This was the first stay for our family at an all-inclusive resort in Jamaica. Overall I must say my expectations were exceeded. On arrival to the hotel via the shuttle from the airport, my first impression was "Wow!" The entrance hall was gorgeous, mahogany everywhere, enormous Moorish chandeliers from the ceilings. Our room, while not huge, was spacious enough, had a safe for valuables, mini-fridge, and balcony. On request, the staff provided and installed a third bed into our two-double bed room at no additional cost. In contrast to some of the other reviewers, I thought the food at the general buffet restaurant was very good, with a considerable selection that changed frequently. We tried as much local fare as possible, loving the curried goat, oxtail and other stews, and fish dishes. Possibly our favorite place in the resort was the balcony outside the restaurant where we could eat and see the Caribbean so close. The beach, while not entirely natural, was very pleasant, especially sitting under the trees. The dive shop offered some nice excursions where you could see quite a lot simply snorkeling. The staff, as well as Jamaicans in general that I met, were all warm and helpful.
The drawbacks included limited internet/wifi connectivity, which was available only from the lobby and needed to be purchased separately. We also really enjoyed the "canopy tour" run by a local excursion company called Chukka, but didn't know whether the tour we ordered online several weeks prior to our selected date would take place, since they did not guarantee unless they had sufficient other participants. In the end we went on a different excursion, but only made it by accident because the company, through the hotel, did not notify us prior to the tour (we were walking by the lobby and happened to ask a concierge, who said our tour would depart in 30 minutes!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This new 5-star- hotel is located in beautiful Montego Bay, Jamaica. Directly on the beach. Elegant colonial design. Water sports galore. Scuba diving. 3 specialty restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, VISIT US, INC. , Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Iberostar
- Iberostar Rose Hall Jamaica
- Iberostar Jamaica
- Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel Jamaica - Montego Bay