My wife and I, our kids and 2 year old grand daughter stayed here from Jan 7 to Jan 21, 2012.
The resort is compact, well maintained, and situated on a great beach. The staff are exceptionally helpful.
We tried each of the A La Carte restaurants. The buffet was so good, they weren't really worth the extra effort for reservations and showing up on time.
There are some quirky things. The rooms have motion sensors, which turn off lights and wall plugs when you're not there, which makes charging a camera or laptop frustrating. There's a wired (not WIFI) internet connection in the rooms, but don't expect to watch Youtube with it; it's pokey by Canadian standards; it costs US$75 per week. The bar fridge in the room can take twelve or more hours to cool a couple cans of pop, beer, and water. Leaving the cupboard door open some speeds it up, but don't plan on making ice in it. The patio/balcony light comes on at dusk and off at 11 pm, there's no switch in your room, it's controlled by some computer somewhere. You may get a flood in the bathroom taking a shower because the tub surround channels water out to the floor.
Note that the above things are just quirks. Overall we found this resort to be great and will happily go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This new 5-star- hotel is located in beautiful Montego Bay, Jamaica. Directly on the beach. Elegant colonial design. Water sports galore. Scuba diving. 3 specialty restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, HotelsClick, VISIT US, INC. , Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Iberostar
- Iberostar Rose Hall Jamaica
- Iberostar Jamaica
- Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel Jamaica - Montego Bay