This resort has a nice beach, good buffet restaurant, nice rooms, and is compact enough that getting around is easy for old folks like us. There are some oddities that you might want to keep in mind:
a. the room a/c, lights and plugs shut off when you leave the room so plugging in your camera or tablet to charge won't work when you're out;
b. the bar fridge is in a cupboard; opening the cupboard door a few inches really speeds up cooling the contents;
c. there's a sign on the balcony door warning NOT to shut it when you go out on the balcony; they're not kidding because you can get locked out there; of course leaving it open shuts off the room air conditioning;
d. nearly ALL the lighting indoors and out goes off around 5 am; take a flashlight if you think you might need to get around from then until dawn;
e. someone has provided the Star Friends (animation staff) with a sound system that is capable of near nuclear sound volume and they can't resist using it to the max; at around 11 am there's aerobics at a volume that is okay, but by 3 pm it's so loud that we couldn't have a conversation on our 4th floor balcony or anywhere within sight of the pool; having to flee to someplace out of sound range definitely detracts from an otherwise delightful holiday;
f. the floor numbering in the elevators is not the same as the room/floor numbers; I am not going to try to explain it;
g. we were able to use Dekal SuperWIFI on our balcony, which is Jamaica wide internet access for about US$25 PER MONTH as opposed to the resort internet access for US$75 PER WEEK.
All in all we enjoyed going back for our second trip. The short trip from and to the airport is a bonus. The staff work hard and tips are appreciated (US$1 bills work great).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This new 5-star- hotel is located in beautiful Montego Bay, Jamaica. Directly on the beach. Elegant colonial design. Water sports galore. Scuba diving. 3 specialty restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., VISIT US, INC. , Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Iberostar
- Iberostar Rose Hall Jamaica
- Iberostar Jamaica
- Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel Jamaica - Montego Bay