“Nice!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel

You added Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall Main Road | Little River, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
Kentucky
“Nice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My wife and I really enjoyed this place. We had a small problem with our room but Orlando at the desk took care of it. He also unlocked my safe for me...long story! My only complaint is that the pool bar needs more help...or another bar can be set up for the beach. Thanks for the great week!

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms are on the main level as the lobby, music bar, casino and other areas.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you choose our resort, the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach for your vacation. It is certainly humbling to have you recommend our resort and gratifying to know that you selected this medium to communicate your stay with other readers.

We are thrilled to have provided you with a great holiday, and it strengthens our dedication to provide quality service to all our guest. With comments like yours, it strengthens our drive to not only meet, but exceed our guests’ expectations.

In regarding to the pool bar we will definite take that into consideration for our future plans.
Furthermore, we would like to express our gratitude for the positive remarks, and we will inform Orlando and the rest of the team of our they have contributed greatly to your vacation.
From all the team members thank you once again for your kind comments and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (604)
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I had my wedding here on March 7 2013. The hotel and all the staff with the exception of one person was beyond amazing. The rooms, grounds and beach are clean and beautiful.
The food is among the best I have had not just on vacation but anywhere. The breakfast buffet (served at two locations) was my favourite meal of the day. The selection was out of control and the quality was nothing but 5 star. Anyone who has bad things to say probably should just stay home next time because they was nothing I could find wrong with any of the restaurants or buffet.
The drinks are tasty and made to perfecton. There were pleanty of bars and places to kick back and relax.
The staff on the beach worked hard at keeping the washed up seaweed clear but it was an unforgiving task. As soon as they made it up the beach they'd have to turn around and clear it all again. None the less I was a beautiful location and the water was so warm, clear, and perfect.
The lady I think her name is Latonia she worked the pool deck by day and the lobby bar by night was my favourite person aside from my wedding coordinator on this trip. She was a pleasure to talk to and even offered us advice that will stick with me forever. She never made it feel like she was being forced to chill with us but rather that she wanted to be there conversating with our whole group. I even made it a point to see her after my wedding. She gave me a great big hug and even picked me up and spun me around. She is a wonderful person and should be rewarded for all her great work and hospitality. She is a beautiful lady on the inside and out and I hope that the resort will reward her for her greatness.
On to the wedding. Our personal coordinator SANTENA was beyond amazing as well. She did an amazing job of taking all my stress away and gave me the wedding of my dreams. Any time there was a problem the day of the wedding I'd go to her to have her fix it and low and behold she'd already have it done. We also had some help from CRYSTAL in the wedding/guest services department she was also a great pleasure to work with. Also Floyd was a great help. He always had such a big warm smile and made my worries melt away. The guest services employees are all so very great and need to be reconized for all the hard work and long hours they put in. To all the brides who are planning a wedding there you have nothing to worry about they are professional and have everything under control. They do everything in their power to give you the perfect day. The spa was great as well I did my hair and makeup with them and they made me look like a million bucks. They were friendly and blew me out of the water once I saw the final result. It was better than I had ever imagined. The bartender at the theater bar made sure we always were taking care of and even introduced me to the person who would be working my wedding day cocktail hour and beach bonfire bar. The entertainment staff was always friendly and did a great job of making everyone feel welcome and the did more than get the party started they also made sure it never stopped. The disco was a blast we shut it down more than once while we were there. The Dj always had us on our feet and made sure to play stuff to please the whole club. The night of our wedding we ended up there with a large group ranging in age from 18 all the way up to 60 something. When he saw the older people not getting up to dance he threw on some UB40 red red wine and got them all on their feet. From the maids to the belhop to the waitresses to the bartenders everyone and everything was perfect. There was only one person who caused a bit of problems for us and our group but we hope they will deal with him for the sake of Iberostar Rose Hall Beachs otherwise perfect resort.
I will tell you a little about it only as a caution to thoes going there in the future but Im pretty sure its not a big issue nor was it that big of a deal to us. Late night after the disco we would go to the cajun restuaurant where they have late night drunk snacks like pizza and fries. So we are talking late like 3AM some nights. So this will only pertain to young party animals like ourselves. Anyways, there was one guy a staff memeber of the cajun restaurant who only worked the night shifts. He was not a nice person. He made us all feel very uncomfortable. He would say to us if you take care of me Ill take care of you meaning tip wise. This did not need to be said because we are very generous with our tipping anyways. Then he continued to get loud and aggresive and yelled stuff like "I'm a real Jamaician" like wtf is he trying to say. I think he was on drugs. Also he was hiding a stash of drugs in one of the resorts bathrooms unbeknownst to any of the other staff at the resort. He then proceeded to try to sell us weed. When we wouldn't buy any off of him he once again became aggresive and rude to us. Our last night there he got really really aggresive and scary. We were once again coming in from a late night out. We all wanted a little something to eat so we took our group of about 10 20 to 30 something year olds towards the cajun restaurant. While walking there this shady guy appeared from behind us. We were all wondering why he wasn't in the restaurant where he is working but instead wondering around the resort late at night with two other guys who worked as room attendants. He then started yelling at us and tried to heard us all towards the restaurant. We began to feel uncomfortable and decided to skip the food and turn around and go back to the lobby bar. Once we turned around he started yelling more a started to also follow us. A few guys in our group being a bit drunk tried to defend the group and then we practically had to take all our group and move them before things got ugly. The security gaurds then came to see what all the yelling was about and spooked the employee enough to get him to back down. We then realize that this is not normal and we started to feel unsafe. After that we saw all kinds of guys hiding behind pilars and in the shadows as if we were going to be ambushed. Not a good night. We made a formal complaint the next day and left to go home so I hope the management will do the right thing and get rid of that guy. He is the only bad thing about that resort otherwise it is a great place. That being said I would return there again in the hopes that guy gets canned. Otherwise our trip, wedding and everything else was beyond our expectations. I just wanted to share that bad stuff so that any young girls travelling by themselves do not venture into that restaurant late at night by themselves or with our some kind of male accompaniment. That guy did not have any effect of how great my trip was he is just one rotten apple on a otherwise beautiful tree. Iberostar rose hall beach was a great place and I would recommend it to anyone young or old. I hope to go back one day. To all the staff thanks for making our wedding week a wonderful one. The resort, beach, rooms, food and people were beyond all my expectations. Thanks again Iberostar you are a true gem of the Caribbean.
xoxo another happy customer.

Also if anyone is looking for a wedding photographer Christopher Clare of Zuluspro Photography is out of this world if you need anymore info on him or anything else please email me at
mcc842002@hotmail.com

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager, we extend our gratitude and appreciation for taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay here and thank you for your kind words. It’s wonderful to know that you enjoyed your wedding ceremony, reception and the rest of your stay and that the warmth and hospitality of our staff was an asset to your wedding day. Our staff is one of our greatest assets, and we are proud to be able to offer their services. We always try our best to ensure that our guests are pleased at all times. We are happy that you have found our resort comfortable and amusing. We are excited that you had an incredible time at our resort.

IBEROSTAR Resorts believe in service not servitude. Jamaica is world renowned for its hospitable and friendly people, and we are very proud to have Jamaicans employed to our company and have incorporated the culture of the people. We sincerely apologized for the incident that took place in the Cajun Restaurant; we are investigating the matter and can assure you that this situation will be taken care of immediately. Thank you for bringing it to our attention and we hope this isolated incident did not tarnish your perception of our Resort.
We try to clean the sea grass that you saw on the beach on a daily basis and try our best to maintain the beach in impeccable conditions, we are glad that this did not put a strain on your vacation at our resort. We are pleased to understand from your comments that you have had a memorable experience from the service at the spa where you have done your hair and makeup, cocktail , bonfire as well as the amazing time spent at the disco which was a blast to the point where you “ shut it down” on more than one occasion.

I will give all your comments to the Manager of each department, and I am sure they will pass it on to their staff such as Latonia, Santena, Crystal, Floyd and all the other staff mentioned, so that they can know they have done a great job going above and beyond to make your wedding and vacation a remarkable one.

We hope that when returning to Jamaica, you will give us the opportunity to host you once again, as it was indeed our pleasure to have served you.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We took a family trip to Jamaica, myself, my two kids (18 and 13), my parents (65 and 70) and my sister in law and her husband and their baby (1yr). The hotel was elegant and beautiful, well kept, very clean.

After reading some reviews on here about staff being amazing, we had high expectations. Every staff member exceeded those expectations.

The star kids entertainment team (some of these are nicknames that they respond to); Smiley, Thunda (Khadar), Barbie (Suan), Jada (Jodi Ann), Monique, JR, Patrick (Lemon Head), Cadine, Jamile and so many more.

The servers in the buffet restaurant; Remona, George, the chefs who made personalized omelettes for me and my mom due to some dietary restrictions and allergies.

The bartenders, Andrew in the Lobby bar.

The photographers, Natalee, Gary, Ato, Mark, all the photographers that roam around the resort taking pictures of guests and you have the option of purchasing.

The food was to die for! They had some days where they taught how to cook Paella and did barbeque on the beach which was delicious! The buffet had a variety of food which was great for everyone. The Japanese and Cajun restaurants were delicious. The Steakhouse was good, but the later you went the less variety there was for an antipasto buffet and dessert buffet.

There were numerous activities throughout the day for every age group run by the star kids, Stretch class every morning, dance class, volleyball, soccer, table tennis, boccie ball for the older folks.

Every night they have different theme shows at different times, earlier for the kids and then a later show for the adults.

They also had a disco club at the hotel next door part of the same resort which is closed in for the young adult crowd and very safe.

The pool was great, swim up bar, a little whirlpool, all the same depth 4.4 ft. it was slightly cold but we spent most of our time at the beach anyways.

They brought drinks everywhere you were, good drinks that we enjoyed were miami vice, blue hawaii, mai tai, jamaican smile, tropical coconut, and for those non alcohol drinkers-- tigers and banana colada.

They had numerous activities you could do, para-sailing, banana boating, scuba diving, snorkeling.

The beach was well kept every day, every morning they would rake up the seaweed and pick it up along the shore. There were a lot of recliners available on the beach so finding a spot was not a problem. The water was kept clean and we had a wonderful time in the ocean.

Everyone had a wonderful time. We can't wait to go back and we would recommend this hotel for anyone!

Room Tip: You could go with a garden view and still get a view of the pool and ocean. The good thing about the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Please allow us the opportunity to let you know how elated we are to know that you had a really great time here with us at this resort. We are very sincere in expressing our thank you for using this medium to let the readers know how your vacation experience was. We are proud of the services and amenities we offer to all our guests and it is very encouraging to know you were pleased with the product in general.

It also gives us great pleasure to know that our staff was able to make a formidable impression on your entire family and that you enjoyed the services of our staff and the foods that we offer. As you have mentioned the star kids entertainment team such as Smiley, Thunda (Khadar), Barbie (Suan), Jada (Jodi Ann), Monique, JR, Patrick (Lemon Head), Cadine, Jamile and others have made you enjoy yourself all day long. Besides the servers in the buffet restaurant; Remona, George, and the chefs who made personalized omelettes for you and your mom due to some dietary restrictions and allergies makes it an incredible vacation to remember. For all the rest of the departments you have mentioned we will forward the comment to them so they can know how incredible they made your vacation.

Once again, it is our pleasure to know that you enjoyed our services and that we were able to provide you a delightful stay. We hope that when returning to Jamaica, you will give us the opportunity to thank you and your family for your recommendation to other travellers, and we do hope that you will return to any one of our many resorts with varied offerings in a variety of countries.

Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Just letting you know we had a great honeymoon, thanks for a great room and fruitplate and wine in our room
The steak house was wonderful and our server Yanique was helpfull and pleasant.
The entertainment was great as well just the playmakers was not friendly or talkitive to us but hotels always have that problem, staff tend to pay more attention to american "white" but we are good.
On behalf of my husband and I we are happy we choose you guys over Secrets for our honeymoon.
Thanks again

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule and posting your experience on Tripadvisor. To receive such comments is both humbling and rewarding and we are encouraged by these words. We know there is a variety of resorts and destination you could have selected and we are humbled that you chose our resort. It was our pleasure to have had you here and be able to offer our services to you ,living up and exceeding your expectations.

We appreciate you highlighting our services, layout, food and beverage. For all the team members mentioned, we will tell their managers that their hard work resulted in us having pleased guests, who plan to return. They will be motivated and encouraged by this as well.

Once again thank you for sharing your comments and we hope you will not hesitate to select our resort once again for your vacation experience.

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We visited the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach the first week of September 2012 for our anniversary. From the airport by taxi only took about a 10 minute drive to get to the resort.

The resort is beautiful and very well kept. The Beach is narrow but long as it streaches to the other two Iberostar resorts next door. The water is crystal clear with little to no waves. This let us take advantage of the snorkling reefs they have right off the beach. Snorkling equiptment is provided free of charge.

Our room was great. We were given a room with an ocean view without even booking it.
Room was always clean with towel art when we returned from the pool/beach.

Buffet was good. Wide variety of foods to choose from and made to order stations. We only tried one of the a la cart's, the japanese one. They seat you at a station with a grill so you can watch your food being prepared. Our cook must have been brand new because he kept aksing the waitresses for assitance while the cook at the next grill was putting on a show for his people.

Entertainment was ok. Each night there was a different show, one night was a singing trio another was a comedy act where they would pull people on stage. These shows were empty but I think it's because this seemed to be their slow time as the resort couldn't have been near 1/2 capacity.

WIFI was only available in the lobby at a cost.

I would recommend this reort to couples but families may want to stay at the iberostar next door as we heard they have a small water park for kids. (Staying at the Iberostar beach you were not allowed access to that water park)

All in all it was a wonderful trip and wonderful resort!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your anniversary at our resort. We will share with all the departments that they formed part of a team that contributed to your happiness at our resort, we are certain they will appreciate it. Besides we are happy that you enjoy our restaurants with the variety of cuisine options as well as the entertainment team. Furthermore we are definitely looking forward to see you on the next visit. We are pleased to understand from your comments that you have had a memorable experience from the daily cleaning of your room to the snorkeling, even the magnificent architectural design and the friendly and exquisite ambiance of our hotel.

We are confident that we will be seeing you soon at our resort.
Once again thank you for your wonderful comments and we hope that you return with more friends and family to our amazing country Jamaica and to the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach.

Brandon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Enjoyed our first trip to Jamaica and would definately go back to the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach.
The food was excellent...always a variety of foods for everyone's taste. Should have better labels for those with food allergies but staff were always helpful. We tried the Japanese restaurant and it was very good, would be better with real Japanese cooks but the cooks were accomodating for food allergies and also entertaining!
The pool was cold for swimming and the pool deck was crowded with smokers and drinkers. I wouldn't want to have children in that atmosphere. We spent most of our time at the beach and off to the east side of the pool area where there was less noise and little to no second hand smoke. The bar staff did come around often and took orders rather than us walking to the bar.
The use of the catamarans, kayaks, and the scuba lessons were wonderful. We spent an hour with Sean having a lesson on how to pilot the Catamaran....he was an excellent instructor and took us out for a swim on one of the sand-bars. It was an enjoyable experience! We are looking forward to our next trip to Jamaica. The staff were excellent in all areas; the rooms were kept spotless and the resort itself was very clean. Great stay at the Iberostar!

Room Tip: Less noise the higher up you are and further away from the pool. We were on the west side over the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

On behalf of the Management and all our staff members, we would like to extend to your our sincerest gratitude for your kind words in regards to your vacation at our hotel IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach.

It is truly a pleasure for us to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated the friendliness and warm Jamaican hospitality of our staff; we are aware that it is only because of them that we are able to achieve our goal and the continuous improvement of our services. We are thrilled that you have tried the Japanese restaurant which was spectacular not to mention the outstanding performance displayed by the cooks. We are happy that we were able to cater for your allergies.

We are delighted to know that the use of the catamarans, kayaks, and the scuba lessons were wonderful.. We will inform Sean about these comments of how he was an excellent instructor and took you out for a swim on one of the sand-bars.
It is always a pleasure to know that our guests enjoy their time here as we aim to satisfy all our guests. It also motivates us to know that based on meeting your expectations, you will be returning to our hotel.

We are looking forward to welcoming you here once again in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Iberostar Rose Hall beach for a family wedding. We were unsure after reading some reviews but were blown away when we got there. The resort was clean and well kept.

Some rooms were better than others though. Ours was on the 4th floor facing the pool. It was good. The rooms on the other side (2302) were musty smelling and damp. Keep your patio door closed though 'cause bugs can fly in.

The food was fantastic!!! The service was friendly and the crew was great. The whole place had a good spirit. Everyone in our family was impressed. The beach was nice also. We would definitely return. The steak house and the Japanese restaurant were great. They also did some high quality beach BBQ's.

We took an excursion to Rick's cafe through the hotel and we got a group rate for $35 per person and they gave us a bus! The jerk stand outside of Rick's Cafe was excellent.

The buffet's had an excellent assortment of food and breakfast always had great freshly squeezed juices (my favourite).

We were sad to leave :(

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest,

We are pleased to have hosted you at our resort and we are delighted to know that you had a great stay with us. We would like to thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor and for letting other readers know that you enjoyed your stay.

It is gratifying to have provided you and your family a pleasing vacation. We are certainly proud to have such wonderful and dedicated employees who always go above and beyond to meet and exceed your expectations. Thank you for specially mentioning the beach barbeque which you have enjoyed besides the buffet's which has an excellent assortment of food and breakfast which always had great freshly squeezed juice which became your favorite.

We are flattered that you have recommended our resort and we are definitely looking forward to welcoming you and your family back to our resort for another great time.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!