaint about the rooms is that the mini bar is not restocked every day - which we didn't like because we like to have a beer on the balcony every night before we went out for dinner. The view from the balcony was amazing! We got a view of the dive shop/ocean and a view of the trees looking inland.

SERVICE: The service at the resort was amazing. When we checked into the hotel, we were given a Miami Vice drink, which was delicious! The check-in process took all of 5 minutes, if that. Then one of the employees took our bags to our room. Aside from the check-in process, the service was great. All of the employees working in the lobby, restaurants, bars, and by the pool/beach were amazing. Everyone is very friendly. Give them a tip, and they're even nicer! :)

POOL: AMAZING. The infinity pool was fabulous! The water was a bit cold, but it was refreshing after being in the sun all day. We never had a problem finding lounge chairs at the pool. The service at the pool is great too - there are employees walking around all the time asking you if you need any drinks.

BEACH: The beach was actually very disappointing for me. It is very obviously a man-made beach. While the water was nice and warm, the beach itself was lackluster. The only positives were the water and the trees - they help give shade! There is also a little bit of seaweed by the water, but its really not a big deal at all.

ENTERTAINMENT: We didn't go to any of the shows at night, except for the Pirate Beach Party. The Pirate Beach Party was so fun! They played music, had activities on the beach, and the Star Friends had a dance party with all the guests. The Star Friends are definitely awesome at this resort. Shout out to Lightening, Thunder, Smiley, Barbie, etc. They were all very nice and very entertaining! Also, we went to the club at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites next door. It was a good time. On the night I was there, they played a lot of older music (which I don't really like), but we still had a fun time.

FOOD: The food was great. I honestly don't know how people can complain about the food - there are so many options! The buffet was great - my favorite meal there was breakfast. I can honestly say that the Cajun, Steakhouse and Japanese restaurants were all delicious! The Japanese was definitely my favorite though, they put on such a great show. FYI - If you are only able to get 2 dinner reservations during your stay, go to the lobby on a day that you don't have a reservation scheduled...they can usually schedule you for a late dinner reservation at the 3rd restaurant. There is also a restaurant by the dive shop that serves breakfast/lunch/snacks. We went there a few times, and as usual, the food was great.

DRINKS: I don't know how people can complain about the drinks being watered down. I most definitely did not have that problem. My favorite drink was the Miami Vice. It is so delicious! Tastes like candy...but isn't too sweet. Also, you have to try the Bob Marley drink. I wasn't really a fan of it, but my boyfriend liked it a lot.

TRANSPORTATION: Jamaica Tours Limited provided us with transportation to and from the resort. The drive to the resort was approx. 25 mins. The drive was kind of annoying because we had to wait for everyone to get on the bus before we left the airport and then we stopped at 3 resorts before ours. The only good thing about this was that we go to see what the other resorts look like - they were ugly and looked old - IRHB was definitely the nicest one!!! The day before we left, we went to the Jamaica Tours Limited desk in the lobby to schedule our ride back to the airport. The person working the desk had all of our information and gave us all the info we needed. The drive from the resort back to the airport was super quick! Me and my boyfriend were the only ones on the bus, so we got to the airport within 15 mins or so.

Shout out to Rose Anne at the Cigar Bar/Cigar Cart. She was our favorite employee at the resort - very friendly and very funny. Thanks Rose Anne!!!!!

I would highly recommend this resort!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the managers and staff here at this resort, we would like to thank you for taking the time to give a review about your stay here. We are delighted that you gave us the opportunity to host you and are grateful that you took the time to give such a detailed review with all your pointers on your experience. When we receive such reviews we are able to have a better understanding of our good and bad points and see the areas specific to improve. It also motivates us to keep improving the areas that brought you satisfaction.

For the departments mentioned both the good and bad, we will highlight your comments to them. While we do cater to a variety of guests with varying and discerning tastes, we intend to provide an ambiance as well as services and amenities that will leave all our guests satisfied.
We are delighted to know that the pirate show was fun and that they played music, had activities on the beach, and the Star Friends had a dance party with all the guests. Besides the view of the dive shop/ocean and a view of the trees looking inland from your room was an extraordinary experience for you and we are happy we have made you vacation an extraordinary one.

Our Guest is our number one priority and we are always available to assist in every way. So once there is a situation that is reported to us, we guarantee that such request is solved.
Thank you for your recommendation to other travellers, and we do hope that you will return to any one of our many resorts with varied offerings in a variety of countries.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (577)
  • Polish first
Chester, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Background:
My wife and I had a small family gathering for a cermony on the beach on March 24th. About a dozen people flew in from around the United States. Ceremony was on the beach at 10am, and we paid for one of the photographers as part of our wedding package. Photographer did a good job.

Selected our 24 photos a few hours later, and were looking forward to picking them up later that evening. About an hour or two later, a family member informs us that the staff somehow is confused about which photos we selected. Go to the photo shop and am told that of the photos we had chosen, they are unsure about 2 of them, which ones are they? Not sure why the photostaff didn't immediately burn them to a cd when we left? So I chose what I assume are the correct photos from the 8 they said it could be.

At 9pm we go to pick up our photos, as that is the time we were told they would be ready. Go to pick them up and one of the photos doesn't even have the bride looking at the camera. I know for a fact that we did not pick that photo, so now we have serious doubts about the validity of the rest of the photos we selected. Also, their printer crops an additional amount off the picture from what is shown digitally. When we questioned the staff member regarding this, she informed us that is how it prints. So the top of my head is cut off in a shot, and my bride's bouquet is cut off in another.

At this point I realize the staff in the photoshop is incompetent, and file a complaint with guest services. Tell the manager my story, he is sympathetic, then gives me a paper to fill out. Great, I love repeating myself and leaving my wedding party to fill out paperwork. But it gets better!

The following morning I receive in my room a letter saying basically "We're sorry but the photoshop is indepently operated on the property and not affiliated with the hotel." Even though I paid for the photos through the wedding package from the hotel. No offer of additional photos or a fix, just thanks for the feedback, go pound sand basically. I was also told someone would call and speak to us the following day about this matter, and that was another empty promise.

The photoshop wasn't any better. They basically acknowledged their staff make mistakes and that was it. It took them 2 days to acknowledge the complaint / send an electronic response.

As for the rest of the trip...

Don't waste your time on the specialty restaurants. Menus are provided, but a fair number of the items on the menu aren't available to order. How difficult is it to print new menus that reflect what can be chosen by the diner?

Our wedding cake disappeared after the reception in the morning and we were told it would be provided to us at dinner. It never re-appeared.

Non-motorized watersport equipment can only be checked out for an hour at a time, on the hour. Again, subcontracted, so not affiliated with the hotel.

Room was pleasant, no complaints there. Buffet was decent. Drink selection at the bars was good.

In closing, I've been to other all-inclusives in Jamaica and the Caribbean, and will not be staying at an Iberostar property ever again. Thanks for screwing up my wedding photos.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

For the departments mentioned we will highlight your comments to them. While we do cater to a variety of guests with varying and discerning tastes, we intend to provide an ambiance as well as services and amenities that will leave all our guests satisfied. We recognize however that you were pleased with our general service.

In regarding to the situation mentioned: we are happy that the Photographer did a good job on your wedding day. We do apologies for the miscommunication that took place during the selection of your photos. We have forwarded this to the photoshop manager and we are sure a suitable solution can be found. The intention of the letter you received in your room the night before leaving was to assure you that the information has been passed on and to apologize for the experience. We are sorry if this is not the message you got from it. In regarding to the wedding cake scenario, the cake was taken to the steakhouse restaurant for your reception which was advise to the bride whenever she is ready to have it she can advise the restaurant, however we sincerely apologize even though it was not brought to our attention for this shortfall that marred your vacation.

Furthermore we are thrilled to know that you have enjoyed the ambiance of your room as well as the wide variety of foods to select from the buffet and a great drink selection at the bars which was excellent.

Our Guest is our number one priority and we are always available to assist in every way. So once there is a situation that is reported to us we guarantee that such request is solved.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Hmmmm, where to begin, a lot to say about this place.....
Location is great, not far from airport, about 15minutes to hip strip and an hour from Negril, and above all very safe. Located at the far end of a gated Iberostar community (3 hotels side by side). No matter when, morning, evening or night, the security staff is everywhere and always making sure you do not get into any trouble. The property is incredibly clean and well kept, the staff was waist deep in the pool fixing the ceramic at 11:30 at night! It is not a very large resort so getting around is really not an issue. Room was spacious and lovely. Always towels, always stocked fridge, flat screen tv with good channels and perfectly working AC. The pool is large and plenty of chairs available... big props for the reggae music they played all day long with no repeats, and the beach was also very nice. Sand and water were very clean, more than enough space and chairs, and plenty of shade. (Note: Restroom on the beach had a changing table if you are traveling with young children, i wasn't, but i would consider this to be a bonus). The staff here were also great... always at your service and never without a smile. We went wandering around the hotel at 3am looking for more drinks and the nicest man not only hooked us up with those drinks but sent us off with a bottle of champagne and 2 glasses! Not because we asked, just because he wanted to... class act, which wasn't necessary but totally appreciated. The entertainment staff was always around as well, either to get you involved in an activity or just to chat you up and see how you are enjoying your vacation, which was very nice ; ) The buffet food here was good, more than enough selection to please everyone, and the A la carte restaurants were very good also. The only nightlife around is a club in the hotel next door, but unless the hotels are full, this place doesn't get too packed. You can walk there in 3min. or take the golf cart for 30seconds, lol. Tiny casino over on that side as well.

Here are a few other things you need to know:
- Market to side of beach: do not go here if you do not have a strong character and can't say NO. They are aggressive salesmen/women and will do anything to get you to leave with something including placing the item directly in your bag or on you. (not part of iberostar)
- Excursions: Do not do Nine Mile tour without booking another excursion at the same time... example dunns river falls, or you will feel like it was a waste of money. Visit the luminous lagoon, and swim in it, don't just look at it, although it is very pretty! *Bring tip $$$ always
- Eat jerk chicken... not at the resort... from someone on the street, yum yum
- Attend the hotel beach BBQ at night, was so much fun!
- Photographer on site, this is always a plus since asking ppl to take pics can be annoying

Overall i would and have recommended this resort to plenty of ppl, it is really a place for everyone!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your informative feedback. We are ecstatic to hear that you enjoyed the service of our staff and positive comments about the security of our property, various food and drink options and convenient location of our hotel. We work assiduously for the overall satisfaction of our guests, but it is certainly reviews like yours that encourage our Management and Staff. It is not recommended by the Hotel to have our Guest visiting the Market next door due to tourist harassments and other factors that won’t be suitable for you.

We are committed in providing an ambience which satisfies our guests’ requirements. I will pass on your comments to the Manager of each department, so they can pass it to the staff. The best reward that we can give for all the hard work our employees do, is to give all these compliments so they know that they are in the right path and keep with the hard work.
We share your warm welcoming comments to the necessary departments as we are once more thankful for your review and we look forward to your visit here once more.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My family and I have vacationed at Iberostar properties in many different places throughout Mexico and the Caribbean, but usually star at a 4+ or 5 star property. This time, my husband and I were travelling with our 20 year old daughter, who had a late university break, March 2-8/2013, we wanted the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites which was not offered by our tour operator, Sunwing, so opted for the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, in Montego Bay, which is rated a 4 star property, and I would agree that it is exactly that. As expected, the grounds are beautiful and well-kept and clean. The hotel is well laid out with a beautiful pool, with swim-up bar, and the pool is in close proximity to the beach. There were many lounge chairs by the pool, and on the beach, and the hotel had many bar servers to bring drinks throughout the day. There is a buffet restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and it offered extensive variety. There was something for everybody, and for all ages. The buffet was clean and kept replenished regularly. Special requests, such as grilled chicken/beef and vegetables without oil or egg white omelettes for breakfast were easily accommodated. Buffet staff were friendly and eager to help, especially at dinner. As well, there are specialty restaurants at this resort, and we did not have a problem obtaining a reservation at any of them. We particularly liked the Cajun and Japanese restaurants. The Steak House, for us, was mediocre...too many fried choices. The Steak House is also a Beach buffet, but small, for lunch.

Although I had paid for an oceanview hotel room, I was given an oceanfront room. The location was perfect and the view was pretty. My husband and I would normally book a junior suite. At this resort, the junior suite does not offer 2 double beds, but only 1 king and a pull-out bed. I did not think it was fair to have our daughter in a pull-out, so we were limited to a regular room. I found the hotel room small, and in need of a renovation.

While at the Rose Hall Beach, I was MOST IMPRESSED with the Star Friends at this particular resort. They have unlimited smiles, energy and enthusiasm, and spent a great deal of time during each day introducing themselves, meeting and talking to guests, and getting EVERYBODY involved in activities. Particular favourites were Cadine, Jada, Maria Lava Child, Lemon Head, Thunder and Lightening. Even the trainees, Barbie and Nemo, were just wonderful. In fact, I recognized the "boss", Rafael, from one of the Mexican Iberostar properties. This resort has the BEST STAR FRIENDS of any Iberostar property we have stayed at. I sincerely hope each and every one of them is still at this Resort upon our return, and we will go back.

I am a travel consultant and since I had really wanted the property next door, Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, I made an appointment to see that property, which is walking distance from the Rose Hall Beach. In fact, the Suites has better shops, the mini casino, disco and spa. I was able to see a typical room, which was much nicer than the Rose Hall Beach. However, I was unimpressed with the property in general. The lobby and halls are "dark", whereas the Rose Hall Beach is brighter. The Suites has a Lazy River, but the grounds are prettier at the Rose Hall Beach. I would say the Rose Hall Beach is the more fun property, and more family-oriented. If you want a quieter vacation, you may opt for the Suites, but would recommend the Buffet at the Rose Hall Beach. The Suites is significantly more expensive than the Rose Hall Beach. Since most of our vacations are spent in the sun by the pool and beach, and not in the room, I would say the Rose Hall Beach is more value for your dollar. If you want truly beautiful and luxurious, try the Iberostar Grand, which is next to the Suites on the other side.

All in all, our family was very pleased with the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach. I would rate the grounds a 5, the pool a 5 and the beach a 4. It is pretty, and goes the distance of the 3 Iberostar properties. However, there was seaweed that the staff worked hard at clearing away, and for us it was clean enough.

We already miss the many staff friends we made at this Resort. We would not hesitate to go back, and hope to very soon.

Room Tip: The hotel rooms are the same, regardless of where you are located. Do not pay for oceanfront, as op...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. We are grateful that you have taken the time to review our property on your return home. Your comments about our grounds, rooms, food, and staff were also encouraging to our team. We apologize for not being able to have provided you with the junior suite room with two double beds and also for the smell of the room. We would like to reassure you that this is not a true depiction of our standards and rest assured all the corrective measures have been taken so as not to have a reoccurrence of the situation mentioned.

The Management and Staff at IBEROSTAR Resorts are committed in providing an ambience which satisfies our guests’ requirements. I will pass on your comments to the Manager of each department, so they can pass it to the staff. The best reward that we can give for all the hard work our employees do, is to give all these compliments so they know that they are in the right path and keep with the hard work.

Thank you for your valued feedback, and for choosing to vacation here with us. We sincerely hope that we will once again be given the opportunity to welcome you back here.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The hotel staff were great as were the grounds, the pool area, and the beach was really nice. The food was better than I expected! The "Star" staff really work hard for everyone to have a good time. Our only complaint was the musty smell in our room. I think we were in the oldest part of the building. They did provide us with a dehumidifer right away, but it never really helped. They did let us look at another room, but it was in the same section and smelled the same way. But as we said, it was a great time, good food and friendly atmosphere. Would stay there again.

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the Management and all our staff members, we would like to extend to your our sincerest gratitude for your kind words in regards to your vacation at our hotel IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach.
It is truly a pleasure for us to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated the friendliness and warm Jamaican hospitality of our staff; we are aware that it is only because of them that we are able to achieve our goal and the continuous improvement of our services.

In regards to the smell inside your room, we sincerely apologize and we will be bringing it to the attention of the housekeeping manager.

Once again, thank you for sharing you feed back with us. We thank you for all your wonderful comments towards our hotel, staffing, rooms, beach and most outstanding our warm hospitality and services we extend to you. We do anticipate your return once more.

virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This was our first time staying at this hotel in Jamaica. We have been 7 other times and have stayed at other hotels. Loved the infinity pool looking over the ocean.Pool was very clean. All the staff were super friendly. Our room was nice over looking the ocean. Very clean , no bugs. Maid did an excellent job, i do tip $5.00 a night. Always stayed very cool. Being a vegetarian had no problem finding something to eat. We always eat at the buffets. Food was good. Bar staff was great. Ocean was very clean and very blue. We usually sit by the pool. Chairs do go quick, but i like to get up early. We wish there had been a bar to sit outside at night and maybe a live band at night. The evenings are so pretty. The pirate beach party was fun. all in all we enjoyed the hotel. Please feed the kitties. They are so sweet. They hang out by both restuarants. I would definitly go back to this hotel and you should ignore the bad comments that i read before i went. You can contact me with any questions.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to send us this pleasant message.
On behalf the Management and all the staff of the IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach I would like to send you my warmest appreciations for choosing to be guests here and for all your compliments. We realize that there is a myriad of other resorts for you to choose from and we are deeply glad and grateful because your choice was to spend your special vacation at our resort. We are pleased to understand from your comments that you have had a memorable experience.

We are also grateful that you are impressed by our housekeeping department and the wide variety of drink you have tried as well as the lovely view of the infinity pool looking over the ocean. I will pass on your comments to the Manager of each department, so they can pass it to the staff. The best reward that we can give for all the hard work our employees do, is to give all these compliments so they know that they are in the right path and keep with the hard work. We are confident that we will be seeing you and your family soon at our resort.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Overall, not a bad place as far as all-inclusives go. The grounds, pool and beach area are nice. The rooms are nothing special but ar nice and clean. Balconies could be better but are fine. The food is good and there is a nice selection. The staff are very friendly, helpful, and hard working. The "stars" are fun and involved and I would recommend doing some of the activities and shows to get the most out of your experience. Unfortunately, the ocean there is not nice being cloudy and not very picturesque.
If you like all inclusive resorts its fine. Personally, if you really want to experience the beauty and adventure of Jamaica- go elsewhere. Spent our first 5 days in Portland, Jamaica which was amazing.

Room Tip: Get highest floor facing pool or ocean
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know you had a great vacation here with us and that you and your family had an extraordinary experience here at IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach. It is through communications of this nature that we are able to assess, maintain and deliver the level of service expected from our Hotel. We are delighted that our staff left a positive impression on your group; we will certainly pass this on to them, as gratitude and compliments show appreciation for a job well done.

Our Guest is our number one priority and we are always available to assist in every way. We are delighted that you had a grand time.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!