Hmmmm, where to begin, a lot to say about this place.....
Location is great, not far from airport, about 15minutes to hip strip and an hour from Negril, and above all very safe. Located at the far end of a gated Iberostar community (3 hotels side by side). No matter when, morning, evening or night, the security staff is everywhere and always making sure you do not get into any trouble. The property is incredibly clean and well kept, the staff was waist deep in the pool fixing the ceramic at 11:30 at night! It is not a very large resort so getting around is really not an issue. Room was spacious and lovely. Always towels, always stocked fridge, flat screen tv with good channels and perfectly working AC. The pool is large and plenty of chairs available... big props for the reggae music they played all day long with no repeats, and the beach was also very nice. Sand and water were very clean, more than enough space and chairs, and plenty of shade. (Note: Restroom on the beach had a changing table if you are traveling with young children, i wasn't, but i would consider this to be a bonus). The staff here were also great... always at your service and never without a smile. We went wandering around the hotel at 3am looking for more drinks and the nicest man not only hooked us up with those drinks but sent us off with a bottle of champagne and 2 glasses! Not because we asked, just because he wanted to... class act, which wasn't necessary but totally appreciated. The entertainment staff was always around as well, either to get you involved in an activity or just to chat you up and see how you are enjoying your vacation, which was very nice ; ) The buffet food here was good, more than enough selection to please everyone, and the A la carte restaurants were very good also. The only nightlife around is a club in the hotel next door, but unless the hotels are full, this place doesn't get too packed. You can walk there in 3min. or take the golf cart for 30seconds, lol. Tiny casino over on that side as well.
Here are a few other things you need to know:
- Market to side of beach: do not go here if you do not have a strong character and can't say NO. They are aggressive salesmen/women and will do anything to get you to leave with something including placing the item directly in your bag or on you. (not part of iberostar)
- Excursions: Do not do Nine Mile tour without booking another excursion at the same time... example dunns river falls, or you will feel like it was a waste of money. Visit the luminous lagoon, and swim in it, don't just look at it, although it is very pretty! *Bring tip $$$ always
- Eat jerk chicken... not at the resort... from someone on the street, yum yum
- Attend the hotel beach BBQ at night, was so much fun!
- Photographer on site, this is always a plus since asking ppl to take pics can be annoying
Overall i would and have recommended this resort to plenty of ppl, it is really a place for everyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This new 5-star- hotel is located in beautiful Montego Bay, Jamaica. Directly on the beach. Elegant colonial design. Water sports galore. Scuba diving. 3 specialty restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, HotelsClick, VISIT US, INC. , Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Iberostar
- Iberostar Rose Hall Jamaica
- Iberostar Jamaica
- Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel Jamaica - Montego Bay