I just spent 2 glorious weeks with my husband and 3 friends at this amazing Resort from January 26th to February 9th, 2013. We have travelled for many years and been to many Resorts. This one is our favourite and we will definitely be returning.
With the exception of one minor personal negative matter on which I will comment at the end of this review, this Resort was outstanding. It gets top points for cleanliness in the rooms, lounge area, pool area, beach, bathrooms and eating areas. The staff is very , friendly, entertainment was very good but top points go to the buffet food. Two of the A la carte Restaurants were not the best which is unusual for Resorts. The Japanese and the Cajun we did not repeat during our second week but we did for the Steak House. The Buffet was the best we have ever had both for variety and selection. Every lunch and every dinner had something new and extremely tasty.
They had fruits we have never tried before and always a wonderful selection. They had a fish (never heard of it but it started with a “P”) that was so delicious we ate it whenever it was served at the buffet. They also had the best and hottest coffee of all the islands. We also took a pass on the beach BBQ probably because the buffet was so amazing.
In the lounge nightly, they had different themes for the music.. Played softly, but just there. One night old tunes, then country etc. Nice. And the music was softly played at the buffet also.
There are sufficient lounge chairs both at the pool and the beach, with enough shade for everyone who wants it.
The bar service on the beach and pool is the best. We did have difficulty for a few days getting bar service in the lounge because we were not at the immediately bar area, choosing to sit away from the noise but after speaking to management, that problem was rectified.
A warning to families with children – there is no children’s pool.
The only thing I did not personally like was the loudness of the music and especially the microphone of the entertainment crew both on the beach and around the pool. We did, a few days, ask them to turn it down because we could not speak to the person sitting beside us without shouting and they did but you had to do it daily. It lasted from 10 am to 11:30 am and then moved to the pool which abuts the beach and would start up again at the pool at 12:00. That said, there was an amazing young man, Patrick “Lemonhead”, who was part of the entertainment crew. He never failed to put a smile on our face and make us laugh every day. Definitely the “star” of the Resort.
Should be a 6 star Resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This new 5-star- hotel is located in beautiful Montego Bay, Jamaica. Directly on the beach. Elegant colonial design. Water sports galore. Scuba diving. 3 specialty restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Iberostar
- Iberostar Rose Hall Jamaica
- Iberostar Jamaica
- Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel Jamaica - Montego Bay