Just returned last night from a 4 night stay. great timing as we missed the blizzard at home:)
Here is my breakdown
Room- We had a ocean front with a balcony. The room was very clean. The shower ROCKED! Rain head and lots of volume. The bed - if you like a firm/hard bed you are in luck. We don't. Room tip - Get at least a 2nd floor room if you want view. The first floor rooms have a solid 4foot wall. No view of the ocean unless you are standing :(
Beach - Lots of chairs. But we went during a slower time. The staff/entertainers try to get people involved in the different activities but are not pushy about it. There is bar service on the beach. No flag to raise so you have to just wait for the girl to come around or just go to the bar yourself. I saw quite a few folks with big cooler mugs that they would get filled.
Food. There is nothing bad about it. The buffets had lots of fresh salads , breads, all different types of meats and fish.The Jerk Chicken is very good.
The restaurants - Cajun - ok nothing to knock your socks off. Same thing for the Japanese Hibachi place. It's ok. It was better than I thought it would be. If come from somewhere that has good Japanese or Cajun you'll know what I mean. We did not try the Steakhouse. TIP! make reservations as soon as you check in! You are only guaranteed 2 reservations for a 4 night stay.
It is a BIG resort that does have that feeling that if you swapped out the staff you could be on any tropical beach in the world. It is a big safe place. Even the locals that show up in the morning and evening on kayaks to hawk ganja and local art (beads and carvings) play by the rules. The do not come up on the beach. You have to go to them.
So now to the negative. Wifi is a joke. It is only available in the lobby/bar area. It is pitifully slow. I never got over 250kbs (yes k not M!) So don't even try to view a video or dl/ul a large file for work. The kicker? YOU HAVE TO PAY EXTRA FOR IT!
$2 for 30 min
$4 for 1hr
$6 for 2hrs
$20 for 24hrs
$75 (or 70? ) for 7 days.
It is annoying in that you have to wait at the main desk. Wait for them to break oout the big book,you pay ,then they give you a slip of paper with a USER name and PASSWORD that will only work for the specified time period.
It is annoying and the staff ,although always pleasant are constantly interrupted in what they are doing to handle this. I was told by them that they really wished they did not have to do this any more.
I was amazed that in this day this multinational hotel company would still be stuck on this paradigm.
So except for the Wifi issue this is a fine resort that delivers what they promise.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Montego Bay
- Iberostar Rose Hall
- Iberostar Rose Hall Beach
- Montego Bay Iberostar
- Iberostar Rose Hall Jamaica
- Iberostar Jamaica
- Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel Jamaica - Montego Bay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This new 5-star- hotel is located in beautiful Montego Bay, Jamaica. Directly on the beach. Elegant colonial design. Water sports galore. Scuba diving. 3 specialty restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, VISIT US, INC. , Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.