“Mi love Jamaica!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall Main Road | Little River, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
Oakville, Canada
“Mi love Jamaica!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Oh my goodness, where do I even begin!? I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS PLACE!
I guess I'll start off by saying I'm a 20 year old female and I was travelling with my 17 year old brother and my parents. This was actually our second visit, as we came here for New Year's last year and loved it so much we decided to come again.
My favourite part about our trip last year was the entertainment staff, and I have to say they were even better this time around. Marlando, aka Smiley, is super fun! As soon as he saw us, he recognized us from last year! It made me feel like we were visiting an old friend, and I do feel as if I have become friends with some of them. Even the trainees are great, especially Opia! (If management happens to be reading this, please tell her boss that she's such a hard worker and does a great job!) They'll certainly leave you alone if you're not in the mood to socialize, although I highly recommend taking some time to talk to them. They are all really interesting people.
Ok, now what are some other things that might be of interest?
FOOD: We did not try the a la carte restaurants. I'm not exactly sure why, probably because my brother was too picky about the menu and would rather eat at the buffet. I was totally fine with that because the buffet has a lot of selection and I always found really tasty food to eat (I'm a vegetarian and I had plenty of options to choose from).
DRINKS: bar in every direction? Check! Just fyi, if you don't order from the bar directly, it takes a little while to get your drinks because the waitress does a full round and takes many orders at once. That being said, we were on vacation so we had no problems waiting the 10-15 minutes haha no rush in Jamaica mon
SHOWS: the shows were great this year compared to last year! I mean, they were good last year too, but they really improved the whole production. The costumes are elaborate and beautiful, the dancers are very talented, and the shows themselves are very creative. Every few nights, they have a show that involves the audience, which is always a good time. Who doesn't enjoy watching drunk people play games for prizes? ;)
ACTIVITIES: every day around 11am, the morning activities start, run by the entertainment staff. They usually involve beach aerobics, a dance class, and some beach games like volleyball or soccer. They run these as tournaments and whoever wins gets to claim their prize before the show at night. Then the staff takes a little break and they come back around 3pm for some more activities and a "crazy game". Half the fun is trying to guess what the game will be so I won't give anything away haha
ROOMS: clean and comfortable, doesn't really get much better than that.
Alright I think I got everything... nope I lied, I just remembered something else. There were a lot of young children at this resort, but they weren't bothersome because there were always plenty of activities going on for them. The entertainment staff is really good with them as well.
As for people my age, there were a lot of them too... and we were probably a lot more noticeable than the children hahaha. Also, the disco is open every night from 10pm until 3am, I believe. I went three times and it got busy starting from around 12-12:30, but not overcrowded so it was pretty fun actually. They play a great mix of Jamaican music and "American" music. Although I could have done without Gangnam Style, amiright? haha
Ok I've definitely blabbed on long enough. I hope this review helps someone out there!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time in giving us your valued feedback in regards to your experience. It is through communications of this nature that we are given an opportunity to assess and evaluate our performance, as well as to ensure that we maintain and deliver the level of service expected from our Hotel. It is always a pleasure to share flattering comments of our guests, addressed to our team, it is a great motivation to every one of us and we are looking forward to congratulate our team members, so generously mentioned in your review.

We are happy to know that we had verities at our main buffet , however if had chosen one of your a la carte restaurant I am pretty sure that your brother would have found something on our menu or you could even speak to our chefs who are very flexible.
With such comments we are positive that you will be coming back to your hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (563)
  • Polish first
Stockbridge, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Christmas 2012 caught my son and me home in Jamaica, where besides celebrating my sister's 50th birthday we were able to spend a couple of nights at my home away from home, the Hilton Rosehall. Complements of the Hilton's management staff, I was able to stay a night at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel. Even as late as I checked in the staff was helpful and accommodating. I was accidently dropped off at the Iberostar Grand, but once the reservation was located, I was transported quickly to "The Beach". A busy time of year the hotel was seemingly quite, even though "The Grand" had a musician playing in the reception area. The bellman was efficient, and the room was adequate. The bedding however left must to be desired, as I found the pillows hard and the matrass uninviting. The hotel is set in a quadrangle which makes everything easy to find. Seating at breakfast, is on your own, I rather prefer a warm greeting at the entrance and enquiry as to my preference of seating, this allows for the guests and the hotel staff to get to know each other, so on the next visit to the dining room one can be greeted in a welcoming and familiar way. I asked for and did a very short site inspection. I was given several brochures that highlighted each property, which will serve me well as I was not able to see an of the other room categories. This hotel has a lot of potential, with a great location, good staff and adequate resources.

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the management and staff I would like to extend our appreciation of you taking the time out to share with us about your visit here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort.
The Management and Staff at IBEROSTAR Resorts are committed in providing an ambience which satisfies our guests’ requirements.

I will pass on your comments to the Manager of each department, so they can pass it to the staff. The best reward that we can give for all the hard work our employees do, is to give all these compliments so they know that they are in the right path and keep with the hard work.
I will also forward your suggestions towards the necessary heads of the department so that for future visit from you or any other guest it can be more welcoming.
Once again, it is a pleasure having you at our hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you once again.

Hoboken, Nj
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 days and there's one word to describe it ....BORING. the decor was nice, the customer service was slow, the room service was ok, the spa wasn't half bad and spent most of my time there. the place was really quiet if that's what you want. I spent 3 days before coming to this hotel in Ocho Rios and had a better time there.

what to watch out for the most? ROACHES! every day I came back from a tour i saw roaches coming from every where. really disgusting. i spent most of my time screaming in disgust and repeatedly calling the front desk. what was their response? a can of raid. before i left i made sure to shake all of my clothes and luggage. definitely won't be referring this hotel.

this hotel is 20 mins from downtown mobay. you can find better hotels closer.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your taking the time to give us your feedback and for choosing to vacation here with us.
While we are committed in providing an ambience which satisfies our guests’ requirements, we sincerely regret if the circumstances mentioned may have affected your vacation experience and your perception of our hotel.

Kindly accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience which you may have encountered due to such. I will most definitely put this to the attention of the housekeeping manager, and we will be looking into this issues mentioned. Also, we do have frequent health and safety inspections and we never had any issues with pests.

Once again, we hope that your perception of IBEROSTAR Hotels and Resorts hasn’t been tarnished due to these circumstances. We sincerely hope that we will be given the opportunity in the future to prove to you our commitment to excellent customer service and satisfaction.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We just returned from a great week at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach in Jamaica to celebrate my 50th birthday. We have two children- 10 and 14 years old and we ALL had a great time! The resort was lovely- very clean and well maintained with a great staff. We had an oceanview junior suite (room 1332) and we really enjoyed having the balcony and the ability to have the extra space to hang out if the kids were sleeping late, etc The view was incredible! The room was spacious and kept very clean each day. Our only complaint was that the air conditioning did not work too well and there were times where we were quite warm- but it was mostly tolerable. The ceiling fan does help. We enjoyed the abundant amount of food at the buffets - there was always something good to eat. Even our picky 10 year old was always able to get something from the pasta bar. The ala carte restaurants were not too good - the Japanese was ok, but we did not care for the Steakhouse or the Cajun spot. The beach bbqs for lunch were my favorite!
The Star Friends Staff as well as all of the bartenders and waitresses, etc...were all terrific and went out of their way to make sure we always had a drink in hand and were having fun!
Our only complaint, was that the front desk service was slow - one night we ran out of toilet paper and had to call the front desk 3 times until someone finally came to our room about 45 minutes later to replenish it. The same went for room service...several times we ordered our daughter chicken nuggets and it usually took about an hour for it to arrive. We loved hanging out at the beach and the pool all day and fully enjoyed many of the water sports including para sailing, kayaking, sailing, banana boat and snorkeling. All and all it was a great trip and I would highly recommend this resort.
Two suggestions- bring a lot of one dollar bills (American) for tips. Even though it's all-inclusive, you will want to tip the bar tenders, chamber maids, etc. Also, I don't know if it was because it was Christmas week, but we had a 2 hour wait in the baggage line at the airport when we were leaving; you might want to pack snacks as there was no time left to go for food and the plane ride home only served nuts and pretzels.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, we are delighted that you selected our property for your vacation, and humbled to know that you had a fantastic vacation with us. On behalf of all the team members here, we appreciate the opportunity you gave us to host your vacation. We would also like to thank you for using this medium to share your vacation experience with other readers.

It strengthens our determination when we receive comments like yours, to continuously improve our services. For all the departments you have made mention of we will pass on your kind comments to them. Likewise for the areas you mentioned that may have impacted negatively on your experience, we will bring your comments to the respective departments so that they are made aware.

We do hope we will be given the opportunity to host you and your family for another vacation, as we certainly look forward to welcoming you back once again.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Iberostar does a good job we enjoyed the food and the staff were excellent.
They still have an issue at the front desk with getting water! WOW you think this would be fixed with all the reviews saying similar things. The xmas eve dinner was just great with a large selection for all tastes.
I wish they could provide more than one type of beer.

Thanks again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager, we would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Iberostar Beach Resort and Spa for a second time. We are delighted to know that you had an unforgettable vacation. We are extremely happy that you had enjoy our Christmas eve dinner, as we always try to satisfy our guests. In regards to the issue you had encountered with the Front desk regarding water, we will inform the department so that on your next visit to our Hotel you will never have a reoccurrence of such an issue. We will also inform the Restaurant and Bar department so that on your next trip to paradise we will do our best to have options available for you.

We hope to be able to offer you our hospitality again. Once again thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Beach Resorts and Spa Hotel.

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Just returned Dec. 29/12 after a week with our teenage daughters. There are 3 separate resorts on one property and this one is geared to families/budget conscious. Staff are all incredibly helpful and friendly. Minor quibbles? Lots of selection at the buffet, but many things were either bland/salty/sweet. Best meal was at the Cajun restaurant. Clock radio in room didn't work, iron cord was dangerously frayed, toilet a little sluggish, bottled water not replenished in room daily, musty smell in our room but not in kids. Having said that, if we'd bothered to say anything I'm sure staff would have acted immediately to sort it out. The charge to use Wifi in lobby area just irritating.There was enough for the kids to do so we could lie around at the beach. Easy and relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: 2332 had a great balcony and ocean view.
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time in giving us your valued feedback in regards to your experience. Furthermore, we would like to express our gratitude for the positive remarks, and we are glad to hear that you were satisfied with the hotel in general.

We are disappointed to know that the circumstances mentioned affected your vacation experience and your perception of our hotel. Kindly accept our apologies for any inconvenience which you may have encountered due to such. Rest assured that all the corrective measures have been taken to not have a reoccurrence of the situation mentioned.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and for having chosen to vacation with us. We hope that your perception of IBEROSTAR Hotels and Resorts hasn’t been tarnished due to this isolated circumstance. We sincerely hope that we will once again be given the opportunity to prove to you our commitment to excellent customer service and satisfaction

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This resort was fantastic. The staff was friendly and attentive from the moment we arrived (they greeted us with a frozen cocktail) until the minute we boarded the shuttle to depart. The food offerings were wonderful. They have a handful of options throughout the day, from Japanese to Cajun (our favorite) and even a Steakhouse. The Main buffet offerings were also a great option. By the second day, the staff at the main buffet were calling our kids by their names. The pool has an entertainment crew that gets all the guests involved in all sorts of activities (adults, kids, and family fun). Even on the one day that it rained, we enjoyed spending time at the main bar where 'Mr. Business' kept us entertained while the drinks were flowing. The only issue I had was the WiFi was only available in the main lobby or cafe but if you are on vacation, that should be the least of your worries...I can't rave enough about the wonderful time we had...and as a plus, I contacted the resort a month later with a question, and they replied right back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time in giving us your valued feedback in regards to your experience. It is through communications of this nature that we are given an opportunity to assess and evaluate our performance, as well as to ensure that we maintain and deliver the level of service expected from our Hotel. Furthermore, we would like to express our gratitude for the positive remarks, and we are glad to hear that you were satisfied with the hotel in general.

Jamaica is world renowned for its hospitable and friendly people, and we are very proud to have Jamaicans employed to our company and have incorporated the culture of the people and showcase this through our scheduled daily activities and nightly shows. We will therefore inform all the department staff that had stamp a lifelong lasting vacation experience for you and your family.

We look forward to see you again at the Iberostar Resort and Spa or any of our Resorts. Thanks again for your valid feedback.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!