I would like to comment on our stay at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach from December 21st to December 28th 2012. We intended to spend Christmas in the sand and under the palm trees. We took this trip with another couple..
Overall nice hotel but very disappointing Christmas day dinner and party. Little things will not make us go back. To our opinion, a bit overpriced with the cons we experienced.
. Overall very nice hotel, generally very clean. Very nice grounds and landscape.
. The staff we dealt with, except security, was very nice, helpful and respectiful. Service was quick also with great smiles.
. Good food, variety and consistency ok.
. Staff was quick to answer room requests (missing towels and safety lock issues)
. No problem with chairs at the beach. Plenty of them.
. Specialty restaurants were good. Especially the steakhouse and japanese.
. The beach was generaly clean in the morning...
. Good BBQs at the beach.
. Christmas dinner had 2 services. 6:30 and 8:30. The first service had a band playing Christmas music. Our service at 8:30 had absolutely nothing. The band was gone and not even a CD was playing. All we heard was people taliking and noises from the buffet. Very disappointing when you spend so much money for a memorable Christmas and you do not even hear music from a CD.
. Inappropriate segregation when going shopping or visiting to the Rose Hall Suite.. Security makes you enter by a side door along the main building even though you are well dressed up. Access via the lobby door is denied. We went to shop before dinner, therefore nicely dressed up. Major turnoff.
. Inconsistent maid service. We had to call 3 days in a row for missing face towels.
. Some rooms need a bit of refreshing.. Ours smelled bad and there were traces of mold on the ceiling. Same thing for the room of friends we were with. Ours smelled a bit worse as well as there were always fumes from a grill not far. Consistent every day.
Summary: nice hotel and location but will not go back unless cheaper $.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This new 5-star- hotel is located in beautiful Montego Bay, Jamaica. Directly on the beach. Elegant colonial design. Water sports galore. Scuba diving. 3 specialty restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, HotelsClick, VISIT US, INC. , Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Iberostar
- Iberostar Rose Hall Jamaica
- Iberostar Jamaica
- Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel Jamaica - Montego Bay