“Best vacation ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel

You added Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall Main Road | Little River, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
NJ
“Best vacation ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Sorry folks but I can't find one thing to complain about . The beach , grounds , food , service , and rooms were without a doubt the best that we have had in a long time . While dining on the buffet patio our waiter David took care of our every need , he was the best . Ms. Spice and Megatron kept us entertained . The fire eater on the beach at night was unbelievable . We will be back and have passed the word around . We visited for 6 nights Feb 7 - 13 . RIP Crazy Dwayne .

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

It is truly a pleasure for us to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated the friendliness and warm Jamaican hospitality of our staff; we are aware that it is only because of them that we are able to achieve our goal and the continuous improvement of our services. We will give your comments to the managers of the various departments mentioned here, so that they can let their team members know about the excellent job they are doping and to keep up the good work. We look forward to welcoming you back here.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (584)
  • Polish first
Orillia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Let me start by saying, it was my 2nd time there in 3 months. I cannot say enough about this resort, the staff, the location and the amenities. It truly is the whole package. Chairside service at the Beach and the Pool, was absolutely incredible. Chinet, our server is quick, courteous,, friendly and incredibly efficient. This was my second visit to the resort and it just gets better in every way. the entertainment crew, Lava Girl and Smiley in particular are amazing at what they do. The grounds crew, Valiant and Robert so friendly and helpful. Ramona and Omar, servers in the breakfast buffet, are wonderful and go above and beyond to assure you start your day off right. Dalbert at the pool/beach bar is friendly and accommodating. I stepped on a jellyfish my first trip and Henry the Lifeguard went out of his way to treat it and make sure it felt better. Lurenzo and Alric are also keeping us safe while having a watchful eye on the pool and ocean. Great Job lifeguards! Clayton in security was friendly and quick to offer to safely walk us to our room after coming in from the disco or a night at Margaritaville. And what can I say about Nesta, except that he is an incredible asset to any resort!! I feel totally safe and comfortable at this resort and can't wait to return. Keep up the good work staff!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our resort once again for your vacation. We are grateful that we were selected to host you and your family once more. For all the staff mentioned here, I will forward your compliments to their managers to give to them. It is a pleasure to know that they made your stay that much better.
We look forward to seeing you again, and welcoming you back here with us. After all the third time is always the charm.

London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

We first visted Jamaica 16 years ago, dealt with some very aggressive people at Dunn's River, some surly ones at the hotel we stayed at and that formed our opinion of Jamaica. Last week we tried again and spent Feb 10-17 at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach and I am so glad we did. It was wonderful.

We arrived late afternoon and were promptly checked in. A bell person showed us to our room, pointed out things along the way, gave us some navigating the resort tips and showed us how to get the air conditioning going.

Our room was very nice, very clean, had a king sized bed and a small couch and table. It was room 2311 which is on the 3rd floor and had a lovely view of the garden, pool and ocean as well if I looked the other direction it overlooked the 2nd floor rooftop balcony where several lovely weddings took place throughout the week.

Pool was nice, usually seemed to be a popular spot and chairs always seemed to be full. That being said I didn't really try to find one as if I have an option of pool or ocean, I will always choose ocean. The beach was nice with plenty of chairs always available and shade if you wanted it. Yes there was seaweed. It is the sea, if you don't want any plant life, shells, rocks or sea creatures then go to the pool.

We were able to see some great sea life right off the beach. We saw an eagle ray, lobster, plenty of fish, urchins and lots of star fish. Note to some tourists that were there, star fish are not 'shells' they are living creatures, take a look, pick them up and show your kids, let them hold them for a few seconds if you like but then put them back in the ocean, not into your prada beach bag.

The staff at the resort were fantastic all around. I can't see how anyone could complain! You could lay on the beach and someone would bring you your drinks! You didn't even have to open your own doors at the restaurants, someone was standing there with a smile to do it for you. Everyone was friendly and it certainly didn't seem to be in that forced ' I have to be nice to you' way, just genuinely friendly. Even the groundskeepers fighting the losing battle of keeping the seaweed away would smile, ask how your vacation was going, etc.

The food was good, the buffet always had a lot of choices, including the popular pasta bar. I was on a personal mission to eat jerk chicken at least once every day and I was successful with this. The beach buffet was a smaller version of the main buffet and you could sit outside and eat.

We ate at the Jambalaya restaurant which was fantastic. The appetizer buffet had some fantastic Jamaican patties. Our server Davian was so sweet and when I complained that I heard more Phil Collins than Bob Marley being played at the resort, he gave me an impromptu concert. We had reservations for the Steak House but my husband became ill and we had to cancel. Because of this, I had need to try out the room service. I ordered some chicken fingers and fries and it was delivered hot and yummy to my room in about 20 minutes.

We took a couple excursions, one with the dive company on site, we did the mangrove kayak and snorkel tour. As one of the other guests who was on the same trip mentioned a few reviews back, the water was rough that day and the boat ride was an adventure in itself and made the snorkelling have to be relocated. Gary and Jason kept us entertained on the trip, great guys really friendly and fantastic stories. Crystal took pictures for us and Sammy managed to get us through the rough water in one piece (well except for an errant boat door that blew off in the waves!)

We also did the Chukka white witch zipline and what a blast that was. Ricco and Orville were our very funny and friendly guides and the ziplines were a lot of fun and the scenery beautiful. There were two rappels which were my favourite part. It was only about a 20 minute drive from the hotel so the tour only took up a small part of the day, we left at 2 and were back by 6.

I loved this resort and would definitely go back. Next time we hope to bring our 8 year old with us as I think she would really enjoy it there. We were lucky enough to share the breakfast table with Anya and Tamika (sorry girls, I bet I am not even close there) who help run the kids club and they were funny and sweet and made great company.

Oh yes, tips. We did tip, fairly often, just small amounts, but several of the people around us did not and I did not notice any difference in service either way.

Room Tip: The resort is u shaped, they all get at least somewhat of a sea view I think.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time in giving us your valued feedback in regards to your experience. When we receive such comments we are given an opportunity to assess and evaluate our performance, and thrive to maintain and deliver the level of service expected from our Hotel. We would like to thank you for the positive remarks, and to know that you were satisfied with the hotel in general.
The Management and Staff at IBEROSTAR Resorts are committed in providing an ambience which satisfies our guests’ requirements. I will pass on your comments to the Manager of each department, so they can pass it to the staff. The best reward that we can give for all the hard work our employees do, is to give all these compliments so they know that they are in the right path and keep with the hard work.
Thank you for your valued feedback, and for choosing to vacation here with us. We sincerely hope that we will once again be given the opportunity to welcome you back here

Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

First of all, totally agree with Doofusone and Seoboe....because of our four hour delay with Air Canada we didn't get into the resort until 7:30 p.m.....no welcome drink, were rushed to our room by front desk staff. I need to mention that we stayed in the Rose Hall Beach resort which seemed to be the lower end of the resort. Didn't realize this until we arrived. The Rose Hall Suites would have been a better choice. After staying on other resorts, I could really tell the difference. Making reservations for restaurants.......terrible. You can't phone for reservations, you have to stand in line, by the time it is your turn you find out that the restaurants are all booked up. Very few restaurants on the resort and the sister resorts are also making bookings.....seems ridiculous that the restaurants on your own resort are always full. They serve 25 patrons per sitting which leaves the restaurant 2/3 empty. If you are put on the cancellation list you have to keep going back and forth to check which means standing in line all over again. There are no clocks in the rooms at the Beach resort and if you ask for one the answer is usually no they don't have any. Both the Grande and the Suites have clocks. Trees on the beach! Not my idea of a beach. Spent very little time on the beach which is something I prefer to do instead of hanging around pool area. Further down at the sister resorts no trees and more beach.

Jamaica is beautiful....don't go into Montego Bay to shop, not worth the time and very rough. Rose Hall Shops are nice and there is transportation running every hour to and from the shops.

The people are beautiful and very friendly....our Air Canada Representative Helen was excellent and was able to get us into the Steak House on our last night at 8:30 p.m. This was the only ala cart we got to use.

In a nut shell.....would return to Jamaica and would stay at the Iberostar again but would not return to the Beach Resort, would book in the Suites.

Oh....and what really peeved us off at the end of the vacation, returning home Air Canada had another four hour delay so instead of getting back at 9:15 pm it was 1:00 am. Not impressed with the package. We ended up with two, four hour delays. Waiting in lobbies and airports is not my idea of happy travelling.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool side view. If getting a garden view make sure it is an actual garden view. From our...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your taking the time to give us your feedback and for choosing to vacation here with us.
While we are committed in providing an ambience which satisfies our guests’ requirements, we sincerely regret if the circumstances mentioned may have affected your vacation experience and your perception of our hotel. Kindly accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience which you may have encountered due to such.
Once again, we hope that your perception of IBEROSTAR Hotels and Resorts hasn’t been tarnished due to these circumstances. We sincerely hope that we will be given the opportunity in the future to prove to you our commitment to excellent customer service and satisfaction.

Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach was one of the best experiences by far for me and my husband. We were there from February 11th through the 18th. When we got there all the rooms were booked so they gave us an upgrade to one of the best views you could ever want. We were able to open our eyes in the morning and see the ocean. The food was amazing!! Never had a better experience at an all-inclusive before. We missed one of our excursions and the lady at the travel desk bent over backwards for us to get on the tour for the next day so we would not miss out. The people in Jamaica are truly a joy to be around. They are so happy and I believe geniuenly love people. So many people have the wrong ideas of Jamaica and think they are just a bunch of stoner's. The majority of the population in Jamaica are Christian....there are a small percentage of Rustefarian (which Bob Marley started) but not too many. The two excursions we did take were both a wonderful experience. I highly recommend Jamaica for anyone...this will be a place I will visit again...hopefully with my whole family.

Room Tip: We were in room 2336...it was awesome. The veiw was spectacular. Be careful when playing sand volle...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

On behalf the Management and all the staff of the IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach we would like to extend our warmest appreciation for choosing to be guests here and for your kind words. We realize that there are a number of other resorts for you to choose from and we are appreciative of the fact that your choice was to spend your special vacation at our resort.
We are delighted that your enjoyed the ambiance here as well as the food and the warmth and hospitality of our staff

We look forward to seeing you here in the near future and welcoming you and your family back at our resort.

Orillia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Just returned from the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel. It was my second time there. First visited in November 2011. I loved it so much I had to return. I have travelled a lot and this resort has by far the best customer service I have ever had!!! "Chinet", our server on the beach is amazing. Knew our orders, kept the drinks coming at a steady pace. "Smiley" from the entertainment group was soooo funny and friendly. Kept us laughing all week and showed off some of his awesome dance moves. I can't imagine the resort being the same without him. "Nesta" the bell hop gave us a personal tour (on a golf cart) of the 3 properties. "Clayton" in security kept us safe and sound, especially those nights we were out late and drinking too much at the disco. "Shewa" at the front desk was extremely helpful in changing our rooms after we reported a couple of minor issues. "Valiant", one of the grounds keepers, kept us entertained while keeping the sea weed away from our lounging area on the beach. Shout out to lifeguards "Alric" and "Lurenzo". Very friendly and helpful. Also special mention to "Shawn" in the aquatic section. Took us out on the hobie cat one day to a special spot in the ocean. Magnificent. I can't say enough about this resort. All of the staff are friendly and helpful and are willing to get you anything (without having their hands out first). The resort is clean, food is amazing and the beach is beautiful. Best feature is the staff. I can't express enough how awesome the staff at this resort are. I just heard "Crazy Dwayne" of the entertainment unit died last night in a motorcycle accident. My heart goes out to the entire staff who are now grieving.......thank you Iberostar for another fun-filled vacation. Can't wait to return! If anyone is heading to Montego Bay and looking for a taxi, call "Richard" - ---------. He won't steer you wrong.

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the Management and all our staff members, we would like to extend to your our sincerest gratitude for your positive comments in regards to your vacation at our hotel IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach.

It wonderful for us to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the friendliness and warm Jamaican hospitality of our staff; we are aware that it is only because of them that we are able to achieve our goal and the continuous improvement of our services. I will advise the respective departments of your kind words so that they can pass them on to their staff.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back with us real soon.

Cape Breton Island, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I think this hotel is good value for the price, but keep in mind it is not a 5 star so do not expect 5 star treatment. Also know that there are three (3) levels of resorts here and the Beach is the lowest one and you cannot go to the others if you are at the Beach. I will give you my pro’s and con’s by category in MY order of importance:

Beach:
Pro’s-nice sandy beach, lots of chairs and pallipas or trees to go under. They keep it really clean, sweeping up the seaweed all the time.
Con’s –water is not the clearest, often murky with unknown floating sediment, the bottom has yucky squishy spots and you do have to watch for urhins close to the grassy areas next to the swimming line.

Food:
Pro’s-the food is good here, mostly tastily prepared, lots of it too. Japanese restaurant is the best, very nice presentation and preparation. Steak house good too. Buffet is plentiful but weird hours, lunch does not start until 1 pm. But in saying that, there is always something to eat, as when the main Buffet is closed the Steakhouse/beach bar is open.
Con’s-I must preface this with “I HATE cold buffet food” so if you don’t get the waffels, or French toast right off the grill, don’t bother. But there is so much other great variety of food available, you probably won’t care. Fresh cooked omelets, eggs etc are great. My only real complaint is that the Buffets generally has the same foods every day, but since there is such a wide selection, it is OK.

Wine & Champagne:
No pro’s at all, the available house wine and Champagne is gross, don’t even have any. Which is too bad really as I like to have wine with my meal but could not stomach it at the Buffet or bars. The Restaurants usually have a “one up” wine that is drinkable and they also have wine lists to choose from but you to have to pay for that.

Rooms & Mini bars:
Pro’s-clean, good size, comfortable king size beds. Very roomy rooms. TV if you are so inclined has lots of channels.

Con’s- We upgraded to the ocean front rooms and were glad we were on the bottom floor, only problem was the solid wall for our balcony made it seem like a cave, the higher floors have open balcony’s so would be better. Also, beware of the mustiness, which you often get in the Caribbean and I think it is generally worse on the bottom floor, so suck it up buttercup, we didn’t mind that too much though. The “mini bar” is there but not great, the beer is Carib which we don’t like at all, a few pop and water and is filled only every two days, so save your water bottles and fill them up at the beach bar.

Booze:
Pro’s-they do have many main stream brands (except for wine) but specify if you want a drink with Canadian Club whisky, or real Baileys, or you will get the other stuff. A lot of good bartenders.

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms very nice
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the Management and all our staff members, we would like to extend to your our gratitude for your positive comments, in regards to your vacation at our hotel IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach.
It is truly a pleasure for us to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated the friendliness and warm Jamaican hospitality of our staff; we are aware that it is only because of them that we are able to meet and exceed our guests expectations and improve our services.
We sincerely are gratified to learn that we have fulfilled your expectations and above all you were satisfied with the hotel facilities and service in general.
Looking forward to welcoming you here once again in the near future.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!