Front desk check in agent was unwelcoming - no smiling, no words of welcome, no warmth. All our interactions with her during our stay were the same. When asked on a different day if she knew what the weather was supposed to be like that day, she rolled her eyes and said she was not sure - we would have to wait for guest services to open in 30 minutes to find out.
At check-in, the agent gave us our room number and said the bellman would show us to our room. We only had one bag, but were willing to have the bellman show us to our room as we understand that this is also how they make their living - tips. But no bellman was available. We waited several minutes and then decided to try to figure where to go as the check-in agent stared at us and offered no guidance.
Ten minutes after arriving in our room, and literally seconds after I had changed, the minibar attendant knocked once and walked into the room. As my husband greeted him at the door asking what he was doing, he just walked in without asking if he could enter.
Also, we were supposed to have a Pool view room, but our room looked over the daycare's playground. After the unfriendly reception we received, decided it was not worth trying to ask it a different room as this would probably not end well and upset us more in the beginning of our vacation.
We then decided to go make dinner reservations at the Guest Services desk where a yound man was sitting. After explaining to the top of his head that we wanted to make reservations, he did not look up and simply said he was closed and we would have to come back in 10 minutes.
There was absolutely no courtesy from any of the frontline staff; no greetings, no holding doors open - we actually had several staff wait for us to open the door for them and after walking through it, would not even thank us for holding it open.
Though it is all inclusive, drinks are poured very stingily. They are all free-poured, but not one drink had more than half an ounce in it.
Vanessa at the Guest Services desk was very friendly and helpful - always smiling. Paul in the Jambalaya restaurant was warm and friendly, as was Godfrey at the Steak House. All the hotel maintenance staff and housekeeping staff greeted us in the hallways and asked how our vacation was so far.
I know the sounds like we had a horrible time, but that is not the case at all. We had a nice time, because we know how to make the best out of a bad situation... But we were so disappointed that there was such a lack of warmth and friendliness, especially from an Iberostar Resort.
If you go with no expectations of service, then you will have no disappointment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This new 5-star- hotel is located in beautiful Montego Bay, Jamaica. Directly on the beach. Elegant colonial design. Water sports galore. Scuba diving. 3 specialty restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Iberostar
- Iberostar Rose Hall Jamaica
- Iberostar Jamaica
- Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel Jamaica - Montego Bay